throwback week

Frito Guest
    Just curious. Would like to see who you serious Ram Fans think the Rams should go after out of the unsigned Class of 2008.

What needs are left?
    A Running Back to compete as back-up to Steven Jackson.
    A Full Back to Block for him?
    A Third QB?

I for one am surprised Dantrell Savage RB from OSU was not selected and think he would make a nice addition.

Height: 5-9 Weight: 195
    6.5-yard-per-carry average ... Of the nationís top 50 rushers, only three averaged more yards per carry ...
    Last edited by Frito; -04-28-2008 at 07:24 PM.

timsum1283 is offline Registered User

Re: Best of the Rest? Undrafted Free Agents...

Savage is a nice speedy back who might be able to be more of a homerun threat than say Antonio Pittman or Minor so I would like that move.

Also I'm sure some people on this board are interested in OLB Erin Henderson from Maryland who ranked 8th on Scott Wrights OLB board. I don't know why they selected Vobaro w/ Mr. Irrelevant but Henderson is worth a shot.

Another Ok St. Cowboy worth a look is WR Adarius Bowman. 6'4" massive hands, but was probably left undrafted because of his 4.67 40 time. Bowman was a playmaker at OSU and compares to Braylon Edwards according to nfl.com

In terms of smaller school prospects, my college of choice produced 2 undrafted free agents, Jabari Arthur (wr) and Davanzo (cb) out of the University of Akron. Arthur is a 6'4" converted QB who set almost every school recieving record last year despite being the only recieving threat and having rather terrible QB play. Again, a slow 40 time probably hurt him at 4.65. Still, Arthur was a man amongst boys in the MAC. He was also drafted 7th overall in the CFL draft (native of Quebec) and elected to stay for his senior season instead.

Tate, on the other hand, was able to produce a 4.35 40 time; he allowed just one touchdown reception in 30 starting assignments since joining the Zips as a transfer from West Virginia in 2003. 37 games at Akron, Tate started 30 contests at boundary cornerback, recording 168 tackles (114 solo) and 8.5 stops for losses of 23 yards...Recovered and caused a trio of fumbles and blocked two kicks...Deflected 36 passes and intercepted two others

Akron also produced 2006 Defensive MVP, Jason Taylor.

Other players that could make an impact:
    Ali Highsmith, OLB, L.S.U
    Tommy Blake, DE, T.C.U
    Pedro Sosa, OG, Rutgers
    J Leman, ILB, Illinois
    Paul Smith, QB, Tulsa