Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Big Ben trade for 1rst OA pick

The 2006 or 2008 Ben? Nah.
    The 2007 or 2009 Ben? Ew, maybe.

Ironically, he may be protected a little better in St. Louis than he was in Pittsburgh. But with nearly 250 sacks to his credit, is his body older than the 28 his birth certificate boasts?

"Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

The two first rounders for Big Ben idea seems far-fetched to me. I'd think they would be packaging him with their first for ours.

#39 Fan is offline Registered User

I don't think Ben will have any trade value at all after this is all said and done. Call it a hunch.

Damned Ramz is offline Registered User

I think this is all posturing by the steelers organization. Trading a wr is one thing, trading a franchise q is another. I may have to eat my words but I would be shocked if big ben was playing anywhere but pittsburgh next season.

The Special One is offline Registered User

I would be willing to give them our #33 (which is virtually a 1st round pick) straight up for Ben.

Yes, he has accumulated a lot of baggage, especially in the past two off-seasons, but there's no denying how great a talent he is. Not many QB's in history have had as good a 6-year start to their career, as Big Ben has (the highlight being 2 SB rings), and not to mention he is just entering his prime years -- Last year was a career year for him with 4300+ yards.

In STL he may even have superior protection and a deadly running game to compliment his ability to throw the football. Considering Holmes was dealt for a 5th, I would no way give up the 1st OVR for him or even a 1st in 2011/12. Anything from a 2nd round pick or less, and I think it may end up being one heck of a steal.

harrydog is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by LeBulger View Post
    I would be willing to give them our #33 (which is virtually a 1st round pick) straight up for Ben.
    That would never happen. The Steelers don't want to get rid of him that badly.

rammiser is offline Registered User

I have officiall changed my mind and would welcome Big Ben as in my post below.

Look the NFL is a business and everyone gets a second chance. If I am the Rams I am interested in basically trading Suh or Bradford for Big Ben right now. You get a proven NFL superstar qb instead of an unknown might be player. Bradford might be a bust,he might be average or he might be great. We already know what Ben is. Sure he allegedly groped a couple of chics but has not been convicted of anything. I'd love to see the Rams get Big Ben, but on one condition. We still get their 17th overall pick and their 3rd round pick as well. Is that asking a lot? Of course it is but the Steelers obviousley want to unload Ben so why should we just trade with them straight up. All of you guys are screaming for a great qb with great pocket awareness well Big Ben is exactly that. He takes a lot of sacks but he avoids a lot of sacks just like in the Superbowl vs Arizona. Big Ben is everything minus the off field stupidness the Rams need at qb. I'm sure after the latest scare he would clean up his act and become a huge star in St. Louis.

Sure a lot of people would hate this untill the Rams started winning. Winning makes people forget a lot of things. Little was forgiven for killing someone and when he was sacking the qb not too many people were saying he shouldnt be out there he killed someone. Now if he wasnt getting sacks maybe his worth wouldnt be such a big deal. The NFL is a business and while they want these guys to be model citizens it just will never be 100 percent that way. Big Ben has not killed anyone and no one knows for sure if the women are even being honest about anything and arent just money grubbers. I say if the Rams can get him and land the 17th and their 3rd it's a done deal. Those of you saying no I want Bradford are crazy and if Ben came to St. Louis after his suspension and the Rams start winning all will be forgotten and forgiven.
    Just Fix It

CanadianRamsFan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    I have officiall changed my mind and would welcome Big Ben as in my post below.

Look the NFL is a business and everyone gets a second chance. If I am the Rams I am interested in basically trading Suh or Bradford for Big Ben right now. You get a proven NFL superstar qb instead of an unknown might be player. Bradford might be a bust,he might be average or he might be great. We already know what Ben is. Sure he allegedly groped a couple of chics but has not been convicted of anything. I'd love to see the Rams get Big Ben, but on one condition. We still get their 17th overall pick and their 3rd round pick as well. Is that asking a lot? Of course it is but the Steelers obviousley want to unload Ben so why should we just trade with them straight up. All of you guys are screaming for a great qb with great pocket awareness well Big Ben is exactly that. He takes a lot of sacks but he avoids a lot of sacks just like in the Superbowl vs Arizona. Big Ben is everything minus the off field stupidness the Rams need at qb. I'm sure after the latest scare he would clean up his act and become a huge star in St. Louis.

Sure a lot of people would hate this untill the Rams started winning. Winning makes people forget a lot of things. Little was forgiven for killing someone and when he was sacking the qb not too many people were saying he shouldnt be out there he killed someone. Now if he wasnt getting sacks maybe his worth wouldnt be such a big deal. The NFL is a business and while they want these guys to be model citizens it just will never be 100 percent that way. Big Ben has not killed anyone and no one knows for sure if the women are even being honest about anything and arent just money grubbers. I say if the Rams can get him and land the 17th and their 3rd it's a done deal. Those of you saying no I want Bradford are crazy and if Ben came to St. Louis after his suspension and the Rams start winning all will be forgotten and forgiven.
    Yeah, i bet they were asking for it too

The guy is a creep and honestly i don't view him as being any help to our team, he does not fit our scheme he isn't accurate.

If the Rams traded for him, i would find it really hard to cheer for this team. Having a guy like that on a team is disgusting. Even if we were winning, some things are more important and having a rapist on the team is something i would not be able to condone as a fan

rammiser is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianRamsFan View Post
    Yeah, i bet they were asking for it too

The guy is a creep and honestly i don't view him as being any help to our team, he does not fit our scheme he isn't accurate.

If the Rams traded for him, i would find it really hard to cheer for this team. Having a guy like that on a team is disgusting. Even if we were winning, some things are more important and having a rapist on the team is something i would not be able to condone as a fan
    It's ok though that we had someone who basically murdered an innocent women on this team for the last ten years? I never said the women asked for anything. I said do we really know they werent just looking for an easy payday? Steven Jackson had some false allegations put against him what if it happens to him again? You think every groupy or women is perfectly innocent. Kobe Bryants was accused by that female from Colorado and turns out everything was consentual. Not all these females are innocent and where did it say Big Ben raped anyone? So you have had no problems rooting for the Rams with Leonard Little who killed someone but would find it hard to root for the Rams if Big Ben was our qb? I find that not only contradicting but as a holier than thou attitude. People were wanting Vick on this team and that guy tortured dogs. He didnt just kill them he tortured them to death. The NFL is about talent and Big Ben has it. Is what Ben allegedly did any worse than beating women up on regular basis. If so I cant see why so many Rams fans wanted Brandon Marshall because he's beaten women and assaulted cops. If the NFL allows these guys to continue playing I dont see any reason the Rams should not pursue Big Ben.

I didnt want Vick because I dont think he has talent left. I would have taken Vick if it was the Vick of old. If he had the explosiveness he used to have and could make huge plays I would have welcomed him back. Afterall none of us have quit rooting for the Rams since Little killed a wife and a mother years back but some now just will not have it if Big Ben who hasnt been convicted of anything was to come to the Rams. That to me doesnt make any sense what so ever.
    Just Fix It

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123