Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 46
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Bowe should be St. Louis's #1 Target this off-season

  1. #16
    CRAZYHORNS's Avatar
    CRAZYHORNS is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Maryland near DC
    Age
    47
    Posts
    633
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: Bowe should be St. Louis's #1 Target this off-season

    I believe Jennings and Bowe are too high risk. They've been injured and showed inconsistency in the last couple of years. Wallace will cost too much.

    I just do not believe these guys will be a positive option for the Rams going forward. I believe the Rams need to invest in Lineman to help the run game especially on the Left side. If the Rams can Run the ball next year I have faith the current WR will continue to develop and do not need an overpayed/overated/injured/case of the droppies WR to improve this unit.

    Go Rams


  2. #17
    RamBamThankYouMam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    143
    Rep Power
    6

    Re: Bowe should be St. Louis's #1 Target this off-season

    Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYHORNS View Post
    I believe Jennings and Bowe are too high risk. They've been injured and showed inconsistency in the last couple of years. Wallace will cost too much.

    I just do not believe these guys will be a positive option for the Rams going forward. I believe the Rams need to invest in Lineman to help the run game especially on the Left side. If the Rams can Run the ball next year I have faith the current WR will continue to develop and do not need an overpayed/overated/injured/case of the droppies WR to improve this unit.

    Go Rams
    So are you an advocate of resigning Danny Amendola? If you are in the camp to resign Amendola then I am confused by your logic. Amendola has missed like 17 games in his 4 year career, while Bowe has missed 8 games in his 6 year career. If Bowe is high risk then Amendola is scary risky. I understand Bowe has some undesirable attributes but none that I would consider high risk. Yes, he drops some passes but so does every single current WR on the Rams.

    Bowe is not overrated in the least. He has had Cassel, Quinn, Palko, Thigpen, Croyle, and Huard throwing to him over the last 6 years. Not exactly guys that are setting the world on fire in terms of QBs. I am not suggesting he is a top 10 WR, but to suggest he is overrated seems a little harsh to me. Adding Bowe to the current crop of WRs would not only give Bradford another weapon, but would make every WR on the team that much better.

    I do agree with your point that adding O-lineman is the smartest option to make this offense better. It will improve every facet of the Rams offense. However, if the Rams could afford to add Bowe I would be just as much of an advocate for this move as well.
    Vinnie25 likes this.

  3. #18
    richtree's Avatar
    richtree is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    2,122
    Rep Power
    17

    Re: Bowe should be St. Louis's #1 Target this off-season

    Word is Kenny Britt wants to play for the Rams. With only 1 year left on his deal, the Titans are considering shopping him for a 1st round pick ...

    We should have interest in Bowe, Britt, and others....too many options right now., lol

  4. #19
    mcpeepants232003's Avatar
    mcpeepants232003 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    741
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: Bowe should be St. Louis's #1 Target this off-season

    Quote Originally Posted by richtree View Post
    Word is Kenny Britt wants to play for the Rams. With only 1 year left on his deal, the Titans are considering shopping him for a 1st round pick ...

    We should have interest in Bowe, Britt, and others....too many options right now., lol
    why would anyone give up a first rounder for Britt? He didn't even break 600 yards this year and the knee he tore his acl in troubled him the entire year.

    Why anyone would trade for him with Bowe, Wallace and Jennings FA's and a draft class filled with talented wide receivers, i don't know.
    ManofGod and ZiaRam like this.

  5. #20
    CRAZYHORNS's Avatar
    CRAZYHORNS is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Maryland near DC
    Age
    47
    Posts
    633
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: Bowe should be St. Louis's #1 Target this off-season

    Quote Originally Posted by RamBamThankYouMam View Post
    So are you an advocate of resigning Danny Amendola? If you are in the camp to resign Amendola then I am confused by your logic. Amendola has missed like 17 games in his 4 year career, while Bowe has missed 8 games in his 6 year career. If Bowe is high risk then Amendola is scary risky. I understand Bowe has some undesirable attributes but none that I would consider high risk. Yes, he drops some passes but so does every single current WR on the Rams.

    Bowe is not overrated in the least. He has had Cassel, Quinn, Palko, Thigpen, Croyle, and Huard throwing to him over the last 6 years. Not exactly guys that are setting the world on fire in terms of QBs. I am not suggesting he is a top 10 WR, but to suggest he is overrated seems a little harsh to me. Adding Bowe to the current crop of WRs would not only give Bradford another weapon, but would make every WR on the team that much better.

    I do agree with your point that adding O-lineman is the smartest option to make this offense better. It will improve every facet of the Rams offense. However, if the Rams could afford to add Bowe I would be just as much of an advocate for this move as well.
    I am an advocate for signing Danny but with many conditions and reasons that you fail too mention. However, with Danny the risk is the injury factor. The Rams know exactly what you get in Danny. Inregards with Mr. Bowe you do not? He drops way too many balls. I've been watching Bowe for many years and I do feel he is overated. Sure Mr. Cassel is not the best QB in the league but what has killed him is ball security ie... INT's and Fumbles not distrubiting balls down the field. IF you look at his stats since becoming a Chief you will see when healthy they have been respectful so I am not buying the poor QB excuse.

    To me HIGH RISK is paying big dollar for a player who's play is inconsistent. Your assumption that Bowe will make other current Rams WR better is confusing to me since I have not seen any evidence of that on the Chiefs roster?

  6. #21
    mcpeepants232003's Avatar
    mcpeepants232003 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    741
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: Bowe should be St. Louis's #1 Target this off-season

    Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYHORNS View Post
    I am an advocate for signing Danny but with many conditions and reasons that you fail too mention. However, with Danny the risk is the injury factor. The Rams know exactly what you get in Danny. Inregards with Mr. Bowe you do not? He drops way too many balls. I've been watching Bowe for many years and I do feel he is overated. Sure Mr. Cassel is not the best QB in the league but what has killed him is ball security ie... INT's and Fumbles not distrubiting balls down the field. IF you look at his stats since becoming a Chief you will see when healthy they have been respectful so I am not buying the poor QB excuse.

    To me HIGH RISK is paying big dollar for a player who's play is inconsistent. Your assumption that Bowe will make other current Rams WR better is confusing to me since I have not seen any evidence of that on the Chiefs roster?
    It's amazing how you constantly tear down Wallace and Bowe yet want us to resign Danny.

  7. #22
    AvengerRam's Avatar
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Longwood, Florida, United States
    Age
    46
    Posts
    18,494
    Rep Power
    167
    Bowe has put up No. 1 WR #s throughout his career with mediocre QBs. I think he'd look great in a Ram uniform.

  8. #23
    RamBamThankYouMam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    143
    Rep Power
    6

    Re: Bowe should be St. Louis's #1 Target this off-season

    Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYHORNS View Post
    I am an advocate for signing Danny but with many conditions and reasons that you fail too mention. However, with Danny the risk is the injury factor. The Rams know exactly what you get in Danny. Inregards with Mr. Bowe you do not? He drops way too many balls. I've been watching Bowe for many years and I do feel he is overated. Sure Mr. Cassel is not the best QB in the league but what has killed him is ball security ie... INT's and Fumbles not distrubiting balls down the field. IF you look at his stats since becoming a Chief you will see when healthy they have been respectful so I am not buying the poor QB excuse.

    To me HIGH RISK is paying big dollar for a player who's play is inconsistent. Your assumption that Bowe will make other current Rams WR better is confusing to me since I have not seen any evidence of that on the Chiefs roster?
    You are right, I didn't mention any reasons or conditions because you yourself haven't said a peep about it in this very thread. So you know exactly what you are getting with Amendola even though you don't know if he will even be on the field? That point is very confusing to me seeing how Bowe has been very healthy and has pretty much averaged 1,000 yards a season over his career. Bowe wasn't even in the top 20 in the NFL this year in dropped passes. You know which receivers were though? Jimmy Graham, Victor Cruz, Calvin Johnson, Dez Bryant, and Brandon Marshall. Yet, I would take any one of those WRs any day of the week.

    And since I DID look at Cassel's stats I can see clear as day he had one good year with the Chiefs and the rest have been anything but good. Throwing alot of INT's says that he makes poor decisions when throwing the ball which would negatively affect Bowe's numbers. And the reason you haven't seen any evidence of Bowe making other receivers on the Chiefs roster better is because you have nothing to base that off of because Bowe is on the team. The only way that could be proven if is you took Bowe's career on the Chiefs and then took those same six years without Bowe on the Chiefs. The fact is Bowe has put up very respectable numbers on a Chiefs teams with 8 different QBs throwing to him. You acknowledge yourself that Cassel's numbers are consistent when he is healthy, but then you expect Bowe to be consistent without consistent QB play. That makes so little sense to me.

