Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Big Draft Trade news!!

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Big Draft Trade news!!

Redskins expected to make move for No. 2 pick

According to NFL Network's Jason LaCanfora, league execs expect the Redskins to "make a move" for the Rams' No. 2 overall draft spot to select Robert Griffin III or Andrew Luck.

The 'Skins are expected to have competition from the Browns, and perhaps the Dolphins if they fail to land Matt Flynn free agency. Peyton Manning, who will likely be steering his own ship, won't find the depleted Redskins roster any more attractive than the prospect of facing his brother twice a year. In which case, nobody will be more desperate to land a young franchise QB by late April than Mike Shanahan.

What do you guys think about dropping to #6?

Nick_Weasel is offline Registered User

Re: Big Draft Trade news!!

Like (almost) everything else in this world, depends on the price. #6 is not a particularly attractive spot as far as I'm concerned, but it still guarantees us Claiborne or Trent Richardson.

I'm not a fan of drafting RB early, but passing on Richardson (if Kalil, Blackmon, Claiborne are gone) at that point would probably mean we go in the direction of say Riley Reiff or Jonathan Martin. Both of those project at RT, so we'd have to be comfortable with Saffold on the left side for this to occur. So this leads me to being comfortable at #6 if the Rams want Richardson, or if they are comfortable leaving Saffold to protect Sam's blindside.

Since #6 is an awkward spot for us, I'd want at least their #1 in 2013 and their 2nd and 4th this year, something like that. Otherwise I'd much rather move back to #4.

And hey, if there's a team in the league that's willing to trade away draft picks, it's the Washington Redskins.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

If this happens, 4 of the 5 spots ahead of us will go as follows:
    1. Colts - Luck
    2. Skins - RG3
    3. Vikes - Kalil
    4. Browns - ???
    5. Bucs - Claiborne

So it comes down to what will Browns do?
    THOLTFAN81 and FestusRam like this.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

RuffRams is offline Registered User

I would think they would certainly take blackmon then.

Wow, it would be so awesome though if we can get Skins 2013-1, 2012-2, 2012-4 and STILL get blackmon

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

Jason LaCanfora: Skins will make a play for the 2

Per rotoworld:

According to NFL Network's Jason LaCanfora, league execs expect the Redskins to "make a move" for the Rams' No. 2 overall draft spot to select Robert Griffin III or Andrew Luck.

The 'Skins are expected to have competition from the Browns, and perhaps the Dolphins if they fail to land Matt Flynn free agency. Peyton Manning, who will likely be steering his own ship, won't find the depleted Redskins roster any more attractive than the prospect of facing his brother twice a year. In which case, nobody will be more desperate to land a young franchise QB by late April than Mike Shanahan.
    Keep the suitors coming. The way I see it, we are in the drivers seat, and it is just a matter of who gives us the sweetest price.

Shurmer and co have to realize that RGIII is a must. They'd be crazy not to use their two assets to acquire a franchise qb...otherwise this time next year Shurmer will be looking for a job, and those two first rounders they drafted will just be getting developed by someone else.

bcrox123 is offline Registered User

we should trade our pick to washington for MORE picks and PRY no one grabs blackmon and get blackmon at 6 and use our other picks on other holes like olineman and cbs.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

I don't know if this is big news; it essentially says some people in the league agree with what fans have been thinking for a while and think the Redskins will want to move up. Whether it happens or not is a long while off and remains to be seen. Still, I think it serves to reemphasize that Washington is going to be one of the teams the Rams shouldn't be surprised to hear from on draft day.

Some people here are too obsessed with Blackmon...There is basically a WR of Blackmon's caliber in almost every single draft. He's not a cant miss prospect. If we can slide to #6 and get offered something like 1st round, 2nd round, 4th round, and 1st round next year, we'd be moronic not to take it. That would be the beginning of something great.

We'd have so many options at that pick. Anything from TRICH (hes nasty!!!), Martin, Reiff, Brockers, Coples (no need), and many many more.

There is a ton of great prospects available. I'd love to trade back, but if we cant, I'd be happy to stay put and take Blackmon.

xkidflowx is offline Registered User

Browns 4th And 22nd > over skins offer...
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by xkidflowx View Post
    Browns 4th And 22nd > over skins offer...
    And when did the Browns offer this? Obviously it'd be a better offer, but people are assuming like its nothing when saying the Browns will give that up.
    HUbison likes this.

xkidflowx is offline Registered User

idk heard it from people on this site. plus browns 4th spot and a 2nd or 3rd > still redskins offer

Rambos is offline Registered User

Yeah I agree with Nick not big news... what bothers me is the rumors the Peyton may end up with AZ or the Hags... now that would sux.

As far as the trade I think we will get a huge offer to move back. Lets hope RGIII stock rises during the combine!
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    And when did the Browns offer this? Obviously it'd be a better offer, but people are assuming like its nothing when saying the Browns will give that up.
    Unless I've missed some actual news, the Redskins haven't offered that package you conjured up just a few posts ago either. It's all completely hypothetical, because the only thing being reported here is that they're expected to make a play.

I see nothing wrong with someone saying they'd prefer one hypothetical over another.
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

Rammed is offline Registered User

I would like, in this scenario, to trade back again with some team who wants Trent Richardson if he's still there. Maybe the Bengals. I would love to stockpile picks.
    HUbison and THOLTFAN81 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Unless I've missed some actual news, the Redskins haven't offered that package you conjured up just a few posts ago either. It's all completely hypothetical, because the only thing being reported here is that they're expected to make a play.

I see nothing wrong with someone saying they'd prefer one hypothetical over another.
    I never said they did offer us something...When it comes to being hypothetical I'd obviously rather have their deal, but no-one said they'd offer first of all, and second no-one said they'd give us that incredible offer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast