39thebeast is offline Registered User

Beastly Mock Draft

1. Eugene Monroe, OT, Virginia-
    Slight edge over Smith becuase he is more pro ready and right now the best blocker in the draft.

2. Hakeem Nicks, WR, North Carolina-
    I wanted to put Lauranatis here, but the Patsies and Detroit will have 2 shots at him and I think they will take at least 1. Nicks is the most pro-ready WR in the draft. He has the best hands in the draft and is a great route runner. His physical style and route running is the perfect compliment to Avery.

3. Tyronne McKenzie, LB, South Florida-
    played SLB at South Florida, but has been a full time MLB in the past and was verry productive. 6'2 243 he has the size and speed to play in the middle. He is tackling machine who is good against the run.

4. Terrance Knighton, NT, Temple-
    Adds some size and depth to the Rams line

5. Tom Brandstater, QB, Fresno State-
    He will take some time to develop but he has the size and the arm strength to become a good QB

6. Phillip Hunt, DE, Houston-
    Adds depth to the heavy D-line rotation Spags uses.

7. Robert Francois, SLB, Boston College-
    Good size and had a verry productive senior season. Showed great ability in the East West Shrine game
    Last edited by 39thebeast; -03-22-2009 at 12:49 PM.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Re: Beastly Mock Draft

Oh wow. I love it. I really hope it plays out this way.

You get the OT, which is what we really need.

You got the WR (a good one) who we need to fill in for Holt, Bennett, Hall, Looker.

A MLB. We need one, and as you mentioned, he played there before. The down part to the Curry pick. I don't want to experiment.

A NT, we need a true NT. A big fatty.

A back up QB. I know we're looking at Frerotte, but we need the young QB to groom into our future starter. Is it Brandstater? I don't know. But only time will tell.

Great mock my friend
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Devaney, if you care about this team... fire the offensive coordinator!!!!

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Love it, love it love it if the chips were to fall this way. I have to spread it, Beast, but there's some rep coming with your name on it.

Thanks for the positive feedback

BarronWade is offline Registered User

LOVE IT!!!!

However since everyone else is giving good feedback i just want to point our 2 things:

Lions wont take Laurinaitis because they just gave up a promising yound DT and a 5th rounder for peterson so he is there MLB. The patriots need OLB help. I think they reach for Sintim in the 1st and trade the 34th pick to get Peppers. Then the Panthers take Robert Ayers for Peppers replacement. But i'd be happy with either Laurinaitis or Nicks.

i am also staring to lean toward istillbelive (clanram user) when he says there is better NT prospects next year. So i dont think we should waste a 4th if there are going to be better NTs next year. I think we should take Hill in the 6th or settle with Cliff Ryan for a year.

Aside from that It was a really good mock draft. Il give you props (rep) where props (rep) are do. Dam! lol i have "spread rep before giving it too you agian" lol

jbell15 is offline Registered User

I Like the draft if McKenzie can play MLB in the pro's, but i have my doubts.
    Also, like my draft with lauranaitis, nicks will probably not be there in rd. two.
    we can hope though, and i hope he does!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BarronWade View Post
    LOVE IT!!!!

However since everyone else is giving good feedback i just want to point our 2 things:

Lions wont take Laurinaitis because they just gave up a promising yound DT and a 5th rounder for peterson so he is there MLB. The patriots need OLB help. I think they reach for Sintim in the 1st and trade the 34th pick to get Peppers. Then the Panthers take Robert Ayers for Peppers replacement. But i'd be happy with either Laurinaitis or Nicks.

i am also staring to lean toward istillbelive (clanram user) when he says there is better NT prospects next year. So i dont think we should waste a 4th if there are going to be better NTs next year. I think we should take Hill in the 6th or settle with Cliff Ryan for a year.

Aside from that It was a really good mock draft. Il give you props (rep) where props (rep) are do. Dam! lol i have "spread rep before giving it too you agian" lol
    Even if there are better NT prospects next year, we are extremely thin at DT and we still need some depth. You can never gamble on next year because you don't know what is going to happen. This time last year Andre Smith looked really good, but look where he is now.

Julian Peterson is and OLB not and MLB he and Simms will man the OLB spots in Detroit, but they still really need an MLB. I don't see the Pats making that trade and mking Peppers the highest paid defensive player in the league, thats not their style. Also the pats need an OLB just as much as they need an MLB. They have Adalius Thomas on the outside and Mayo at one inside spot. Bruschi is 35 and his play has really detereorated they have Piere Woods on the outside, but he could use some help. IMO Lauranatis is still a verry good option for both teams, but I would love it if he fell to us.

smizzhfx is offline Registered User

Good draft, although I think we need to go defense in round 2. The way our defense has played the last couple of seasons, we need some impact players on that side of the ball. I would love to see James Laurainitis there at the top of the second. Otherwise, I love the picks, Brandstater will be a great pick in the 5th.

CanadianRamsFan is offline Registered User

If our draft turns out like this i would be over the moon. Beast quick Q, say Laurainitis drops to us in the 2nd and we take him, what WR, in your opinion, do we take in the third? assuming thats what we do.

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianRamsFan View Post
    If our draft turns out like this i would be over the moon. Beast quick Q, say Laurainitis drops to us in the 2nd and we take him, what WR, in your opinion, do we take in the third? assuming thats what we do.
    Fingers crossed I would say Juaqin Iglesias he is the perfect fit for the WCO. If he isn't there you can look at Ramses Barden, Louis Murphy, and Mike Thomas. Out of that bunch I would take Barden.

Shan the Ram Man is offline Registered User

Good draft!

Switch the 2nd & 3rd round picks to 2nd B. Robiski WR and in the 3rd J. Brinkly MLB.

I would take that draft in a heart beat of coarse with those changes.