  9. #24
    ludairv's Avatar
    ludairv is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    277
    Rep Power
    6

    Re: Bowe should be St. Louis's #1 Target this off-season

    Quote Originally Posted by RamBamThankYouMam View Post
    You are right, I didn't mention any reasons or conditions because you yourself haven't said a peep about it in this very thread. So you know exactly what you are getting with Amendola even though you don't know if he will even be on the field? That point is very confusing to me seeing how Bowe has been very healthy and has pretty much averaged 1,000 yards a season over his career. Bowe wasn't even in the top 20 in the NFL this year in dropped passes. You know which receivers were though? Jimmy Graham, Victor Cruz, Calvin Johnson, Dez Bryant, and Brandon Marshall. Yet, I would take any one of those WRs any day of the week.

    And since I DID look at Cassel's stats I can see clear as day he had one good year with the Chiefs and the rest have been anything but good. Throwing alot of INT's says that he makes poor decisions when throwing the ball which would negatively affect Bowe's numbers. And the reason you haven't seen any evidence of Bowe making other receivers on the Chiefs roster better is because you have nothing to base that off of because Bowe is on the team. The only way that could be proven if is you took Bowe's career on the Chiefs and then took those same six years without Bowe on the Chiefs. The fact is Bowe has put up very respectable numbers on a Chiefs teams with 8 different QBs throwing to him. You acknowledge yourself that Cassel's numbers are consistent when he is healthy, but then you expect Bowe to be consistent without consistent QB play. That makes so little sense to me.
    who caresssssss he wont ever bee a rammm becuz of our cap. lets put this thread to rest...

  10. #25
    a.p.quinn is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    OR
    Posts
    73
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: Bowe should be St. Louis's #1 Target this off-season

    Greg Jennings should be higher on the list than Bowe. He's less than a year older, that's not a huge difference even in NFL years.

  11. #26
    RamBamThankYouMam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    143
    Rep Power
    6

    Re: Bowe should be St. Louis's #1 Target this off-season

    Quote Originally Posted by ludairv View Post
    who caresssssss he wont ever bee a rammm becuz of our cap. lets put this thread to rest...
    If you don't care then don't respond to any of the posts. I am responding to the fact that Crazyhorns said Bowe was overrated. I already acknowledged earlier in this thread that the Rams most likely do not have the cap space to sign Bowe, but that doesn't mean that it can not be discussed. This forum exists so people can discuss the Rams. Why do people post mock drafts? It is because people like discussing football. No one is ever going to have a perfect mock draft so who cares? People who like talking about their team no matter how realistic the conversation is.

  12. #27
    AvengerRam's Avatar
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Longwood, Florida, United States
    Age
    46
    Posts
    18,494
    Rep Power
    167

    Re: Bowe should be St. Louis's #1 Target this off-season

    Quote Originally Posted by ludairv View Post
    who caresssssss he wont ever bee a rammm becuz of our cap. lets put this thread to rest...
    I'd take a "never say never" attitude with this type of issue. If the Rams (or any team) really want a player, there are always ways to move money around.

    A lot of them are even legal.
    ZiaRam likes this.

  13. #28
    CRAZYHORNS's Avatar
    CRAZYHORNS is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Maryland near DC
    Age
    47
    Posts
    633
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: Bowe should be St. Louis's #1 Target this off-season

    Quote Originally Posted by RamBamThankYouMam View Post
    You are right, I didn't mention any reasons or conditions because you yourself haven't said a peep about it in this very thread. So you know exactly what you are getting with Amendola even though you don't know if he will even be on the field? That point is very confusing to me seeing how Bowe has been very healthy and has pretty much averaged 1,000 yards a season over his career. Bowe wasn't even in the top 20 in the NFL this year in dropped passes. You know which receivers were though? Jimmy Graham, Victor Cruz, Calvin Johnson, Dez Bryant, and Brandon Marshall. Yet, I would take any one of those WRs any day of the week.

    And since I DID look at Cassel's stats I can see clear as day he had one good year with the Chiefs and the rest have been anything but good. Throwing alot of INT's says that he makes poor decisions when throwing the ball which would negatively affect Bowe's numbers. And the reason you haven't seen any evidence of Bowe making other receivers on the Chiefs roster better is because you have nothing to base that off of because Bowe is on the team. The only way that could be proven if is you took Bowe's career on the Chiefs and then took those same six years without Bowe on the Chiefs. The fact is Bowe has put up very respectable numbers on a Chiefs teams with 8 different QBs throwing to him. You acknowledge yourself that Cassel's numbers are consistent when he is healthy, but then you expect Bowe to be consistent without consistent QB play. That makes so little sense to me.
    I really do not want to get off topic but I do not think it's fair to compare Cassel to Quinn, Huard and etc....

