Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By sosa39rams
  • 1 Post By laram0

Thread: Bernie's Draft Bits

BernieM is offline Registered User

Bernie's Draft Bits

Although, as I've often noted, I truly hate the NFL draft, I am the top expert on the subject, so its only right that I provide you all with a few tips going into this year's draft weekend:

*Because the Rams hold two premium second round picks, those selections, rather than the first round pick, will hold the key to their draft. As a result, I expect that, once we know what positions the Rams have filled with the 33rd and 39th picks, we'll be able to determine the identity of the No. 6 pick.

*I'm a bit worried about Jeff Fisher's cavalier attitude going into this year's draft. I asked him what (other than his presence) is going to make this year's draft different from previous years. He replied that the team "also has less need." I retorted that I found his comment hard to believe, given the poor record last year and the number of veterans who were released. But Fished just gave me a funny look and said, "no, you don't understand, I was pointing out that we now have less need on the team." I again told him I disagreed, but he just got annoyed, so I moved on to the next question.

*Even though I believe he will likely be the best player available at pick No. 6, I don't think the Rams should take Justin Blackmon. The reason is that WR is clearly the biggest need, and no team should make draft decisions based on need.

*A lot of fans believe that the draft experts in the media compete with one another. The truth is, we have a very cooperative relationship. For example, this year I am one of the inside sources for Bucky Brooks. Brooks, in turn, is an inside source for Greg Cosell. Cosell is one of my inside sources. This is a great system, as it ensures that we all have fairly equal access to inside sources of information.

*I have to wonder to what extent the baseless rumors and speculation about the Rams' move to Los Angeles might impact the team's ability to attract talented rookies to the team.

That's all for now.

--B
    Last edited by BernieM; -04-19-2012 at 02:30 PM.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Re: Bernie's Draft Bits

I love you.
    Tampa_Ram likes this.

THE DREAM TEAM

berg8309 is offline Registered User

I cannot find fault with this article, it says everything I ever dreamed of saying, but couldn't put the pen to the paper, so to speak. Bravo Bernie, Bravo. You are a leader and inspiration to us all.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

************RUMOR*************

The New York football Jets want Blackmon in a bad way. They're willing to trade Tebow and have head coach REX RYAN join Weight Watchers to get him! LET'S HAVE A SNACK!
    GROUND DOG 39 likes this.

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    ************RUMOR*************

The New York football Jets want Blackmon in a bad way. They're willing to trade Tebow and have head coach REX RYAN join Weight Watchers to get him! LET'S HAVE A SNACK!
    Throw in a gag order preventing Rex Ryan from talking to the media and you have a deal.

BernieM is offline Registered User

I'll be interviewing the Rams' new GM, Les Snead, today and I plan to ask him if he agrees that the Rams have less need...

Hey...

Wait a second...

I think I just figured something out.