Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Blackmon "like Dez Bryant with all of his brain cells"

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

Blackmon "like Dez Bryant with all of his brain cells"

Moon: Blackmon is 'like Dez Bryant with all of his brain cells'

The comparisons between the two wideouts were inevitable.
    Both starred at Oklahoma State. Both were considered among the best receivers in college football. And both decided to forgo their final season in school to apply to enter the NFL draft.
    Playoff & Super Bowl XLVI Picks
    Seven NFL.com and NFL Network analysts share predictions for the postseason and who will hoist the Lombardi Trophy. More ...

So is Justin Blackmon, whom NFL.com's Bucky Brooks has rated as the top wideout in college football, Dez Bryant 2.0? In an interview with KIRO-AM, Hall of Fame quarterback Warren Moon said he sees similarities between Blackmon, who announced his intention to apply for entry into the draft last month, and the Cowboys wideout.
    "He's a beast, isn't he?" Moon said this week, via The Dallas Morning News. "He's like Dez Bryant with all of his brain cells," Moon said. "He's a guy that has all those skills that Dez Bryant has but he's not the knucklehead that Dez Bryant has turned out to be with Dallas. And a much better route runner than Dez Bryant is, but a very tremendous talent."
    Bryant has 15 touchdown receptions in two seasons, but he battled injuries en route to just 45 catches for 561 yards with six scores this season. Bryant also has been involved in multiple lawsuits in which he was accused of not paying for jewelry he had ordered and for failing to repay the full amount of a loan.
    "I think certainly Dez is everything that we had hoped he would be as a player and he knew and we knew that he had some off-the-field challenges that were not of substance nature, which is big-time important, but was more maturity," Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said, via The News. "He hasn't disappointed in terms of how we evaluate him but he has certainly made improvement in those areas."

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

Re: Blackmon "like Dez Bryant with all of his brain cells"

Well, Warren Moon was right about Cam. So lets hope he is right about Blackmon

mcpeepants232003 is offline Registered User

Blackmon is a stud. Imo he's even better than Bryant because he's not injury plagued, is a better route runner and not an idiot(lols yes they just said all these things). He also goes up and gets the ball better. I really hope if we stick at 2 he is the pick.

We can get a tackle at #2 or give Smith and Saffold one more chance.

39WillRunYaOva is offline Registered User

Take blackmon and give smith and saffold one more chance not to mention MCD will be gone so no more 7 step dropbacks it will be a more moderate WCO based so o line wont have to block for minutes at a time lol.
    Last edited by 39WillRunYaOva; -01-07-2012 at 09:40 PM.

Sammy Ocho Bradford is offline Registered User

Blackmon and Bryant may both be physical receivers, but it seems to be Blackmon has a bigger frame.

It could be an inaccurate assessment, but thats what I noticed, especially since all I've heard is that they are the same height/weight.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

The departure of McDaniels suggests the Rams will be without Brandon Lloyd and the seven-step deep drops that gave the Rams' young left tackle issues this year.

Saffold's regression could be a one-year hiccup following a solid rookie campaign. It's entirely possible he gets back on track under a new regime with a different scheme and full offseason. Meanwhile, the Rams have needed a stud starting receiver for at least three years now, and the closest thing they have to one looks like he's leaving in free agency.

While Kalil is a great prospect and could carry a slightly higher grade when it's all said and done, I suspect the team's need at WR will elevate Blackmon - still a Top Five prospect in his own right, IMO - into the frontrunner's position for the Rams' pick.
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

FestusRam is offline Registered User

"Blackmon like Bryant with all of his brain cells" gives me goosebumps.

Bryants brain is the only reason hes not on the level of MegaTron.
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

LionsGuy is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by mcpeepants232003 View Post
    Blackmon is a stud. Imo he's even better than Bryant because he's not injury plagued, is a better route runner and not an idiot(lols yes they just said all these things). He also goes up and gets the ball better. I really hope if we stick at 2 he is the pick.

In the situation between Kalil and Blackmon, you can almost think of what will have a better chance of being an upgrade, which should clearly be Blackmon.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by FestusRam View Post
    "Blackmon like Bryant with all of his brain cells" gives me goosebumps.

Bryants brain is the only reason hes not on the level of MegaTron.
    Not even close. Skill wise there is players that are on Megatrons level, but his height and speed and pure athleticism dont come close to any WR in the NFL. 6'5, runs a 4.3, and 38+ inch vert?
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

richtree is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by mcpeepants232003 View Post

There is no doubt Blackmon is a stud. A lot of people here don't understand that if we had a good offensive line, we would be talking about Saffold being a huge weak spot and let down that needs to be addressed.

BUT since our line is so bad, we make it seem like Saffold is fine, and Smith isn't that bad.

I think it is safe to say that last season's offensive scheme and skill players had no chance each and every game because of the line.

IF YOU WANT BLACKMON YOU HAVE TO GET LEGIT OFFENSIVE LINEMEN IN FREE AGENCY FIRST....

if not it is hard to take him come draft day....with that said we still may be drafting a center in Round 2.....and probably a Guard in round 5 or 6....

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by LionsGuy View Post
    In the situation between Kalil and Blackmon, you can almost think of what will have a better chance of being an upgrade, which should clearly be Blackmon.
    Finally! A fan of a different team with an understanding of our O-line situation! Some people don't realize that Kalil isn't much of an upgrade compared to Blackmon. Our LT, Saffold still has lots of potential with his athleticism and people seem like he's already a lost cause at LT after 1 hiccup season.
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

richtree is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy Ocho Bradford View Post
    Blackmon and Bryant may both be physical receivers, but it seems to be Blackmon has a bigger frame.

It could be an inaccurate assessment, but thats what I noticed, especially since all I've heard is that they are the same height/weight.
    I TOTALLY DISAGREE...DEZ BRYANT IS MUCH MORE OF A PHYSICAL FREAK THAT BLACKMON....BRYANT benches over 415 lbs...and is in the mold of a #1 WR where Blackmon's strength can be questioned.

Blackmon can fly on the field, as has long limbs...but I actually think he will have a tougher time transitioning to the NFL because he will need some time to learn and develop..

FestusRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Not even close. Skill wise there is players that are on Megatrons level, but his height and speed and pure athleticism dont come close to any WR in the NFL. 6'5, runs a 4.3, and 38+ inch vert?
    Dez Bryant may not have his height or speed, but the dudes a beast.

Makes circus catches and throws d-backs to the turf all day after the catch.

While he may never be at Megatrons level, I think he wouldnt be far behind at all if he refined his craft.
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

cfh128 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by richtree View Post
    I TOTALLY DISAGREE...DEZ BRYANT IS MUCH MORE OF A PHYSICAL FREAK THAT BLACKMON....BRYANT benches over 415 lbs...and is in the mold of a #1 WR where Blackmon's strength can be questioned.

Blackmon can fly on the field, as has long limbs...but I actually think he will have a tougher time transitioning to the NFL because he will need some time to learn and develop..
    And as we all know, nothing says "beast wide receiver" quite like an impressive bench press

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by FestusRam View Post
    Dez Bryant may not have his height or speed, but the dudes a beast.

Makes circus catches and throws d-backs to the turf all day after the catch.

While he may never be at Megatrons level, I think he wouldnt be far behind at all if he refined his craft.
    Overrated to say the least. He has done nothing in the NFL yet. I have yet to see "him throw defenders to the turf". Theres nothing special about him. There are tons of other WR's that are as big and good as him.

Megatron is an animal. Hes the one whos actually throwing players to the turf. The guys got a disgusting stiff arm, 4.3 speed, and is 6.5. Theres not a WR better than him in the NFL. Not one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast