Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ludairv is offline Registered User

Re: Best value at top of 2nd may be at RB

im desperatly hoping ppl r scaredd off by bests' concussion and that he drops to the top of the 2nd......the most likely scenario is that all 3 spiller best and mathews are gone ...do u think its worth it io get Dwyer folks? dont know too much about him, is he a bruiser or elusive ....or both? also im guessing the rams are gunna try n get a dual threat guy so he has to be able to catch since the rams r runnin a WCO...

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Re: Best value at top of 2nd may be at RB

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    I'm starting to think that the Rams best option at pick 33 may be a RB. At this point, I think there is one certain first rounder among the RBs (C.J. Spiller) and one likely mid-to-late first rounder (Ryan Matthews).

The rest of the crop may very well still be there at pick 33. This includes Jahvid Best, Jonathan Dwyer, Toby Gerhart, Joe McNight, Montario Hardesty and Ben Tate.

Best and Dwyer definitely intrigue me. Best, who ran a 4.35 at the Combine, would give the Rams a home run threat to compliment Steven Jackson. Dwyer would give the Rams a backup workhorse who could carry the load if Jackson ever needs to sit a game or two.

From a need standpoint, there might be better options. However, from a BPA standpoint, RB could be the position to watch.
    Best is certainly a home run hitter but he has a history of health issues.
    Dwyer performed poorly at the combine and the offense he comes from usually doesn't project well in the NFL.

With that being said Hardesty intrigues me the most, he has all the skills that you look for in a RB, and many believe he can be a solid starter in this league due to the fact that he can "do it all". He would be a wonderful addition at the top of the 2nd round if we were to go with the BPA.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12