    Cassel is No Where CLOSE to being a HOA quarterback. However, to lump him in the class of Quinn and Huard is unfair.

    Cassel major flaw and reason he is not starting in the NFL is his high turnovers and decision making.

    2012 Started 9 Games 12 INT 9 FUM 1796 yds
    2011 Started 9 Games 9 INT 5 FUM 1713 yds
    2010 Started 15 Games 7 INT 3 FUM 3116 yds
    2009 Started 15 Games 16 INT 4 FUM 2924 yds

    Cassel averages a respectable 200 passing yards per game.

    My point was that since Cassel average a respectable 200 yards passing per game it would be reasonable to assume Bowe could put up decent numbers on a consistent basis.

    Regarding the drops is that base on total drops or percentage and is it for 2013. I would like to see those numbers.

    Go Rams

  14. #29
    ZiaRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Las Cruces, New Mexico, United States
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,530
    Rep Power
    20

    Re: Bowe should be St. Louis's #1 Target this off-season

    Quote Originally Posted by Tampa_Ram View Post
    I disagree with your first point(how is this possible? disagreeing twice in one day? is this the apocalypse?)
    Bowe might of had a down year, but Jennings was injured for almost the entire year and is older, which i would assume would make him a cheaper target then Bowe or Wallace. I see it as Jennings being the cheapest, Bowe next, then Wallace asking for the highest price.

    I do agree though a new environment might be needed for him and might help motivate him, especially on a team where he would be the clear #1.
    I would think Jennings would command a little less but think Bowe would be a great blend of everything considered for us at this point and time.

    Quote Originally Posted by ludairv View Post
    LOL this is impossible we cant sign anyone major with only 10mil cap room space and still we need to resign some of our UFA's. Boy and you thought drafting two safties was dumb? lol please check Bernie Miklasz interview podcast (101espn) with Kevin Demoff, and his break down of our cap situation ( Jan.3rd) , our cap situtaion rules out any of those kind of acquisitions The interview would really enlighten everyone on this board...
    Quote Originally Posted by mde8352gorams View Post
    Unaffordable. So its a moot point to debate his skills set. Even if we restructure and cut players it won't provide the money needed to sign Bowe. Thanks Rambos for the common sense.

    Go Rams!
    Quote Originally Posted by ludairv View Post
    who caresssssss he wont ever bee a rammm becuz of our cap. lets put this thread to rest...
    If that WR in FA is out there Kevin Demoff said he can work with our roster/sign on bonuses so we can get a player like that. Alot better since it's coming out the horses mouth itself right? All that really means anything is if Snead/Fisher thinks Bowe or some other WR would be worth going after we can. Everything considered all this article was created for is I kinda wanted to see if anybody thought of the same things I did or had maybe other things they seen/thought of as Rams fans.

  15. #30
    Vinnie25's Avatar
    Vinnie25 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    824
    Rep Power
    4

    Re: Bowe should be St. Louis's #1 Target this off-season

    If you don't want the Rams to slightly overpay for a bonafide #1 receiver (such as a Bowe, Jennings, or Wallace), then in the future posts you should lose your right to complain that Sam doesn't have anybody good to throw too lol. If your a great WR in the NFL, your either overpaid or still under your rookie salary and will eventually get overpaid. Larry Fitzgerald, Calvin Johnson, Brandon Marshall, Andre Johnson, Reggie Wayne, Roddy White, Vincent Jackson... all with huge contracts but would instantly make the Rams a very dangerous team offensively.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Report: Dwayne Bowe wants out of KC "BADLY"
    By sosa39rams in forum DRAFT & FA
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: -10-28-2012, 05:38 PM
  2. Dwayne Bowe to Rams Talks?
    By sosa39rams in forum DRAFT & FA
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: -10-17-2012, 11:02 PM
  3. Replies: 8
    Last Post: -04-27-2012, 05:13 PM
  4. Smith Seems Right On Target
    By r8rh8rmike in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: -09-07-2009, 03:44 AM
  5. Which FA DE would you target?
    By AvengerRam in forum DRAFT & FA
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: -02-18-2007, 10:47 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •