39thebeast is offline Registered User

Beastly Draft 3.0

Free Agency
    Barry Cofield, NT, Giants- Probably won't be cheap adding one of the best run defenders in the NFL, but at 27 Coffield is well worth it. He knows the system and has excelled in the system. He has some pass rush ability and will keep lineman off of Lauranatis and... Keep reading for the other LB

Mike Sims-Walker, WR, Jaguars
    - good size 6'2 200 nice speed and hands still young with plenty of upside. Needs to stay healthy could be anywhere from 1-3 on the depth chart

Fabian Washington, CB, Ravens
    - Ravens have a ton FA CBs. Washington has good size for the system and starting experience. Will be the nickel until Jerome Murphy is ready for that role

Rams FA's: Gibson, Goldberg, Amendola (ERFA), Vobora(RFA), Grecco(RFA), Foster(RFA), Chamberlin(RFA), CJ Ah you (RFA)

DRAFT
    1. Julio Jones, WR, Alabama- Great upside and physicality. Has all the tools and is constantly improving. Great fit in the system reminds me alot of TO

2. Bruce Carter, OLB, UNC- Could be a first rounder if he didn't tear his ACL. Sideline to sideline speed great athleticism with marginal production. Like Jones he will be a better NFL player than NCAA player. Instant starter at WLB

3. Will Rackley, OG, Lehigh- Under the radar prospect. Mauler the Rams need at RG. Would start instantly

4. Derricke Locke, RB, Kentucky- Track speed blazing fast. Runs with great vision and has great hands. Perfect compliment to S-Jax

5. Ricky Elmore, DE, Arizona- Hard Working pass rusher, with decent size, and a nice array of moves. Will compete with all the other young developing Rams rushers to be the future RE.

7. Chris Culiver, DB, South Carolina- Fast DB can play FS and CB. My hunch is Butler gets cut and Culiver would be the 4th safety

7. Allen Bradford, RB, USC- Big RB decent speed. Could probably play a little FB and special teams and would be our 4th back this year and a possible compliment to Locke in the future

BarronWade is offline Registered User

Re: Beastly Draft 3.0

Your putting waaay to much praise on Coefield. If he was such a good run defender we would here about the giants bringing him back. He is a good pick-up but when addressing the DL i think we should more than just add coefield.

I doubt we can get fabian washington as a stop-gap option when the guy is only 27. I doubt he wants just a 1-2 year deal

Sims-walker would be nice

Jones and Sims walker would be better (clayton did pretty well for us though sad to see him go)

Bruce Carter is fine he can also be a special team asset...but i just dont like the idea of drafting an outside linebacker this early i would prefer a better pass rushing OLB

Rackley is good but but instant starter? maybe. I think he needs to add more bulk to be an effective mauler at the next level.

Locke would compliment Jackson well. his YPC over 5.0 in college which is pretty good. ANd he is a good receiver. Good Choice!

Elmore is fine...

Culiver is a NO!... When spags drafts conners (Fletcher and Murphy) he looks for willing tacklers. Culiver is a good athlete but can he cover or tackle?

We dont need to go get a FB and if we need a compliment to locke we can get one if and when he becomes a starter.

Quote Originally Posted by BarronWade View Post
    Your putting waaay to much praise on Coefield. If he was such a good run defender we would here about the giants bringing him back. He is a good pick-up but when addressing the DL i think we should more than just add coefield.

I doubt we can get fabian washington as a stop-gap option when the guy is only 27. I doubt he wants just a 1-2 year deal

Sims-walker would be nice

Jones and Sims walker would be better (clayton did pretty well for us though sad to see him go)

Bruce Carter is fine he can also be a special team asset...but i just dont like the idea of drafting an outside linebacker this early i would prefer a better pass rushing OLB

Rackley is good but but instant starter? maybe. I think he needs to add more bulk to be an effective mauler at the next level.

Locke would compliment Jackson well. his YPC over 5.0 in college which is pretty good. ANd he is a good receiver. Good Choice!

Elmore is fine...

Culiver is a NO!... When spags drafts conners (Fletcher and Murphy) he looks for willing tacklers. Culiver is a good athlete but can he cover or tackle?

We dont need to go get a FB and if we need a compliment to locke we can get one if and when he becomes a starter.
    Who says the Giants wont try too. I just doubt they will because they are already spending boat loads of cash on Canty, Tuck, Osi, and Pierre Paul. They also already have Linval jospeh their second round pick and Rocky Benard who makes good money also thats why they wont bring back Cofield not because he isn't a great run defender. He is an instant starter at NT and we still have the young developing Scott who was hurt alot of last year as well as young developing talents like Selvie, Simms, and Cudjo. We have some youth and untaped Talent on our line. I think Selvie can be the future at RE as he contnues to get better and Scott could also get better and start at DT also.

As for Fabian Washington its called a prove it deal he didn't play well this year got benched for josh wilson and was even inactive at times. If he plays well here he recovers value and goes for a bigger deal when he is 28

The Rams run a 4-3 pass rushing isn't the main responsibility especially of a weak side LB. They have to be able to cover RBs and TEs and play sideline to sideline. Carter is a raw pass rusher, but he has the ability

I never said Bradford was a FB i said he could probably play some FB. Compliment wasn't a good choice of words I should say Bradford adds another dimension to the Rams backup RBs as powerful short yardage guy.

If you look at Josh McDaniel interior line in Denver all of he was in charge of picking they were all around Rackley's size. He will be fine at his current weight even though it wont hurt to add more weight.

To your question about Culiver the answer is yes he can cover and tackle.
    Last edited by 39thebeast; -02-16-2011 at 10:08 PM.

BarronWade is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by 39thebeast View Post
    Who says the Giants wont try too. I just doubt they will because they are already spending boat loads of cash on Canty, Tuck, Osi, and Pierre Paul. They also already have Linval jospeh their second round pick and Rocky Benard who makes good money also thats why they wont bring back Cofield not because he isn't a great run defender. He is an instant starter at NT and we still have the young developing Scott who was hurt alot of last year as well as young developing talents like Selvie, Simms, and Cudjo. We have some youth and untaped Talent on our line. I think Selvie can be the future at RE as he contnues to get better and Scott could also get better and start at DT also.

As for Fabian Washington its called a prove it deal he didn't play well this year got benched for josh wilson and was even inactive at times. If he plays well here he recovers value and goes for a bigger deal when he is 28

The Rams run a 4-3 pass rushing isn't the main responsibility especially of a weak side LB. They have to be able to cover RBs and TEs and play sideline to sideline. Carter is a raw pass rusher, but he has the ability

I never said Bradford was a FB i said he could probably play some FB. Compliment wasn't a good choice of words I should say Bradford adds another dimension to the Rams backup RBs as powerful short yardage guy.

If you look at Josh McDaniel interior line in Denver all of he was in charge of picking they were all around Rackley's size. He will be fine at his current weight even though it wont hurt to add more weight.

To your question about Culiver the answer is yes he can cover and tackle.
    Alright i got a question for you would you take Coefield over kiwinuka? Because i belive kiwi would benefit us more than Coefield. Selvie is still developing and Hall should become a 3rd down only pass rusher with someone like Kiwi playing RE on 1st n 2nd down.

"Prove it deal" yea he should not be guaranteed a year at all. We should just invite him to camp make him earn a spot. This seems like a Kevin Dockery situation.

Yes the rams do run a 4-3 but our linebackers blitz plenty times and Carter needs to attack Offensive lineman at times to give James Laurinaitis a nice gap when he comes on a delayed blitz. I just dont see Carter holding up vs. offensive linemen. dont get me wrong the pick is fine but if we are picking a OLB in the 2nd i would prefer either a playmaker or a pass rusher.

Culiver better improve his covering and tackling if wants to make a practice squad in the nfl

gummysoul is offline Registered User

I'm just glad someone other than myself has mentioned Allen Bradford. He's not a #4 rb. The guy is far more talented than anybody in the Ram's backfield now (save for Steven Jackson, of course). His numbers don't pop out all that much b/c he's had to deal with injuries and being in the coaches doghouse all year for his well documented fumble issues, but he seems like a good character guy who doesn't complain and would match Spag's tough nose type of running game, sort of like a short Brandon Jacobs. He runs with a lot of force and I don't see him getting caught from behind all that often. If you don't know him, definitely check him out on Youtube.

As for other positions, I really like what I've seen out of Robert Ijalana of Villanova. I know OG is a position of great need and I think he'd be a wonderful pickup. It's unfortunate as he's probably too high to be picked at 14 and I suspect he'll be long gone before the Rams 2nd pick.

Quote Originally Posted by BarronWade View Post
    Alright i got a question for you would you take Coefield over kiwinuka? Because i belive kiwi would benefit us more than Coefield. Selvie is still developing and Hall should become a 3rd down only pass rusher with someone like Kiwi playing RE on 1st n 2nd down.
    Hall is still a prety good run defender so I think it would be kiwi playing n 3rd downs or hall moving inside on 3rd down. I would still take Cofield over Hall because I would rather upgrade Gibson instead of Hall. I think hall can still get us at least 7 sacks next year while the young guys continue to develop. Gibson played well last year, but there is no upside with him.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

The Jaguars need WRs, i don't think they are likely to let the only decent one they have walk

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    The Jaguars need WRs, i don't think they are likely to let the only decent one they have walk
    They benched him last year he was their 3rd reciever. I doubt they will retain him or he will want to come back after that

BrokenWing is online now Registered User

Can I just say I love mock draft discussions?

Also I want a new wide receiver for the Rams like a dieing man in a desert wants water. That said, I'd really like to see us keep Clayton and cut some of the dead weight towards the back end of the WR core.