Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    RamsSB99 is offline Registered User

Bradford mock with trade for Marshall

If we draft Bradford I would like to see us give him some weapons. The backup running back will not get a lot of touches so I would like to see us sign Willie Parker this year to go along with our other RB's. Next year I would try to address backup/future RB via draft. I would also like to see us sign Alex Brown (If released) and Na' il Diggs they would provide good depth on defense at areas of need.

Trade:

2nd round pick for Brandon Marshall #1 WR

Sign:

Alex Brown DE 6’3 260 31
    “Chicago Bears defensive end Alex Brown had 48 tackles last year and served as one of the team's captains. But it appears the leader isn't long for the Windy City. The nine-year veteran is apparently on the trading block, according to the Chicago Tribune. With the recent addition of Julius Peppers the Bears don't need Brown anymore. The team shouldn't expect much in a trade, because the word is that if a trade can't happen, Brown will just get released.” Five of the last six years he has had six or more sacks. He would be a good stopgap along with Hall at our DE position opposite Long.

Na’il Diggs OLB 6’4 240 32

Willie Parker RB

Atogwe FS

Draft:

1. Sam Bradford QB 6'4 235
    Potential franchise QB.

2. Brandon Marshall WR 6’4 230 25 (Traded with Denver)
    A true #1 WR and big physical target.

3. Chris Cook CB 6’2 212 4.45 40
    Fast, good fluidity, and good size. Could play CB or safety. Will help add depth to the secondary which still scares me.

4. Jimmy Graham TE 6’6 260 4.56 40
    Very good size and speed.

5. Greg Hardy 6’4 281 DE 4.8 40
    Good Size and speed. Has had several injuries but its getting later in the draft and time to take a chance on a guy like this. He could easily have been a 3rd round pick if he would have stayed healthy and not had injuries in the past. Plays at a high level when not injured.

5. A.J. Edds LB 6’4 246 4.62
    Hard hitting LB could battle Diggs for a starting spot.

6. Ted Larsen C/G 6’3 304 5.1 40
    Good center that used to play DT. Would be a nice backup at center or guard. Moves very well.

7. Chris Marinelli OT/G 6’7 300 5.23 40
    Leader of team with fewest sacks in PAC 10. Played G and OT both.

7. Adrian Tracy LB 6’3 248 4.76 40
    Could play some LB and be a situational pass rusher. Had a knack for getting to the QB.

7. Sean Lissemore DT 6’3 297 4.82 40
    Good speed and height.

*New Offense and Defense with BOLD being new player this year.

Defense:
    DE – Chris Long 6'3 265 24, James Hall 6’2 280 32, Victor Adeyanju
    DT – Fred Robbins 33 6’4 325, Darell Scott 6’3 312 23
    DT- Clifton Ryan 6’3 316 26, Adam Carriker 6'6 310 25, Sean Lissemore 6’3 297 4.82 40
    DE – Alex Brown 6’3 260 31, Greg Hardy 6’4 281 4.8 40

SLB – David Vobora 6’1 238 23, Adrian Tracy 6’3 248 4.76 40
    MLB – James Laurinatis 6’2 245 23
    WLB – A.J. Edds 6’4 246 4.62 OR Na’il Diggs 32 6’4 240

CB – Ron Bartell 6'1 210 27, Kevin Dockery 5’8 188
    CB – Chris Cook 6’2 212 4.45 40 OR Bradley Fletcher 6’0 200 23
    FS – O.J. Atogwe 5'11 210 28, Craig Dahl 6’1 209 25
    SS – James Butler 6’3 215 27

Offense:
    QB – Sam Bradford 6’4 235
    RB – Steven Jackson 6'2 235 26, Willie Parker
    FB – Mike Karney 5’11 260 28
    TE – Jimmy Graham 6’6 260 4.56 40, Daniel Fells 6’4 270 26
    WR1 – Brandon Marshall 6’4 230 25
    WR2 – Donnie Avery 5'11 185 25 OR Laurent Robinson 6’2 195 24 OR Brandon Gibson 6’1 205 22
    LT – Jason Smith 6’5 305 23, Chris Marinelli 6’7 300 5.23 40
    LG – Jacob Bell 6'4 295 28,Mark Setterstrom
    C – Jason Brown 6'3 320 26, Ted Larsen 6’3 304 5.1 40
    RG – Hank Fraley 6’3 310 33,John Greco 6'4 315 24
    RT - Alex Barron 6'7 315 27, Adam Goldberg 6’7 320 29

Special Teams
    K – Josh Brown 6’0 212 30
    P – Donnie Jones 6’2 222 29
    KR - Danny Amendola 5’11 185 24
    LS - Chris Massey 6'0 234 30
    Last edited by RamsSB99; -03-31-2010 at 12:53 AM.

ludairv is offline Registered User

Re: Bradford mock with trade for Marshall

+1 ..nice but not sure if the marshall thing works out lol

md8
    md8 is offline Registered User

Looks good. If we draft Bradford, we defiantly need to get him some receivers. While I know a lot of people will disagree. Avery and Robinson are #2s at best. And everyone else is garbage.

Any QB except maybe Peyton would look bad with a bad o-line and receivers.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

id prefer to not trade for Marshall and instead take a DT in round 2

richtree is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    id prefer to not trade for Marshall and instead take a DT in round 2

I guess you prefer to lose then....

Awesome job -- if Marshall will play here give the 2nd in a heartbeat.

THis is a dream off-season to get a young QB and top WR (young).

Pick any DT in the league and imagine trading him straight up for Marshall. (any team would do that, but you wanna keep the pick for a DT--ha)

RebelYell is offline Registered User

If the Rams can sign Marshall, I'd trade the 2nd rounder for him. He's not a cancer in the locker room, he's more of an off-the-field issue guy and none have been all that horrible. His biggest thing is that he didn't want the team to trade away Cutler. If you can tie him up with Bradford, he'd be a great pickup. Face it, the Rams have a 30-50% chance of that 2nd round pick being a long-term NFL player. If you can exchange that risk for a stud like Marshall, I couldn't pass that up.

Dominating D is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by md8 View Post
    Looks good. If we draft Bradford, we defiantly need to get him some receivers. While I know a lot of people will disagree. Avery and Robinson are #2s at best. And everyone else is garbage.

So Gibson and Danny are garbage and Avery/Robinson do not have the talent to be ones?

Your right I disagree...........

general counsel is offline Registered User

Gentlemen, to trade a #2 (or anything else for that matter) for Marshall you have to be prepared to pay him a huge guaranteed signing bonus and salary. That is not going to happen with the Rams ownership in limbo and us locked into paying 30-50 million in guaranteed money to the first pick in the draft.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    Gentlemen, to trade a #2 (or anything else for that matter) for Marshall you have to be prepared to pay him a huge guaranteed signing bonus and salary. That is not going to happen with the Rams ownership in limbo and us locked into paying 30-50 million in guaranteed money to the first pick in the draft.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    That might be true but we would be way under the cap right now if there was one. We might also be able to work the contract to where Marshall gets a roster bonus now and sizable roster bonuses his first two years which would not hit the current owners as hard but still give the next owner an attractive piece. IMO if the Rams were not sold this year getting Bradford and Marshall could improve the value of the team by putting a better product on the field. Last year we had a much bigger salary and we had several dead weight contracts on the books from shedding players. I don't fully understand how they are handling the money this year because if they are truly just counting the dollars they can make on the sale to Khan why would they pay 3 mil for a backup QB like Feely so early in the process? Also there is still Kroenke as a minority owner that owns 40% I am sure he don't want to see his value go down by having another 1 win season. Maybe Khan agreed to buy the team for a set amount plus this years expenses not to exceed a certain dollar amount.

Here are some of the dead weight players we had last year.
    Holt
    Pace
    Bennett
    Chavous
    Green
    Wroten

Here are some current players we have yet to resign and what they cost us last year.

Atogwe 6.342 mil (franchised last year. If resigned likely lower cost this year)
    Barron 3.72 mil (might save some here even if resigned)
    Little 7.6 mil
    Mc Michael 4.6 mil
    Pisa 4 mil
    Witherspoon 4 mil
    Boller 1.5 mil

We could save some money by cutting Bulger as well he cost us 8.5 mil last year.
    Last edited by RamsSB99; -03-31-2010 at 09:11 PM.

CanadianRamsFan is offline Registered User

McMichael cost us 4.6 Mill? How many catches did he have 4?

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

I like this idea.. If Marshall didn't have character issues, simply lets put a "what if" scenario if he one day decides to do something really stupid again and it affects the the Rams having to have him not play, then it's pretty much a waste of a draft pick and money.

Quote Originally Posted by md8 View Post

Amendola and Gibson are garbage........ I beg to differ but Amendola's a pretty decent kickoff returner and Gibson showed the potential he has to become a good WR......... These guys are rookies and you best keep your judgement reserved until 2-3 seasons and then we can start giving opinions...

Quote Originally Posted by fliptalianstallion View Post
    Amendola and Gibson are garbage........ I beg to differ but Amendola's a pretty decent kickoff returner and Gibson showed the potential he has to become a good WR......... These guys are rookies and you best keep your judgement reserved until 2-3 seasons and then we can start giving opinions...
    I am not ready to say some of our receivers can't be decent receivers but I see none on our team that will ever be great receivers. So far some have shown flashes they could be good but can they be consistently good enough to be a good #2 WR or can they vastly improve into a great #1 WR (I doubt this but that is my opinion). I don't think any will become as good as Marshall is right now. We don't have a true #1 WR and they have not been consistent enough yet to say any of them will be good #2 WR's (Some may succeed at this but many more will fail). If we had a true #1 like Marshall I would be all for seeing how far some of these guys can develop. Can they be good #2 WR's or exceed expectations and become a good #1 WR which gives us a potent offense and compliment to Marshall. We have seen with the likes of Hargrove who I remember many people on here used to like and he did nothing for us. That happens with many young players. More young players that people think have potential fail then make it.

Marshall would help Bradford ease into the NFL by having a proven player instead of waiting two or three years for a WR that might never develop into a #1 WR.
    Last edited by RamsSB99; -03-31-2010 at 09:34 PM.

Dominating D is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsSB99 View Post
    I am not ready to say some of our receivers can't be decent receivers but I see none on our team that will ever be great receivers. So far some have shown flashes they could be good but can they be consistently good enough to be a good #2 WR or can they vastly improve into a great #1 WR (I doubt this but that is my opinion). I don't think any will become as good as Marshall is right now. We don't have a true #1 WR and they have not been consistent enough yet to say any of them will be good #2 WR's (Some may succeed at this but many more will fail). If we had a true #1 like Marshall I would be all for seeing how far some of these guys can develop. Can they be good #2 WR's or exceed expectations and become a good #1 WR which gives us a potent offense and compliment to Marshall. We have seen with the likes of Hargrove who I remember many people on here used to like and he did nothing for us. That happens with many young players. More young players that people think have potential fail then make it.

Marshall would help Bradford ease into the NFL by having a proven player instead of waiting two or three years for a WR that might never develop into a #1 WR.
    Or he could do what he's done the last couple of years. Be a distration and make poor decisions off the field. Lets just ignore all that. Marshall is too big a risk and if you have to compare him to anyone it would be TO and I will pass on both of them all week and twice on sunday.

YoungBloodDickerson is offline Registered User

If the Rams draft Sam Bradford I would like for them to fire Devaney before we get to the 2nd round.

No way is Bradford an elite NFL QB or potentially one.

If your in the camp that the Rams need a QB and that will fix everything then OK, but Sam Bradford is Tim Couch at best.

richtree is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Dominating D View Post
    Or he could do what he's done the last couple of years. Be a distration and make poor decisions off the field. Lets just ignore all that. Marshall is too big a risk and if you have to compare him to anyone it would be TO and I will pass on both of them all week and twice on sunday.

You guys don't get it...

Marshall is a stud. An elite athlete at a young age. The Denver Ownership had as much to due with his problems.

Imagine having Cutler, Marshall, and Shanahan and exchanging them for McDaniels, Orton, and Royal.

Marshall was promised a contract and the new coaching staff/management reneged on the money, then he became a RFA.

Now Denver wants to get rid of Scheffler too. Its obvious the Denver offensive is a joke. They couldn't even get Royal the ball.

Marshall is a top 3 WR and pairing him with SJAX and say Bradford would immediately make us a top 10 offense.

So, a 2nd round pick would be a steal.

He has a crazy finacee and traffic problems....I think he is just young and dummb....

he will be a stud for 5 -6 years, why not here....

?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast