6 25.00%
  • It's Okay

9 37.50%
  • I Hate It

3 12.50%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    bud_5403 is offline Registered User

Best Rams Mock Draft by bud_5403

Here's my Mock Draft. I pray it goes like this. All of the picks, excludind Crabtree, are barring the Rams address their needs in Free Agency. Has my first choice and who I would settle for. First edition. Most likely will be revisied by the time the draft comes around. I can't wait.

Round 1. Michael Crabtree 6'3 214 Texas Tech WR
    The most exciting player in this draft class. The Rams need him to go along with Donnie Avery and Torry Holt. I know alot of people probably would enjoy seeing the Rams taking a tackle in this spot, but be serious folks, even the experts can't seem to chose who the best tackle is. All the pressing defensive needs will hopefully be taken care of in free agency, and the O-Line needs can be taken care of in Round 2. (Note: All of you Michael Oher lovers, stock significantly dropped after his senior bowl performance. Went from Top 5 to 25 on Mel Kipers Big Board). I wouldn't settle for anyone else. If the Rams don't draft him I would hate them like I did when they took Tye Hill over Antonio Cromartie or Manny Lawson, or not trading up to get Vernon Davis before the ***** did.

Round 2. Alex Mack 6'5 300- California C
    We need O-Line help and he an HUGE upgrade from Brett Romberg or whoever starts at center now. He's a smart kid. Scholar athlete. Hard worker. Nasty aggressive player that can get the Rams on the right direction. Would settle for Herman Johnson, the 6'7 380 pound offensive guard from LSU.

Round 3. Michael Hamlin 6'3 200- Clemson SS
    Great fit that can learn from the elder Corey Chavous. Could be a good strong safety in the NFL. Tough and physical. Doesn't have great speed but does have long arms and is a very reliable tackler. Also a four year starter at Clemson. Will Moore from Mizzou or Pat Chung from Oregon. I also like Phil Loadholt, the 6'8 337 pound offeensive tackle from Oklahoma ALOT at this pick. He was my first choice but I think Hamlin would be the better player available.

Round 4. Jarius Byrd 6'0 200- Oregon CB/S
    I intially said take James Davis, the running back from Clemson with this pick but I think Jarius is a diamond in the rough and a future Pro-Bowler. Son of Gil Byrd, former NFL D-Back. Played QB and Safety in high school.. I know because I followed him. He being from the St. Louis area (Clayton High School. Demoshlished my high school playing QB. Won a state title also.) Could play zone corner or free safety. Reads quarterbacks well. You can tell that he played the position. 2nd choice: Will Davis. The 6'2 246 pound Defensive End from Illnois. Younger brother of Vernon Davis.

Round 5. Jasper Brinkley 6'2 257- South Carolina ILB
    4.6 40 yard dash at his size is scary. He knows how to get into the back field and finish off quarterbacks. Stock fell a bunch because of his health. Would be a steal in the 5th round. 2nd choice: Scott McKillop. The 6'2 240 pound mike linebacker from Pittsburgh.

Round 6. Pat White 6'2 185- West Virginia QB
    Don't know why I want them to get him, I just do. If they were to get him I would hope they would get keep him at quarterback. He could be a Michael Vick type player. Maybe learn some accuracy under Marc. Evade defenders with his speed. If they don't get him, maybe they can get a with a running back with some speed. Not alot of speedsters in the earlier rounds. Devin Moore from Wyoming. Ran a 4.27 40 yard dash.

Round 7. Brannan Southerland 6'0 242- Georgia FB
    Ramsarein need of a fullback. Southerland is more of a fullback who can block for Steven Jackson.If they're looking for more of a running fullback they maybe able to convert Jorvoskie Lane from Texas A&M.

What do you think about this fans?

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Re: Best Rams Mock Draft by bud_5403

wrong thread

NorCalRam Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 39thebeast View Post
    wrong thread
    Why is this "wrong thread". It's just his opinion on who he likes in the draft. Lets here your mock draft you have something better?

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

It's okay. I don't like Crabtree and you know why, but to not have an OT pick at all is absurd. Round 4 is probably where it's at in this scenario.

I don't think Jarius Byrd is the younger brother of Vernon Davis.

I think Pat White goes higher but I like him as a selection.

And I'm glad to see you have a fullback.

bud_5403 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Bar-bq View Post
    I don't think Jarius Byrd is the younger brother of Vernon Davis.
    Duh. Come on bar-bq. Read. It clearly states my second option is Will Davis from Illnois. Hes the younger brother of Vernon Davis. And I dont know why you dont like Crabtree. He the best available player in the draft.
    Last edited by bud_5403; -01-31-2009 at 04:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalRam View Post
    Why is this "wrong thread". It's just his opinion on who he likes in the draft. Lets here your mock draft you have something better?
    This was in Ram Talk before I wasn't talking about his draft.

On the draft I don't see why in the world the Rams would have drafted Manny Lawson who was a combine all star and nothing more. Vernon Davis is barely anything more than a combine all star either. Like Hill Cromartie had one good year, granted hsi year was better than Hill's. His pass defense was among the worst in the NFL, which just goes to show Shawn Merriman's huge impact on his pro bowl status and the Charger defense as a whole.

Pat White definately doesn't last that long his versatility will be a valuable commodity. I also think Byrd and White go a round earlier. In Spags scheme we need more of a bump and run corner while Byrd us a zone guy.

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Awesome!!!! But I voted for a minor tweak. That minor tweak would be Pat White. Now yes he could add a dimention ex. Hines Ward, Antwan Randle-El, etc. where we could have a few trick plays, but I'm not sold on Pat White at QB, we need to be looking for a long term solution at QB.

ForeveRams is offline Registered User

IMO there arn't any Olinemen available worthy of our first round pick at #2. Crabtree on the other hand is since he is arguably the best player in the draft. With Holt either restructuring and lasting another year or two as our #2 or 3 receiver or being cut we certainly need to build a top flight WR corp, Crabtree completes the trio with Avery and Burton. Johnson or Mack are fine in the second round as I think they will be available when we pick. After that who knows but I'd like to stay on track rebuilding the Trenches with our third pick.

djdeeznutz Guest

i like the first few picks (crabtree would be great) but i think Alex Mack will go in the 1st round leaving us to take Max unger.

Your late rounders need some tweaks since we didn take an OT with the 2nd pick we will address that later even if we take unger/mack.

jbell15 is offline Registered User

Replace Crabtree with curry
    replace byrd with keenan lewis
    replace brinkley with brandstater
    equals a perfect draft

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

"I find your lack of an offensive tackle disturbing..."

Otherwise it's a pretty solid mock.

Quote Originally Posted by bud_5403 View Post
    Duh. Come on bar-bq. Read. It clearly states my second option is Will Davis from Illnois. Hes the younger brother of Vernon Davis.
    No, Vernon Davis' brother is CB Vontae Davis, not DE Will Davis.

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

I had to go with OK, the major reason is that we need an o tackle somewhere in the top 4 rounds. If you think Crabtree is the best player available, then I suppose I can handle picking him at #2. We can't draft based on need, we need good quality football players in here.
    Good job though, but I probably wouldn't go Pat White either, seeing as I think he projects more as a wide receiver than a QB and if your taking Crabtree our receivers should be set for awhile. Overall it was a decent mock.

Drummerman1011 is offline Registered User

Assuming we get at least one O-line guy in free agency then Crabtree makes perfect sense with the #2 pick for a couple of reasons. One, if you are gonna invest whatever money it is, it might as well be a star receiver, and two, we can pick up more o-line depth in rounds 2 or 3. Alex Mack is nice but I agree with most when I say he won't be there. Assuming we can get a tackle in free agency then a Center in the 2nd round would be ideal. With those 3 pick-ups, offense is building for the future and years to come. I dont know about Pat white either, hes a great player but we need more of a pocket passer then a Michael Vick type of player imo.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jbell15 View Post
    Replace Crabtree with curry
    replace byrd with keenan lewis
    replace brinkley with brandstater
    equals a perfect draft

IMO, Byrd and DeAngelo Smith are better than Lewis.

And if we get Brandstater instead of Brinkley, (assuming we don't do anything in FA) then that means in this draft we have picked NO offensive tackles, NO linebackers, and TWO quarterbacks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast