Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    xXsUbLiMeXx is offline Registered User

Bradford Has Superpower

What you may not have known... he flies.

YouTube - Sam Bradford's Heisman Moment

OldSchoolRamFan is offline Registered User

Re: Bradford Has Superpower

Too bad he didn't get the TD AND dropped the ball
    Steve

What you see is what you get, but what you see depends on where you stand.

molar_pistol is offline Registered User

a clip so good you posted it twice?

Flippin' Ram is online now Registered User

Who knows, he might make Reggie Bush look like a joke.

RamFan_Til_I_Die is online now Registered User

Unless you're in an Elway-like moment doing that to win the SB, I don't ever want my QB doing stupid stuff like that. Giving a little extra to get 1st down or TD is one thing, but going airborn and giving a DB a chance to do what he dreams of doing and putting you out of the game or worse, is never a good idea.

atcchris is offline Registered User

Sounds like some folks don't know much about Oklahoma football, and about Oklahoma football against the OSU aggies.

This sort of spirit and guts is what the college game is about, and what makes it, in many ways, superior to the pro game.

This is not to say that as players get older, they shouldn't get wiser; as they play in a league where everyone is huge and fast they might not change their habits, but to criticize Bradford for doing this in the Bedlam game.. you just don't get it.

shower beers is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by atcchris View Post
    Sounds like some folks don't know much about Oklahoma football, and about Oklahoma football against the OSU aggies.

This sort of spirit and guts is what the college game is about, and what makes it, in many ways, superior to the pro game.

This is not to say that as players get older, they shouldn't get wiser; as they play in a league where everyone is huge and fast they might not change their habits, but to criticize Bradford for doing this in the Bedlam game.. you just don't get it.
    I thought they were the Cowboys.

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

Listening to 101 ESPN St Louis Radio and Trent Dilfer was giving his opinion on this years QB's in the draft. He has watched every snap of Bradford, Colt McCoy and Jimmy Clausen. In fact he has watched all Bradford's career three times.
    He believes the Rams are making a grave mistake, if they draft Bradford.
    Colt McCoy is much the better prospect in his eyes, showing the skills, which will much better to translate to the NFL. He believes Bradford will struggle with pressure, be unable to keep plays alive, and struggle with the mental side.
    He said he is very worried for the Rams and was quite convincing with his points.
    Is anyone in the same mindset?

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by GROUND DOG 39 View Post
    Listening to 101 ESPN St Louis Radio and Trent Dilfer was giving his opinion on this years QB's in the draft. He has watched every snap of Bradford, Colt McCoy and Jimmy Clausen. In fact he has watched all Bradford's career three times.
    Colt McCoy is much the better prospect in his eyes, showing the skills, which will much better to translate to the NFL. He believes Bradford will struggle with pressure, be unable to keep plays alive, and struggle with the mental side.
    He said he is very worried for the Rams and was quite convincing with his points.
    Yes. I totally agree. Honestly, I would rather take Claussen over Bradford, but hey what do I know.

I'm still onboard for SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Devaney, if you care about this team... fire the offensive coordinator!!!!

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

I think that's a bit off base. It's true that Bradford may not be able "to keep plays alive" (by scrambling) on some occasions that Colt might, but I never really saw him struggling greatly against pressure when I saw him play. I'm also curious where he's getting that part about the mental side of the game. He had a high completion percentage and didn't throw a lot of interceptions, so it doesn't seem like the tape would show him struggling with the mental aspect.

That said, I also like what Colt McCoy brings to the table.

BigGameTH is offline Registered User

I agree that Colt McCoy is a severely underrated prospect. He really might end up being the best QB out of the 3 in my eyes. He doesn't have the strongest arm of the three, but in watching UT games I think he reads coverages and reacts the best of the three. I think alot of people on this board saw the Big 12 champ game, but that game was the exception to years of really impressive quarterbacking because Nebraska loaded against the pass and rushed 1. He's also accurate, but I think all three are pretty accurate.

Snead came into a couple games when Colt came out and you saw just how awful Snead was compared to Colt real quick - (Kansas State, among other games, Colt when 4/4 for 50 yards and then Snead came in and went 13/30 - and then people like Walterfootball have Snead going before Colt? If the longhorn offense was just short little routes, why did they lose the games where Colt missed time?) A big deal is made of his size, and it just seems like teams see 6'1'' or less as the kiss of death height from best I can tell.

That said, I totally see why we want Bradford. If Colt is around in Round 2 though, part of me will be a little disappointed in the draft because of the Suh-McCoy possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by shower beers View Post
    I thought they were the Cowboys.
    OSU will never be anything other than aggies! BOOMER!

Dilfer's watched EVERY SNAP of Bradford, McCoy AND Clausen? Right. Must not have caught this year's red river shootout... or maybe he thinks the Rams should make a defensive player out of mccoy... the only reason the whorns beat us this year is because of colt's tackle on what should have been a pick six.

Excuse me if I don't have high regard for mr. Dilfer's opinion. Dude might have a Super Bowl ring, but Feeley could have won the big game with the Raven's defense that year.

Quote Originally Posted by BigGameTH View Post
    I agree that Colt McCoy is a severely underrated prospect. He really might end up being the best QB out of the 3 in my eyes. He doesn't have the strongest arm of the three, but in watching UT games I think he reads coverages and reacts the best of the three. I think alot of people on this board saw the Big 12 champ game, but that game was the exception to years of really impressive quarterbacking because Nebraska loaded against the pass and rushed 1. He's also accurate, but I think all three are pretty accurate.

Snead came into a couple games when Colt came out and you saw just how awful Snead was compared to Colt real quick - (Kansas State, among other games, Colt when 4/4 for 50 yards and then Snead came in and went 13/30 - and then people like Walterfootball have Snead going before Colt? If the longhorn offense was just short little routes, why did they lose the games where Colt missed time?) A big deal is made of his size, and it just seems like teams see 6'1'' or less as the kiss of death height from best I can tell.

That said, I totally see why we want Bradford. If Colt is around in Round 2 though, part of me will be a little disappointed in the draft because of the Suh-McCoy possibility.
    McCoy had several games where he just totally went into the tank.. a couple against A&M, OSU, and his games vs OU weren't his finest days either. You can't find me a game where Sam Bradford played badly. You can find several wherein McCoy and Clausen played badly.

BigGameTH is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by atcchris View Post
    You can't find me a game where Sam Bradford played badly. You can find several wherein McCoy and Clausen played badly.
    Bradford has about half the games to critique, but his 8/19 112 yrd 1TD/2INT 24-7 blown lead 27-24 loss against Colorado was not his finest performance. The same Iowa State that the Longhorns beat 56-3 played a close 17-7 game against OU, and the 17 was no thanks to Bradford-all he did was throw a pick. They used their running game to win it, something the longhorns don't really have. The NC game wasn't his best moment either.

'08 was a freak year where there was no defense and amazing offense in the Big 12. McCoy lit up(77% completions) every team that Bradford lit up in '08.

As far as OU goes, McCoy didn't actually have that bad of games against them except for the last year. The last one was shaping up to be a defensive struggle on both sides even when Bradford was in the game.

Must not have caught this year's red river shootout... or maybe he thinks the Rams should make a defensive player out of mccoy... the only reason the whorns beat us this year is because of colt's tackle on what should have been a pick six.
    Or maybe he caught the part where Sam Bradford re-injured his shoulder, and the part where Gerald McCoy dominated(pretty much the whole game) and thinks we can get Gerald and Colt in the draft.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast