Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Beastified
  • 1 Post By Rambos

Thread: Beastified's Pre-2013 Mock Draft

Beastified is offline Registered User

Beastified's Pre-2013 Mock Draft

Ok before we get started let me tell you I fully expect the Rams to make the playoffs in 2013. There were about 3 games this season the Rams *should* have won but didn't. With another season under SIXTEEN rookies belts and the addition of 3+ draft starters as well as a solid free-agency, the Rams should win atleast 2-3 more games next year. Let's begin:

1.16: Barkevious Mingo, OLB

Listen, I know most Rams fans are mocking Warmack to the Rams at 16, but even with the loss to Seattle earlier today there is still no way Warmack will be on the board when the Rams pick at 16. I want Warmack too, but if you look ahead of the Rams on the draft order you'll realize that there are numorous teams in front with offensive line issues. Joeckel could go #1; He's that good. Jacksonville, Philly, Arizona, San Diego, Carolina (Whom I think will get Warmack) all have legitament reasons to draft an offensive lineman in the 1st round. The best chance the Rams have on an offensive lineman with a 1st round grade is Eric Fisher, T out of Michigan.

Eric Fisher is a monster at 6'7 and is said to have the natural talent to POTENTIALLY be an elite NFL LT, but if this situation that I foresee actually occurs, then I'd rather the Rams go with a less bust-prone player in Barkevious Mingo. OLB is not a dire position of need, but this pick will bring the Rams defense from being just "good or great" to ELITE.

1.18/1.21+: Lane Johnson, T

This guy is Jeff Fisher's type of player. Big, strong, and plays with an attitude. Right now he's ranked 35th on CBS sports Big Board but he is destined to shoot up draft boards due to his physicality and size. Seriously, he's a 6"6 and 303 brick wall. Just what Sam Bradford asked for.

2.16: Da'Rick Rogers, WR

It's time to stop playing around with Bradford. It's that make or break year we all are talking about next year. Give the man a playmaker and we'll see what he can do. If we don't make the playoffs next year; it's on Bradford's shoulders.

3.16: Baccarri Rambo, S

The dude has character concerns, but who cares? Fisher seems to have absolute control over this team. At the end of the day, Craig Dahl needs to be replaced. At this point I think a monkey would be better at safety than Dahl.

Two Words: Craig - Dahl.
    laram0 likes this.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Re: Beastified's Pre-2013 Mock Draft

Welcome nice first post.

I like the draft the only question I have, do you think using the first pick on a strong side LB is a wise move when he will only see the field 40% of the time? We are in the nickle so much, it seems like a very high pick for a part time player.
    SportsDude likes this.