Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Majpain Guest

Re: Beastly Mock Offseason 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by 39thebeast View Post
    Calvin Johnson in 10 games 756 yards and 4 touchdowns. Larry Fitzgerald 780 yards and 8 tds. Andre Johnson 976 yards and 4 tds. Dwayne Bowe 995 yards and 5 tds. Randy Moss 1,300 yards and 17 touchdowns. Torry Holt 788 yds and 6 touchdowns. I think thats a pretty good group.
    What about

Troy Williamson
    Mike Williams
    Reggie Williams
    Rashaun Woods
    Charles Rogers
    Ashley Lelie
    David Terrell
    I could go on with 1st round WR busts.

Brandon Marshall
    Marques Colston
    Vincent Jackson
    Anquan Boldin

Guys that weren't first round selections.

All I'm saying is you can find top notch WR's in the later rounds and the Rams would benefit better if they built from the inside out.

Dominating D Guest

Yes Crabtree is very imposing against other college kids because his physical presence but here is the kicker he will be going up against guys that are either just as physical or faster. Not saying he will be a bad WR I just think he isn't worthy of a top 5 pick because he isn't going to have a huge impact. Tell me how many WR taken in round 1 make huge impacts their rookie year?

MAJPAIN

Why does he have to make a major impact his rookie year. Can the rams invest in a WR and give him time to learn and develop into a major player??? OR does everything have to be right now now now.... If so then I believe the Rams will continue to chase it's own tail trying to strike gold.....

Here is the kicker no matter what position you play in the NFL the players are bigger, stronger and faster. So what is your point that Crabtree will struggle more than others????????

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Majpain View Post
    What about

Troy Williamson
    Mike Williams
    Reggie Williams
    Rashaun Woods
    Charles Rogers
    Ashley Lelie
    David Terrell
    I could go on with 1st round WR busts.

Brandon Marshall
    Marques Colston
    Vincent Jackson
    Anquan Boldin

Guys that weren't first round selections.

All I'm saying is you can find top notch WR's in the later rounds and the Rams would benefit better if they built from the inside out.
    Scouting has become much better if you look at recent years. WRs have become extremely scrutinized. You have excellent players like Santonio Holmes, Calvin Johnson, Dwayne Bowe, Anthony Gonzlez, Tedd Ginn. Then you have less than Spectacular guys like Meachum and Craig Davis who have been banged up and behind other people.

Majpain Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dominating D View Post
    Yes Crabtree is very imposing against other college kids because his physical presence but here is the kicker he will be going up against guys that are either just as physical or faster. Not saying he will be a bad WR I just think he isn't worthy of a top 5 pick because he isn't going to have a huge impact. Tell me how many WR taken in round 1 make huge impacts their rookie year?

MAJPAIN

Why does he have to make a major impact his rookie year. Can the rams invest in a WR and give him time to learn and develop into a major player??? OR does everything have to be right now now now.... If so then I believe the Rams will continue to chase it's own tail trying to strike gold.....

Here is the kicker no matter what position you play in the NFL the players are bigger, stronger and faster. So what is your point that Crabtree will struggle more than others????????
    Well your taking a wideout at #2 overall there are going to be VERY high expectations. Holt is still serviceable and Donnie Avery the first Wideout taken last year looks to be a stud. All I'm saying WR isn't a glaring need for the Rams like other positions.

In anycase if you want a WR to develope why not take a Darius-Heyward Bay? or a Kenny Britt? and use that #2 overall on franchise Tackle or the next best LB?

Scouting has become much better if you look at recent years. WRs have become extremely scrutinized. You have excellent players like Santonio Holmes, Calvin Johnson, Dwayne Bowe, Anthony Gonzlez, Tedd Ginn. Then you have less than Spectacular guys like Meachum and Craig Davis who have been banged up and behind other people.
    Exactly last year many "experts" had 3-4 WR's pegged as first rounder and the first WR taken was Donnie Avery no expert saw that. Everyone took notice that WR is a position that can be filled later and you can still end up with a top notch guy. The WR you just mentioned only Calvin was taken near Crabtree would be taken thats alot of expectations for a guy that isn't near developed as a player of a CJ.

Dominating D Guest

Well your taking a wideout at #2 overall there are going to be VERY high expectations. Holt is still serviceable and Donnie Avery the first Wideout taken last year looks to be a stud. All I'm saying WR isn't a glaring need for the Rams like other positions.

In anycase if you want a WR to develope why not take a Darius-Heyward Bay? or a Kenny Britt? and use that #2 overall on franchise Tackle or the next best LB?

Exactly last year many "experts" had 3-4 WR's pegged as first rounder and the first WR taken was Donnie Avery no expert saw that. Everyone took notice that WR is a position that can be filled later and you can still end up with a top notch guy. The WR you just mentioned only Calvin was taken near Crabtree would be taken thats alot of expectations for a guy that isn't near developed as a player of a CJ.
    Avery a stud.... Not yet but has shown potential no more than Curtis did at this time.

When I used the word develop I was talking about developing into one of the leagues best WR. Fitzgerald did not come in his rookie year on fire. It took time to learn how to become a dominate player in this legue... So why not let a talent like CRABS develop into a top notch player.

Majpain Guest

Avery a stud.... Not yet but has shown potential no more than Curtis did at this time.

When I used the word develop I was talking about developing into one of the leagues best WR. Fitzgerald did not come in his rookie year on fire. It took time to learn how to become a dominate player in this legue... So why not let a talent like CRABS develop into a top notch player.

I see your point its very valid I don't I'm not really for WR's getting taken that high. Plus what Spag said about making a Power run game makes me think Monroe or Oher could be the guy.

Dominating D Guest

I see your point its very valid I don't I'm not really for WR's getting taken that high. Plus what Spag said about making a Power run game makes me think Monroe or Oher could be the guy.
    That would be a waste of the 2nd overall pick.... Hope the new FO recognize that the Rams also need talent and select a talented LB like Curry or WR Crabtree.

Majpain Guest

That would be a waste of the 2nd overall pick.... Hope the new FO recognize that the Rams also need talent and select a talented LB like Curry or WR Crabtree.

I would rather see Curry only because he is far and above the best LB in the class. The Rams could get a potential star at WR in round 2.

MarshallMarshall Guest

This is the weakest mock draft I have looked at yet. No where close to what our needs are. Our draft will be hopefully a little more directed to what our needs are.

Dominating D Guest

I would be OK with Curry..... If you could convince me that one of the OT has the talent of O. Pace I would be excited about the Rams 2nd overall pick. However I am not even sure which of them would be the best choice??? Cause all of them seem to have holes in their game. O. Pace was dominate and he showed power, speed, and when needed he had a nasty steak.....

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MarshallMarshall View Post
    This is the weakest mock draft I have looked at yet. No where close to what our needs are. Our draft will be hopefully a little more directed to what our needs are.
    Thats funny how we got an OT, C, LB and a playmaker on offense, but we didn't address any needs. Thats ok though, we all have our opinions.

MarshallMarshall Guest

Thats funny how we got an OT, C, LB and a playmaker on offense, but we didn't address any needs. Thats ok though, we all have our opinions.
    Ya your right about the opinion part, but thats where it ends! Getting a backup tackle is not going to seal up that need! I have never heard of the center from carolina if he is good I would be all for it. But drafting Clay Mathews would not fill the hole we need, in my eyes we need a thumper in the middle. Addressing Dt in 5th round is also where I disagree we need to go after one early. Round 1. DT/OL Round 2. DT/MLB Round 3. SS
    This is where I would be expecting Spags to Draft in first 3 rounds. But I guess we all have our own opinion!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12