Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Bradford Update: Won't throw until March 25th

The representatives for Sam Bradford (Tom Condon and Ben Dogra of CAA Sports) sent a letter to all 32 teams advising them that Bradford will fully participate in the medical examinations, interview process and wonderlic testing at the combine. Based on the advice of Dr. James Andrews, he will not participate in any football drills or physical activities in Indianapolis. Bradford will have his own pro day workout on March 25th at the University of Oklahoma. He will not be in attendance for the Sooners pro day on March 9th.

A letter from Dr. Andrews was attached in the email distributed to the teams. In that letter, Andrews mentions that Bradford is ahead of schedule in his recovery from shoulder surgery. He writes that Sam has been increasing the distance on his throws weekly and is on schedule to fully participate at the pro day workout in late March.
    Courtesy of Move the Sticks, a blog operated by former Ravens and Browns scout Daniel Jeremiah.

ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Re: Bradford Update: Won't throw until March 25th

He will blow Devaney away next week with his interviews and a month before the draft at his pro day he will solidify himself as the number 1 pick just my bold prediction

Rambunctious is offline Registered User

I have Bradford in my mock but I must say this causes me some concern.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

I don't like Bradford as our QB. His system is much different than ours, and he is so fragile. I'd like to see him impress, but its doubtful from a system perspective.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Devaney, if you care about this team... fire the offensive coordinator!!!!

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Mooselini View Post
    I don't like Bradford as our QB. His system is much different than ours, and he is so fragile. I'd like to see him impress, but its doubtful from a system perspective.
    I'm less concerned about the system aspect as I am about the durability. Because it's not just the recent AC joint injury that's concerning.

The NFL average for sacks on the 2009 season was 34. Rams quarterbacks, in what was considered an improved year in terms of pass protection and sacks, were brought down 44 times. In his career at Oklahoma, Bradford was sacked a total of 25 times.

Yet he was hurt in some fashion in every season he played. In 2007, Bradford sustained a concussion that knocked him out of one game. In 2008, he tore ligaments in his non-throwing hand which required surgery, but he functioned in a soft cast. Then in 2009, he had the AC joint injury and reinjury. All this while being generally well protected and functioning in a spread system.

How is his body going to handle the beating of an NFL schedule, the 10+ more sacks and countless additional hits he's going to take? NFL teams are really going to have to take a hard look at his history and try to determine how well he's going to hold up at the next level. Who knows, maybe he becomes the next Brett Favre and never misses a game. But looking at his résumé so far, you've got to be concerned about the nicks and bumps he's had to date.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!