Varg6 is offline Registered User

Is Brady Quinn THAT good?

I don't really know his stats and what games he's played in (I know a few) and I don't know too much info about him. But every time I see the guy go up against a big name team such as LSU or Michigan for example, he gets crushed. I know his line isn't the most fantastic in the world, but come on...for someone who is spoken so highly of 1st pick first round, he sure isn't proving to the audience of TV that he deserves that spot. I personally don't think he's that good, and yeah he threw 31 TDs this season, but you look up the schedule and see teams like Army and Navy, teams that sound like Division 4! If that exists? lol. Anyways, whats your scoop on this guy people? Is he REALLY that good? Last night's game showed me I'd rather want JeMarcuss Russell even though he had a few bad decisions which I hear he does occasionally. Am I wrong, what am I missing about this guy? Enlighten me please!!

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Is Brady Quinn THAT good?

Quote Originally Posted by Varg6 View Post
    I don't really know his stats and what games he's played in (I know a few) and I don't know too much info about him. But every time I see the guy go up against a big name team such as LSU or Michigan for example, he gets crushed. I know his line isn't the most fantastic in the world, but come on...for someone who is spoken so highly of 1st pick first round, he sure isn't proving to the audience of TV that he deserves that spot. I personally don't think he's that good, and yeah he threw 31 TDs this season, but you look up the schedule and see teams like Army and Navy, teams that sound like Division 4! If that exists? lol. Anyways, whats your scoop on this guy people? Is he REALLY that good? Last night's game showed me I'd rather want JeMarcuss Russell even though he had a few bad decisions which I hear he does occasionally. Am I wrong, what am I missing about this guy? Enlighten me please!!
    Some excellent points. Quinn obviously has loads of talent, but I agree that he doesn't always come up big in critical situations. Unfortunately, the only exception this season I remember him looking solid in crunch time was, sigh, against my beloved UCLA Bruins. I'm not sure he has what it takes to succeed at the next level, but we're definitely going to get the chance to find out.

RedArcher7 is offline Registered User

Re: Is Brady Quinn THAT good?

I say he is that good. When you judge any player, you don't always look at what the team does, but what that player did. Brady has gotten zero help from the defense. As good as Jeff Samardijza is and if he goes pro will be a 1st-2nd round pick, the guy on the other side Rhema McNight drops an awful lot of passes. His starting tight end lets balls go right through his arms and intercepted. Last year with 2 realitivly dependable recievers Quinn was the best Pocket passing quarterback. This year with one, he's still the best it just doesn't look that way. An inconsistant offensive line, a wide out with the case of the drops, and a tight end missing. Brady makes plays, he beat Georgia Tech. He did have those comebacks against UCLA and MSU, hooking up with "The Shark". Brady can't play every spot on the field obviously (if he could he just might be the first pick) so he has to depend on other people to do their part. Everyone else has to do it, Brady's done a good job with what he's had. Who knows, if he goes to Oakland and plays with a nonexistant offensive line and Wide recievers that don't want to play they could go 10-3, just like Notre Dame, only with a defense.