Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RockinRam is offline Registered User

Re: Bradford Fans, Convince Me!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Optimistic Lamb View Post
    I want to root for Sam Bradford. I really do. I read so many good things about the kid, but I can't get over his durability issue. Some people believe it was a freak injury, but Bradford had injured his arm before this in a similar fashion. Bradford doesn't take a lot of hits or sacks, so why so many injuries? I can't justify putting a vulnerable QB behind the Rams O-line. He will get hit 4 times as often, and get hit 100x harder. Taking into account his history, and what he will have to endure on the Rams, Bradford doesn't seem to be a fit for us.

Say what you want about Tebow's mechanics or Clausen's attitude, at least they are use to pressure and can take a hit.

At this point, I don't think what anyone will say will convince you...

At this late of the game, you're either with Suh, with Bradford, or someone else.

But, maybe his Pro Day might influence your mind a little bit.

unorthodox1999 is offline Registered User

I dont really think you can be "convinced". Like some said in earlier posts, if one or the other isnt already definitely the guy your rooting for, what can possibly change your mind this close to the draft? Even if he walks on water during his pro day, some will say he was lucky for not falling into it because he would have collapsed a lung if he inhaled some water..

Imo, the injury isnt what i would call over-rated, but not something you want to base your opinion off of when it comes to the player..

Regardless of how much i'd love for Suh to terrorize qbs on our line, im ready to not only accept, but SUPPORT Bradford should the Rams sign him..

BrokenWing is offline Registered User

Not long ago I had happily looked forward to a new QB and the removal of Bulger for the simple fact we could stop hearing people harp on the poor guy.

Now I'm starting to think that happy moment will never arrive. I'm starting to think that from day one if we draft Bradford the harping will look identical (maybe with an occasional..."if we had only drafted Suh" comment tossed in) but simply involve a different last name.
    Last edited by BrokenWing; -03-29-2010 at 12:14 AM.

Flippin' Ram is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenWing View Post
    No long ago I had happily looked forward to a new QB and the removal of Bulger for the simple fact we could stop hearing people harp on the poor guy.

Now I'm starting to think that happy moment will never arrive. I'm starting to think that from day one if we draft Bradford the harping will look identical (maybe with an occasional..."if we had only drafted Suh" comment tossed in) but simply involve a different last name.
    Less than a decade ago, Kurt Warner was in the same spot with Bulger being cheered upon and a few years later, we got some serious ass-whooping from him. Some fans really never learn about the cycle they're making...

Sooner Showtime is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by The Optimistic Lamb View Post
    I want to root for Sam Bradford. I really do. I read so many good things about the kid, but I can't get over his durability issue. Some people believe it was a freak injury, but Bradford had injured his arm before this in a similar fashion. Bradford doesn't take a lot of hits or sacks, so why so many injuries? I can't justify putting a vulnerable QB behind the Rams O-line. He will get hit 4 times as often, and get hit 100x harder. Taking into account his history, and what he will have to endure on the Rams, Bradford doesn't seem to be a fit for us.

Say what you want about Tebow's mechanics or Clausen's attitude, at least they are use to pressure and can take a hit.
    Let me address the injury real quick.

Sam's sprained his AC joint and tried to come back after the swelling and pain went away, avoiding surgery (which is common with this type of injury). However, he re-aggravated the shoulder injury in the Texas game a few weeks later, and it was decided that he needed to go ahead and have the surgery.

So to say he injured his arm again in similar fashion is not quite correct. This was an existing injury that needed surgery after all, not two separate shoulder issues.

That is all I wanted to say.

TakeSuh is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Dominating D View Post
    Won't fit? A very accurate QB who makes good decision quick is not a good fit for the WCO then what is?

Go Rams
    suh at qb, wonders would happen and imagination land will break loose

The Optimistic Lamb is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner Showtime View Post
    Let me address the injury real quick.

Sam's sprained his AC joint and tried to come back after the swelling and pain went away, avoiding surgery (which is common with this type of injury). However, he re-aggravated the shoulder injury in the Texas game a few weeks later, and it was decided that he needed to go ahead and have the surgery.

So to say he injured his arm again in similar fashion is not quite correct. This was an existing injury that needed surgery after all, not two separate shoulder issues.

That is all I wanted to say.
    This would be the piece of information I was looking for. I was concerned this was a pattern of multiple injuries, unbeknownst to me it was the same injury.

Now I hope Nick kills this thread. Too many idiots and bull **** comments.

rob6465 is offline Registered User

Suh, McCoy, Clausen, etc could get hurt in their 1st five games. In 2005 Suh had knee surgery and is presently fine. I like Bradford and i was a BIG suh supporter from beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Bralidore(RAMMODE) View Post
    i laughed out loud when i read this...

Freak accidents happen all the time and whether you decide to believe it is or isn't doesn't matter. Clausen actually did get hurt and it was his toe. Does that mean he has weak toes? probably not, could have happened when he tripped over a pebble on the sidewalk or bent it awkwardly. People get hurt all the time and its a flip of a coin whether or not it happens to you..

you slip on a small squirt of Sprite your annoying nephew didn't clean up and break your thumb while stopping yourself. Are you injury prone or weaker than the next guy, probably not, you just got screwed by fate. Love him or not, I hope you still give him your support when he's wearing number 14 in blue and gold...
    bradford got hurt both times in football, so i dont know what your point here is.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TakeSuh View Post
    bradford got hurt both times in football, so i dont know what your point here is.
    The point is that accidents and injuries can happen anywhere, on the football field and off, and if someone does get injured it doesnt make them injury prone

well if you take 2 hits on the same shoulder in the same season and they both result in an injury, i would call that shoulder injury prone

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

well if you take 2 hits on the same shoulder in the same season and they both result in an injury, i would call that shoulder injury prone
    its not injury prone if that first shoulder injury hasnt healed properly before the second hit, its only one injury getting re-aggrevated

i believe that is the case with Bradford's shoulder injury

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

It wasn't fully healed when he tried to come back. That's why he went ahead and had the surgery and didn't try to play again. It's two different things to say that while still healing, he's more likely to aggravate it and to say that he would be more injury prone after it was fully healed.
    Last edited by Goldenfleece; -03-30-2010 at 09:17 PM.

RedskinsFan Guest

Bradford is not injury prone. Like a few people have already said, he hurt it and once he felt like it had swelled down and wasn't hurting as much. Got hit and bam, hurt again.
    If your'e worried about Bradford because of that shoulder injury than you should be worried about Suh even more for his past knee issues.
    In fact I don't even understand why you're worried Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Carson Palmer, etc.. have all been hurt and came back.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12