Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bralidore(RAMMODE) is offline Registered User

Bralidore's MOCK DRAFT: The Rough Draft

Round 1: Ndamukong Suh DT: The House of Spears, will improve the entire defense if he can live up to even half of the hype he has garnered. Excellent strength that can increase, intelligent, uses hands very well, playmaker at DT.

Round 2: Sean Weatherspoon OLB: Side line to Sideline defender, can make things happen, can come in and start immediately and compliment JLau tremendously.

Round 3: Dexter Mccluster RB/WR: PLAYMAKER, I'd consider trading back up into the second round to acquire this guy... is one of those guys that can take it to the house anytime he touches the ball, excellent agility and quickness, sick juking moves and change of direction skills, can be utilized at receiver, runningback, and special teams. Could be the Rams utility man. WARNING: Stock on the rise after performing excellent so far at Senior Bowl, could very likely go higher.

Round 4: George Selvie DE: Once considered one of the best pass rushers in college football, he has taken a fall from grace after greatly under performing this past season. Great Size and burst off the edge with good speed. Likely a steal this low and could quite possibly go higher.

Round 5 #1: Jimmy Graham TE: About as tall as it gets in the NFL. Converted basketball player with potential off the freakin' charts. Fast, Quick, Agile due to all that basketball learnin'. Good ball skills and run after the catch ability. Would be a project at Tight End but Daniel Fells can be serviceable in the meantime and If this guy can reach his potential we have Kellen Winslow/Antonio Gates Hybrid on our hands that's taller. If he's there TAKE HIM.

Round 5 #2: Danario Alexander WR: Great Size, outstanding leaper, very productive with run after the catch ability. Plays stiff sometimes and apparently has trouble getting in and out of his cuts. Doesn't seem to ahve the acceleration wanted for the position. could be a great Red zone threat and legit receiver with some more coaching. Injury History.

Round 6: Ciron Black RG/RT: Was highly touted before this season. Was a highly durable 4 year anchor on the line for LSU. Big (6'5 322) with good strength and a great run blocker. I'd move him inside as he has trouble with speed rushers and his strength is not at the tackle position IMO. Was seen by some to have been a first second round pick but has watched his stock plummet after under achieving and could possibly fall to us here. Would be great value at a position of need.

Round 7 #1: Legarrette Blount RB: Physical Downhill punisher, Has good speed to break one. Draft stock plummeted due to Boise State incident and character concerns. Physical Specimen with great size. Has steal written all over him.

Round 7 #2: BPA

Now of course this an ideal draft with an outside chance of happening. Will update accordingly. This is all assuming the Rams stay with the picks they have now and don't gain any additional ones.

AtlantaRamFan is offline Registered User

Re: Bralidore's MOCK DRAFT: The Rough Draft

I like it, especially the first two. But only on the assumption that we've somehow acquired a QB of the future some other way. Otherwise, the Rams have no one.

ramhard is offline Registered User

Based on Senior Bowl Results your first 3 are probably in the right place with Weatherspoon the best SB linebacker and could sneak into the bottom of the 1st round. Of your later picks Graham at TE and Blount at RB probably too low (Graham being talked at around 3, and Blount could even move up to 2 but probably 3 or 4th round based on Senior Bowl practice). Selvie has very mixed views by the scouts so could be there in 4 or could be gone by 2.

Bralidore(RAMMODE) is offline Registered User

Yes, ive based this mock draft off the assumption we're either waiting another year for a QB, or picking up one in FA. I don't want nor do i advise the Rams to pick a Quarterback in the first round if they can't trade down and pick up more picks, so this draft is assuming they go ahead and forgo selecting one and make do with either what they have (shudders*) or picks up one.

The Optimistic Lamb is offline Registered User

First 2 picks are defense? And McCluster is an enormous health risk only being, what... 165lbs? I'm not arguing he's not a good player. I just dnt want another Trung Canidate.

I dnt think you improve our offense very much with this draft. Although Alexander would be worth a 4th or 5th rnd pick, he has health issues too!

Dr. Defense is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by The Optimistic Lamb View Post
    First 2 picks are defense? And McCluster is an enormous health risk only being, what... 165lbs? I'm not arguing he's not a good player. I just dnt want another Trung Canidate.
    Darren Sproles, the guy in the nfl that McCluster resembles most in the nfl, is only 185lbs. I am sure once he gets to the nfl and starts working with conditioning coaches, he can put on some weight. Not too worried about him.

However I am curious as to why you selected McCluster AND Blount. Not sure if you want to kick McCluster outside and be a speed/situational receiver and have him return kicks. Or if you are trying to install a 3 back system like the one they have with the giants.

smizzhfx is offline Registered User

Absolutely love this mock. If the chips fell this way, this guy would be on cloud 9. Nice work. Add a QB in FA and this would be perfect.

sdobbers is offline Registered User

What do you guys think about Andre Roberts as a WR for us?

smizzhfx is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sdobbers View Post
    What do you guys think about Andre Roberts as a WR for us?
    Reports out of the senior bowl is that he's looking very good.. good hands and route running. But I think if we're going to spend a 3rd or 4th round pick on a WR it's got to be a big redzone target. Roberts is only listed at 5-9.

ludairv is offline Registered User

the rams are drafting a QB with their first pick...whereever that may be....theyre not gunna complelty open the flood gates of money for SUH ...theyre d-line if healthy has promise....and is serviceable .....it could easily b fixed up in free agency...look at who was injured in the DT spots....makes no sense to waste so much money...in the end this is gunna end up the same way it did for aaron curry....he was "AMAZING" but shouldnt be takin so high since he was an OLB.....
    Last edited by Nick; -01-31-2010 at 11:30 AM. Reason: Leave the insults out next time.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

I don't like taking an outside linebacker and a runningback in the first three rounds. If Selvie is that good, he probably won't be available in the fourth. If we're not going to address the quarterback position and we're not going to take a defensive end until round 4, I'd hope that we at least did something about the offensive line. I feel like this is kind of like treating acne on a cancer patient.

The Optimistic Lamb is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Defense View Post
    Darren Sproles, the guy in the nfl that McCluster resembles most in the nfl, is only 185lbs. I am sure once he gets to the nfl and starts working with conditioning coaches, he can put on some weight. Not too worried about him.
    Are you kidding? McCluster is only 5-8. To add another 30-40 lbs is a huge undertaking! It'd be unnatural for him to weigh over 180.

I hate to judge before people have a chance to play, but taking a player who is 5-8 and 165 lbs is just too far out of the question. Many LB's will be 80-90 lbs heavier and be just as fast. All it takes is one hit from a Ray Lewis type and McCluster's career is over.

(BTW Trung Canidate was 5-11 and 205 lbs. Compared to McCluster, he's a bulldozer.)
    Last edited by The Optimistic Lamb; -01-31-2010 at 03:10 AM.

Fargo Ram Fan is offline Registered User

Blount? Never. No need to target another guy who cant maintain self control when they just jettisoned one this year. If another back is needed late...look no further than RB Pat Paschall of NDSU. Solid citizen with serious skills. Better than Lamar Gordon and did it against better college opponents. This kid can carry the mail. His stock is rising after impressing scouts at the East West Shrine Game. SI.com called him "the top small school player there".
    "You people point your 'f'in' finger and say theres the bad guy....what that make you....good?" Tony Montana

BarronWade is offline Registered User

Suh is good

You already know my opinion on Weatherspoon so i leave that for the other thread

Do you think that Billy D will take a 5-8 under 170 pound back when his foundation for building this team is "getting bigger more physical" remember that last year when he took the job. However That Jimmy Graham is a good player and i think he would be value if we got him here in the 3rd.

Selvie maybe. I mean his senior season was awful. 3.5 sacks and 9.5 tckls for loss NOT GOOD!

At this point in the off-season Alexander is a great pick. But when april comes around i think you will see his name in the 2nd or 3rd round. He is 6-5 215 pounds. Expect a Ramses Bardan type thing. But Alexander has more elite level experience.

Black will fall but not sure that far

Blount is not a 4 pillar player

Again i see what you wrote "outside chance" of happening. But be a bit realistic. Some of those player's stock will rise from the Combine due to there athleticism. This is more a fantasy draft.

quebecramsfan is offline Registered User

I like this Mock and i think withs this Mocki the defense will be fixe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast