Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Re: Bradford mock with trade for Marshall

Quote Originally Posted by RamsSB99 View Post
    Drinking and driving is a decision that is not typically spontaneous where as rough housing is. Drinking and driving is more then just a microsecond of impairment for a few hours ask Leonard Little who has made far worse choices then Marshall has ever made or probably ever will make. Little has killed a person by drinking and driving and many fans still wanted us to resign him or Hall or both. I don't recall a big fan base here saying they didn't want to resign Little the lat time we signed him.
    There's a very pronounced difference between drinking one beer, and then driving away, and Little's downing of enough alcohol for his BAC to hit DUI levels. One is forgivably harmless, the other isn't. And I wasn't in the re-sign Little crowd.

Did you get this information from your sources? Because I am pretty sure Pujols was the one pressing to do it from the articles I remember reading. His actions where not in the course of team duties. You also failed to mention that Pujols decided to do the reality TV show Shaq vs. Pujols where he took a ton of swings in that home run derby. It was well known that he did because they offered to give money to his charity. That was during the second half of the season. Pujols also finished the year in a big power drought after having did both of those derbys.
    The Cardinals wanted him to do the all star game home run derby, as it was their baby and he was their meal ticket. His presence likely increased all sorts of sales at that event. And seeing as Shaq's show was on a major network, there is no way for Pujols to just "sneak" it in under the Cardinals' radar. They had to know of it, and sign off on it.

Did this come form your source? Either way it would have hurt his team by doing something that put him at risk.
    It also puts his name, and to a lesser extent, the team's name out there. So long as he gets permission, the Cavs will tolerate it.

I just gave you a few examples but there are many more where players that get paid millions live life outside of the bubble you say they should live in when you don't like the player. Many players put themselves at risk of injury and most do it more premeditated then what Marshall did.
    Do they put themselves at risk with team sanction or permission, or by doing stupid things without approval. One of those two things will fly, the other won't.

RamsSB99 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Dominating D View Post
    In the context of young talent like Marshall is for a Wide Reciever.

Youth trumps Old Bulger beat out Warner and most felt his career was over.

Youth trumps Old The Colts felt Faulk was a distration in the locker room and they wanted to go younger and cheaper in the draft.

Cardinals made several attempts to sign Boldin in the last couple of years. They did not come to an agreement. He is reaching the point in his career that his prime years are past him and the nasty hits he has taken puts him at a high risk to sign long term.

So if your looking at Young Talent which none of your examples above were other than Brees who the Chargers had a younger QB they felt was ready to go and Brees was a high risk to sign long term due to major shoulder surgery...
    You never made the case for young talent. You are now twisting in the wind trying to get yourself out of your original comments, which you said where false by admitting these guys did not fit your statement. Faulk by the way just turned 26 prior to the trade he had another 4 good years. Boldin likely has another good four years. The debate was not youth vs. talent until just now when you just switched it because your original statement was false.

Here are three more examples of players over the last couple years that where young and playing well:

Jared Allen 26 yrs old KC to Min 2008 after 15.5 sack season year prior to trade
    DeAngelo Hall 24 yrs old ATL to Oak 2008 after 15 INTs over previous 3 years.
    Jay Cutler 25 yrs old Den to Chi 2009 after 4526 yards passing

Couple other players on the block this year near Marshalls age right now:
    Tony Sheffler TE 27 One of the better catching TEs
    Jared Gaither LT 24 Has been a great OT
    Last edited by RamsSB99; -04-03-2010 at 12:40 AM.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by richtree View Post
    And if you wouldn't trade any of these for Marshall you are a fool.
    The only team that would be foolish to not trade Marshall for any of those DTs are the Broncos, because if the Broncos managed to get one of those DTs in a trade for Marshall they would have just got a steal.

Dominating D is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsSB99 View Post
    You never made the case for young talent. You are now twisting in the wind trying to get yourself out of your original comments, which you said where false by admitting these guys did not fit your statement. Faulk by the way just turned 26 prior to the trade he had another 4 good years. Boldin likely has another good four years. The debate was not youth vs. talent until just now when you just switched it because your original statement was false.

Twisting in the wind? It's all about context we were talking about a young superstar WR. My comment was base on topic of this thread where is yours?

Superstar talent top of their respected position and young before prime age.

Let me ask you this logical question then. If a team has a very young talented player top 3 in his position why would they entertain trading him for a 2nd round pick?

The only recent trade I can remember that involved a very talented CB was Champ Bailey. In that trade it was Champ for Clinto Portis and I believe a draft pick. But in this case it was a trade of young super talent for young super talent.

Here are three more examples of players over the last couple years that where young and playing well:

Jared Allen 26 yrs old KC to Min 2008 after 15.5 sack season year prior to trade
    DeAngelo Hall 24 yrs old ATL to Oak 2008 after 15 INTs over previous 3 years.
    Jay Cutler 25 yrs old Den to Chi 2009 after 4526 yards passing

Couple other players on the block this year near Marshalls age right now:
    Tony Sheffler TE 27 One of the better catching TEs
    Jared Gaither LT 24 Has been a great OT

Much better examples.

The two that kinda fit the critera

Jay Cutler Unmanagable per Denver FO and he was a major distraction to the team.

Jared Allen came with serious concerns of lifestyle and substance abuse.

DeAngelo Hall way overated IMHO

I do like Sheffler but he's not even a top 10 TE

Jared Gaither I know very little about
    Last edited by Dominating D; -04-03-2010 at 12:34 PM.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Not a bad draft. I'd be quite impressed if our team was like this next year.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234