39thebeast is offline Registered User

Beastly draft 1.0

Free Agency
    Mathias Kiwunuka, DE, Giants- Kiwi is a great pass rusher he knows the system and can even play some SLB. What brings his price down is he never seems to stay healthy. With JPP emerging and Osi and Tuck locked up he will be FA and IMO a great fit at RE across from Long. You get more than adequate depth in Hall, Selvie, and Simms

Darren Sproles, RB, Chargers- We were interested in sproles before he got franchise tagged last year. This year he is not having a great year behind Matthews and Tolbert so his price tag will go down. He would be an explosive returner here so Amendola could focus on the slot. He is also an explosive receiver and has tons of speed on outside runs. Perfect compliment to S-Jax

Eric Wright, CB, Browns- Rams need a quality nickel back who is capable of being a starter because our corners always seem to get banged up. Wright is versatile corner can cover guys on the outside or the slot.

Draft
    1. Justin Blackmon, WR, Oklahoma State- Rams would love to come away with one of the big three of Green, Jones, and Blackmon. Blackmon reminds me alot of Hakeem Nicks physical wideout, with strong hands, good size, and excellent route running ability. He would instantly be Bradfords number 1. If we miss out on the Big 3 Akeem Ayers is one of my favorite players in the draft he reminds of a young Julian Peterson playing SLB.

2. Bruce Carter, OLB, North Carolina- Bruce Carter han't had a great year production wise and he just tore his ACL. However, Carter is an athletic 6'3 235 WLB with great sideline to sideline range and can do it all. Fills a huge need and would be great next to Lauranatis

3. Kristopher O’Dowd, C, USC- Center? Jason Brown is our best mauler/run blocker and we tried him out at RG in the preseason Even if we don't want to move Brown this pick should be the best interior lineman available and that happens to be O'Dowd. O'Dowd is tough, has great size for a center, a good run blocker, and plays well with his guards. Injury concerns drop him to the 3rd round.

4. KJ Wright, OLB, Mississippi State- 6'3 250 stout versus the run and can cover TEs he is the perfect SLB. He can start of on special teams then eventually take Digss spot

5. Cedric Thornton, DT, Southern Arkansas- Fred Robbins won't last forever. Thorton has similar size and a similar skill set, but is raw and needs to be developed. Robbins will be the perfect mentor

7. Chris Conte, DB, Cal- Conte is a 6'3 215 corner who could be our 4th safety or 5th CB

7. Keith Payne, RB/FB, Virginia- 6'3 255 he has Brandon Jacobs size, but not his speed. I see him developing into a Le'Ron McClain type Fullback.
    Last edited by 39thebeast; -12-16-2010 at 03:50 PM.

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Re: Beastly draft 1.0

I would bet you quite a bit of money that Carter won't be there in Round 2. I addition to being a highly productive 3 year starter, he is likely to be a combine/workout star, as he reportedly runs in the 4.4s.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

I also bet that Eric Wright wont be available in free agency. He is probably the browns best defender...unless you think Joe Haden is. But I remember reading reports on players talking about Eric Wright being a tough corner to play against, and is a rising young corner.

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    I would bet you quite a bit of money that Carter won't be there in Round 2. I addition to being a highly productive 3 year starter, he is likely to be a combine/workout star, as he reportedly runs in the 4.4s.
    Thats if he even works out he just tore his ACL less than a month ago. There is no denying his athleticism, but great production I don't know about that. he has never had more than 68 tackles and that was his best year in 2008 his toughness has also been questioned. 68 tackles and toughness questions for a LB combined with him just coming off an ACL tear.

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    I also bet that Eric Wright wont be available in free agency. He is probably the browns best defender...unless you think Joe Haden is. But I remember reading reports on players talking about Eric Wright being a tough corner to play against, and is a rising young corner.
    He has regressed this year lost his starting job to Joe Hayden and he is now only a nickel back. He has been burned for TDs and has not made as many plays. I think he could bounce back in our system

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Great job, Beast. One thing I noticed is that with Ayers, Carter and Wright on board you sure do love your linebackers!!

My thought is that if we can't get one of the big three at WR (Green, Jones or Blackman) then we should go for a pass rushing DE/DT in the first round. Cam Jordan of Cal has been turning some heads. He may be a possibility

WHAT SAY YE?

rams_man13 is offline Registered User

I'd rather look for WR help in free agency because WR's typically take 3 years to develop and I don't want to wait that long.

Carter won't be there in the second, he'll be a low first rounder.

I'd like to get WR help before the draft, then get some combination of a SS, OLB, DT, DE, RB and OG in the draft.