jbell15 is offline Registered User

best case scenario

If iI were Devaney i would:
    trade out of the two pick to the middle of the first round an pick up a second round choice in the deal.
    trade the fifth round choice for Lito shepherd
    draft
    1:Rey Maualaga-MLB (unmatched intensity and pride, something the rams surely lack outside of long and witherspoon)
    2: Patrick Chung-SS (very good in coverage and an above average tackler. Plays the run better than people think, something Atogwe needs to work on)
    2: Duke Robinson-Guard ( has all of the physical tools, just needs to fine tune his game)
    3: Ramses Barden-WR (huge red-zone target that the rams have needed for years, becomes more apparent if holt is released)
    4: Keenan Lewis-Cornerback (could be the steal of the draft, great man coverage skills, comparable to Asomugha)
    6: A.Q Shipley-Center ( Also very under-rated, watch the senior bowl if you want more proof)
    7: Xavier Fulton- RT ( biggest tackle in the draft, could be a work in progress, but the physical tools are un-matched)
    If you look at the patriots, you can see that an offensive line can be built with mid to late round picks. I think that eventually Greco, Robinson, Shipley, and fulton can be key players on the offensive line.
    Pace still has a year left in him in my opinion. That is if he doesn't get released. If he does, then i think barron can slide back over to his natural LT position and thrive. If pace and holt are released, then the rams MUST sign a premier lineman in FA to go with this plan. Say Jordan Gross?

shower beers is offline Registered User

Re: best case scenario

Well, Matt Light was taken in the second round, and Logan Mankins was taken in the first round. Not sure about the other starters, but the point being that for every steal a team finds, there is talent that you simply cannot "steal". Right now I don't think our line can risk going for the steal in the later rounds, and either can Bulger's bone structure.

LongBlood is offline Registered User

Re: best case scenario

After Ray Maulaga pulled that stunt with Erin Andrews, then him "sliding" during Sr Bowl workouts...I'd stay away. N as for Mankins...he was the very last pick in the first round I believe...so pretty much a 2nd rounder ;-)