21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 14.29%
  • No

18 85.71%
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Vinnie25
  • 1 Post By HUbison

Thread: BIG hypothetical move part two. Would you be for it?

Rambos is offline Registered User

BIG hypothetical move part two. Would you be for it?

This move involves Steven Jackson. The Falcons have to make a lot of decision this off-season and one of those includes bringing back Steven Jackson.
    If they donít bring him back would you want him back on a one-year deal at league minimum?

SJ has had his worst year ever looking at his numbers and his 1000-yard streak is over. Iím sure he does not want to go out this way.

He would have to agree to back up Stacy and be more of a role player. He could have a role on this team, contribute and have a possible shot at the playoffs. He could get to have a proper good bye to his fan base. He could be a leader on a young team. A lot of good things, so would you be for it?

Haste is offline Registered User

Re: BIG hypothetical move part two. Would you be for it?

If he doesn't get any offers from Superbowl contenders and is wanting to play his last year as a Ram, then sure. I feel he could mentor our rbs more, especially Stacy.

That said, i'm not sure I would want him as a backup. I want to see Benny develop in that role.

Would be awesome if SJ39 came back as a RB coach or RB assistant coach.

Vinnie25 is offline Registered User

Would love to see him sign a one-day contract and then retire a Ram, anything beyond that would cut into the playing times of Stacy, Cunningham, and D Rich.
    mde8352gorams likes this.

Randart is offline Registered User

Agree with you guys and your comments, think the boat has sailed on this idea and doubt he would come back even if it was offered for league minimum and as a back up. He signed with Atlanta cause he was to be the feature back in their offense and not for league minimum. That is the facts as I understand them, also I still think we could use another back in the draft coming up just not too early probably 3rd round or later hopefully a bigger guy than we have now, would be good to balance the guys with a back like that. Maybe if we trade down on one of our 1st rounders to get additional picks it opens the door for this...
    Last edited by Randart; -12-19-2013 at 02:07 PM.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Since coming back from his injury, he's averaged 52 yards per game. Not his typical standard, but I'm sure in his mind, it's enough to convince himself that he still has 1 or 2 thousand yard seasons left in him. He's the active career rushing leader (AP is 500 behind, Gore is 700 behind, Magahee is 2,100 behind), and I'm sure he wants to stay that way as long as possible. If he can get another 1000 yards, he moves from 23rd all time to 16th. Another 1000 yards on top of that gives him 12,583, which puts him at 9th all time. That's moves him ahead of Marshall Faulk (probably a personal goal) and Jim Brown (I would assume that's a goal for every NFL RB).

I'm not saying he's gonna do these things, but I bet he thinks he can and will. Knowing that, I can't see him looking to come back to the Rams for a swan song.
    Randart likes this.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

bruce4life is offline Registered User

I think you will see SJ39 bounce around the league for the next 2-3 seasons ala Terry Allan accumulating yardage as the contending teams already have viable options.

macrammer is offline Registered User

No....We have moved on. SJ has nothing left to give the Rams.

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

Sorry, this makes no sense. He was great while he was here and we benefited from his achievements, but we have moved on and so has he. We will gladly sign him to the one-day contract at the appropriate time. I wish him nothing but good luck wherever he goes, although I think he stays in Atlanta for 1 more year.

Go Rams!

P.S. - I cannot totally forgive him, without the touchdown he scored against us we may have won the Atlanta game.