throwback week



Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 31
  1. #16
    atcchris's Avatar
    atcchris is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Bedford, Texas
    Age
    51
    Posts
    300
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: Bradford Has Superpower

    Quote Originally Posted by BigGameTH View Post
    Bradford has about half the games to critique, but his 8/19 112 yrd 1TD/2INT 24-7 blown lead 27-24 loss against Colorado was not his finest performance. The same Iowa State that the Longhorns beat 56-3 played a close 17-7 game against OU, and the 17 was no thanks to Bradford-all he did was throw a pick. They used their running game to win it, something the longhorns don't really have. The NC game wasn't his best moment either.

    '08 was a freak year where there was no defense and amazing offense in the Big 12. McCoy lit up(77% completions) every team that Bradford lit up in '08.

    As far as OU goes, McCoy didn't actually have that bad of games against them except for the last year. The last one was shaping up to be a defensive struggle on both sides even when Bradford was in the game.



    Or maybe he caught the part where Sam Bradford re-injured his shoulder, and the part where Gerald McCoy dominated(pretty much the whole game) and thinks we can get Gerald and Colt in the draft.
    I'll grant you the colorado game... 1 game... but you didn't grant the plethora of games in which colt mccoy stunk up the place.

    Bottom line: Bradford - Warner; Colt McCoy - Bulger. I'll take Bradford.


  2. #17
    thickandthin Guest

    Re: Bradford Has Superpower

    Why did you post this twice...?

  3. #18
    PeoriaRam's Avatar
    PeoriaRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,173
    Rep Power
    40

    Re: Bradford Has Superpower

    Quote Originally Posted by atcchris View Post
    I'll grant you the colorado game... 1 game... but you didn't grant the plethora of games in which colt mccoy stunk up the place.

    Bottom line: Bradford - Warner; Colt McCoy - Bulger. I'll take Bradford.
    Bradford has been much worse in the postseason than Warner. At least McCoy has won a Bowl Game.

  4. #19
    TheRammer Guest

    Re: Bradford Has Superpower

    Quote Originally Posted by GROUND DOG 39 View Post
    Listening to 101 ESPN St Louis Radio and Trent Dilfer was giving his opinion on this years QB's in the draft. He has watched every snap of Bradford, Colt McCoy and Jimmy Clausen. In fact he has watched all Bradford's career three times.
    He believes the Rams are making a grave mistake, if they draft Bradford.
    Colt McCoy is much the better prospect in his eyes, showing the skills, which will much better to translate to the NFL. He believes Bradford will struggle with pressure, be unable to keep plays alive, and struggle with the mental side.
    He said he is very worried for the Rams and was quite convincing with his points.
    Is anyone in the same mindset?
    Yes 100%. McCoy will be a better NFL QB than Bradford will be. I'm sorry if you are on the Bradford band wagon and put your future Rams success and hopes already in Bradford, but the media and whoever else has blown up Bradford.

    Why is it when they were playing football still SUH was the number one draft pick hands down? Because he was the best college football player that was playing that had a impact on his team. Now Bradford is? what has changed? Nothing! Media blows things up and changes so many things that it changes peoples mindsets.

    McCoy and Bradford have both had bad games like any human being has bad games or times, thats a none issue. But what McCoy has to offer has far more upside, he doesn't have that media storm to build up his stock. The people who think he has this great potential aren't saying anything because they want everyone to think he will slip to the 2nd round. Those same people will take him sometime in the mid 1st round.

    I pray and hope we take BPA SUH as our no.1 pick and we trade up and take McCoy in the first. We get a generation DT and our QB of the future. With great leadership and a will to be the best.

    Before you respond in negative please open your mind up and think about it...

  5. #20
    atcchris's Avatar
    atcchris is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Bedford, Texas
    Age
    51
    Posts
    300
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: Bradford Has Superpower

    Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    Bradford has been much worse in the postseason than Warner. At least McCoy has won a Bowl Game.
    Spoken exactly like a whorn fan. All those years the Sooners were going to better bowl games than texas, but losing, while the whorns were going to the holiday bowl and winning.. that was their only solace.

    Don't know why you mentioned Warner, but I think you meant mccoy, so I will analyze that.

    McCoy played in 4 bowl games.; he ws 3-1. his opponents were:

    6-7 IOWA, 8th place in the Big 10
    Arizona State, 2nd place in the PAC 10
    Ohio State, Big 10 champ.
    Alabama, National Champions

    Bradford played in 2 bowl games; he was 0-2. his opponents were:

    Big East champion West Virginia
    national champion Florida

    The whorns always say they'd rather win the holiday bowl than lose the national championship game. Good for them.
    Last edited by atcchris; -04-03-2010 at 10:03 PM.

  6. #21
    TheRammer Guest

    Re: Bradford Has Superpower

    all I know out of this college team convo. is that the Michigan Wolverines are the best ;o) Hail to the victors!!!!

  7. #22
    atcchris's Avatar
    atcchris is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Bedford, Texas
    Age
    51
    Posts
    300
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: Bradford Has Superpower

    Quote Originally Posted by TheRammer View Post
    Yes 100%. McCoy will be a better NFL QB than Bradford will be. I'm sorry if you are on the Bradford band wagon and put your future Rams success and hopes already in Bradford, but the media and whoever else has blown up Bradford.

    Why is it when they were playing football still SUH was the number one draft pick hands down? Because he was the best college football player that was playing that had a impact on his team. Now Bradford is? what has changed? Nothing! Media blows things up and changes so many things that it changes peoples mindsets.

    McCoy and Bradford have both had bad games like any human being has bad games or times, thats a none issue. But what McCoy has to offer has far more upside, he doesn't have that media storm to build up his stock. The people who think he has this great potential aren't saying anything because they want everyone to think he will slip to the 2nd round. Those same people will take him sometime in the mid 1st round.

    I pray and hope we take BPA SUH as our no.1 pick and we trade up and take McCoy in the first. We get a generation DT and our QB of the future. With great leadership and a will to be the best.

    Before you respond in negative please open your mind up and think about it...
    You blah blah blah about C. McCoy's "far more upside", but you don't outline what that upside is.

    Does he have better size than Bradford? No.
    Does he have a better arm than Bradford? No.

    Bradford - 31 games 88 TD passes, 8403 yards, 16 ints. 604 comp 893 attempts. over 9 yards per attempt.

    McCoy - 53 games 112 TD, 13253 yd, 45 int. 1157/1645. over 8 ypa.

    Bradford - 2.84 td/game, .52 int/game
    McCoy - 2.11 td/game, .85 int/game

    PLUS, quality of opponents: Bradford played BYU, Cinc. Wash, Miami, Florida and W. Va out of conference. McCoy played Ala, OhSU(x2) and Ark. outside of conference The rest of Bradford's OOC opponents: UNT, Chatt, TCU, Ut. St., Tulsa. McCoy's patsies; Fla Atlantic, TCU, Ark. St., LA Monroe, Wyoming, UTEP (x2), UCF (x2), Rice (x3), Sam Houston st.

    Look... McCoy doesn't suck.. he's jut no Bradford. Just like Bulger never sucked. He just wasn't Warner.

  8. #23
    BigGameTH is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    102
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: Bradford Has Superpower

    Quote Originally Posted by atcchris View Post
    You blah blah blah about C. McCoy's "far more upside", but you don't outline what that upside is.

    Does he have better size than Bradford? No.
    Does he have a better arm than Bradford? No.

    Bradford - 31 games 88 TD passes, 8403 yards, 16 ints. 604 comp 893 attempts. over 9 yards per attempt.

    McCoy - 53 games 112 TD, 13253 yd, 45 int. 1157/1645. over 8 ypa.

    Bradford - 2.84 td/game, .52 int/game
    McCoy - 2.11 td/game, .85 int/game

    PLUS, quality of opponents: Bradford played BYU, Cinc. Wash, Miami, Florida and W. Va out of conference. McCoy played Ala, OhSU(x2) and Ark. outside of conference The rest of Bradford's OOC opponents: UNT, Chatt, TCU, Ut. St., Tulsa. McCoy's patsies; Fla Atlantic, TCU, Ark. St., LA Monroe, Wyoming, UTEP (x2), UCF (x2), Rice (x3), Sam Houston st.

    Look... McCoy doesn't suck.. he's jut no Bradford. Just like Bulger never sucked. He just wasn't Warner.
    2008 was a freak year of no Big 12 defense and it really skews the stats you're looking at. Are we really going to draft Bradford because he scored 4 TDs in a 66-28 blowout against A&M instead of Colt's 2 TDs in a 49-9 blowout against A&M? The scores that year were just silly. OU ended the season with like half their games scoring 60 points leaving Bradford in games to the end running that high-octane offense because they needed style points in the BCS.

    You keep saying McCoy will be like Bulger. I think he could turn out more like Tono Romo without the playoff problems personally. Both are about the same height with similar scrambling ability. Bradford could end up like Carson Palmer - classic pocket passer, and when he's healthy and has time he's excellent. But who knows man - I can never tell with quarterbacks.

  9. #24
    PeoriaRam's Avatar
    PeoriaRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,173
    Rep Power
    40

    Re: Bradford Has Superpower

    Quote Originally Posted by atcchris View Post
    Spoken exactly like a whorn fan. All those years the Sooners were going to better bowl games than texas, but losing, while the whorns were going to the holiday bowl and winning.. that was their only solace.

    Don't know why you mentioned Warner, but I think you meant mccoy, so I will analyze that.

    McCoy played in 4 bowl games.; he ws 3-1. his opponents were:

    6-7 IOWA, 8th place in the Big 10
    Arizona State, 2nd place in the PAC 10
    Ohio State, Big 10 champ.
    Alabama, National Champions

    Bradford played in 2 bowl games; he was 0-2. his opponents were:

    Big East champion West Virginia
    national champion Florida

    The whorns always say they'd rather win the holiday bowl than lose the national championship game. Good for them.
    If the entire Big XII South fell off the face of the earth, I wouldn't shed a tear. Just a minor FYI.

  10. #25
    TheRammer Guest

    Re: Bradford Has Superpower

    Quote Originally Posted by atcchris View Post

    Look... McCoy doesn't suck.. he's jut no Bradford. Just like Bulger never sucked. He just wasn't Warner.
    Look don't get all booty hurt because your a sooner fan and texas pwned you last year...

    p.s. What the Heck does warner and Bulger have to do with this?

    I can do that to...
    yaaa and Ummm like Joe Theisman wasn't like what's his name, ya Johnny Unitas but if you compare them then seperate the averages and then subtract the height difference....... BLAH BLAH BLAH
    IT DOESNT MATTER JABRONI!!!

  11. #26
    TheRammer Guest

    Re: Bradford Has Superpower

    Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    If the entire Big XII South fell off the face of the earth, I wouldn't shed a tear. Just a minor FYI.
    btw lmao @ this

    amen to this

  12. #27
    atcchris's Avatar
    atcchris is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Bedford, Texas
    Age
    51
    Posts
    300
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: Bradford Has Superpower

    Quote Originally Posted by BigGameTH View Post
    2008 was a freak year of no Big 12 defense and it really skews the stats you're looking at. Are we really going to draft Bradford because he scored 4 TDs in a 66-28 blowout against A&M instead of Colt's 2 TDs in a 49-9 blowout against A&M? The scores that year were just silly. OU ended the season with like half their games scoring 60 points leaving Bradford in games to the end running that high-octane offense because they needed style points in the BCS.

    You keep saying McCoy will be like Bulger. I think he could turn out more like Tono Romo without the playoff problems personally. Both are about the same height with similar scrambling ability. Bradford could end up like Carson Palmer - classic pocket passer, and when he's healthy and has time he's excellent. But who knows man - I can never tell with quarterbacks.
    Bradford was out of games by the end of the 3rd quarter. Bradford is the better QB, hands down.

  13. #28
    atcchris's Avatar
    atcchris is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Bedford, Texas
    Age
    51
    Posts
    300
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: Bradford Has Superpower

    Quote Originally Posted by TheRammer View Post
    Look don't get all booty hurt because your a sooner fan and texas pwned you last year...

    p.s. What the Heck does warner and Bulger have to do with this?

    I can do that to...
    yaaa and Ummm like Joe Theisman wasn't like what's his name, ya Johnny Unitas but if you compare them then seperate the averages and then subtract the height difference....... BLAH BLAH BLAH
    IT DOESNT MATTER JABRONI!!!
    I love it how longhorn fans whined and moaned about mccoy not being able to play the entire game vs alabama... irony is so ironic sometimes. Warner and Bulger were Rams. Hoping C. McCoy will never be one. Sometimes thinking about the Rams O-line, it might be good for Bradford to miss out on the ineptness that can be the Rams' organization.. but I'm hoping for better times. It hasn't been good since Warner. Bradford can bring that kind of magic. McCoy can't.

  14. #29
    TheRammer Guest

    Re: Bradford Has Superpower

    Quote Originally Posted by atcchris View Post
    I love it how longhorn fans whined and moaned about mccoy not being able to play the entire game vs alabama... irony is so ironic sometimes. Warner and Bulger were Rams. Hoping C. McCoy will never be one. Sometimes thinking about the Rams O-line, it might be good for Bradford to miss out on the ineptness that can be the Rams' organization.. but I'm hoping for better times. It hasn't been good since Warner. Bradford can bring that kind of magic. McCoy can't.
    Yes they were rams but niether Bradford or McCoy is right now. LOL what you gonna do when we take SUH 1st come back in the 1st round and take McCoy? Devaney is smart even if he decides on Bradford I'll be ok with it but think he'll get it done and bring both SUH and MCCoy to the Rams..

  15. #30
    CanadianRamsFan's Avatar
    CanadianRamsFan is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    239
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: Bradford Has Superpower

    Quote Originally Posted by TheRammer View Post
    Yes they were rams but niether Bradford or McCoy is right now. LOL what you gonna do when we take SUH 1st come back in the 1st round and take McCoy? Devaney is smart even if he decides on Bradford I'll be ok with it but think he'll get it done and bring both SUH and MCCoy to the Rams..
    If that happens then thats the way this team will go, and i will get behind both those picks. Though i still think that Bradford will be our pick, so its good to see that you will still be on the board.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Bradford Makes Strong Case For No. 1
    By r8rh8rmike in forum DRAFT & FA
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -03-30-2010, 11:55 PM
  2. The Daily Bernie Bytes: Why Bradford Isn't A Lock
    By r8rh8rmike in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: -03-30-2010, 06:52 PM
  3. Why I think Sam Bradford should be our guy
    By RockinRam in forum DRAFT & FA
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: -03-30-2010, 07:45 AM
  4. Jim Thomas Live March 26 - Draft Chat
    By r8rh8rmike in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -03-27-2010, 01:02 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: -03-25-2010, 09:45 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •