39thebeast is offline Registered User

Beastly Mock offseason 6.0

FA (Whenever it happens, timing and maybe choices will be bad)

James Anderson, OLB, Panthers- Anderson is coming off a great season. He is finally living up to the potential Defensive Coordinator Ken Flajole saw out of him when he was his LB coach. He would fill a huge hole at WLB, and could also play SLB.

Dashon Goldson, S, *****- Goldson is young safety who makes plays in the run and pass game. He was banged up this year and didn't play his best ball so that lowers his price a bit. He would be a good young play making replacement for OJ.

Draft
    1. Aldon Smith, DE, Missouri- If Julio Jones is off the board the Rams will go the best available pass rusher route. With the likes of Dareus, Fairley, Quinn, and Bowers off the board I think Smith is the next best pass rusher. Smith and his long arms and athletic ability remind me of Simeon Rice or Jeavon Kearse in their prime. Unlike Cam Jordan, JJ Watt, and Adrian Clayborn he is great fit at RE opposite Chris Long. He has great upside as a pass rusher and I expect to see a Jason Pierre Paul type of rookie season playing behind Long and Hall.

2. Jon Baldwin, WR, Pitt- Ton of talent, but has character concerns. Great size hands and pretty good speed. Reminds me alot of Vincent Jackson a guy we considered taking a risk on. Exact type of receiver Mcdaniels wants in his offense. The Rams have built up a solid core group of players that will help keep him in check. He could complain about his 5'11 scrub of a QB, but he definitely won't be able to complain about Bradford.

3. Will Rackley, OG, Lehigh- Rackley had a great pro day with every NFL team in attendance so he may not even be here. Both of McDaniels guards in Denver were converted tackles like Rackley will be. Rackley mauled lower competition at Lehigh he will need time to develop, but will be a very solid starter at guard for the Rams.

4. Derrick Locke, RB, Kentucky- Speed demon and perfect compliment to S-Jax. He is also a good receiver, and returner. Could start in McDaniels pass heavy system in the future if he works on his pass protection.

5. Terrelle McLain, DT, South Florida- Short stout run defender with he ability to penetrate. With Fred Robbins getting older he will definitely get a good amount of snaps as a key part of the rotation.

7. Mario Fanin, RB, Auburn- Never lived up to hype coming into Auburn. Had a great combine running in the 4.3s and weighing 231 pounds. Was never a great runner, but excelled playing special teams, catching passes, and pass protecting. Will be a perfect 3rd or 4th RB for the Rams who have zero depth at the position.

7. Ryan Jones, CB, Northwest Missouri State- The best corner in DII lockdown cover man and a playmaker. Great speed and size combo for this system. Would come in and compete with Marquis Johnson for the 5th CB spot or go to the practice squad.

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

Re: Beastly Mock offseason 6.0

Honestly not a bad Beastly draft at all!
    Honestly I hope we move back and pick up another pick or two but wouldn't be disapointed with our first two picks by any means in your draft. I think it's probably the most realistic course for us anyway come draft day.

TylerBishop is offline Registered User

Re: Beastly Mock offseason 6.0

no need for two RB's too many other holes, I like the rest though