Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The Optimistic Lamb is offline Registered User

Re: Bralidore's MOCK DRAFT: The Rough Draft

Quote Originally Posted by BarronWade View Post
    Suh is good

Do you think that Billy D will take a 5-8 under 170 pound back when his foundation for building this team is "getting bigger more physical" remember that last year when he took the job. However That Jimmy Graham is a good player and i think he would be value if we got him here in the 3rd.
    I'm of the opinion that a back-up RB is a bigger need than ppl realize. Most teams have 2 RB's they rotate in and out. Jackson sat out the last couple games. The compressed discs in his back are a sign of overuse. I think Gerhart in the 3rd round round would relieve Jackson and keep him healthy. Does nobody else find the Jackson/Gerhart duo scary as hell?

Pros:
    -Gerhart takes the 3rd and short conversions
    -Jackson stays fresh all game...(think about it)
    -Defenses will be worn out trying to stop 2 huge RB's
    -Jackson will be less likely to be seriously injured during the season
    -We can then cut Darby and Gado

peramoure is offline Registered User

I like a QB in Round 1. I think a team needs to build a team around a QB, not a DT. Difference of opinion, and I am in the minority.

I love Witherspoon in the 2nd. I love McCluster in the 3rd (I think he is such a sleeper). I don't know much about Selvis.

I love the TE in the 5th! LOVE IT. I don't know that he will be there.

Blount I think will go in the top 4 rounds. I would LOVE to have him though. He stomped some of those guys in the Senior Bowl. REMEMBER, Before "the incident" he was top 4 RBs in the country.

I would also like to see us take Myron Rolle, (Rhode Scholar) somewhere in the late rounds. I am a 26 year old guy who made a lot of money in finance and quit my job, moved back to campus so I could get my teaching license and do something more fulfilling. I want him in a Rams uniform.

peramoure is offline Registered User

amazing mock though - with carriker coming back and another dlineman in FA I would rather get a QB than Suh.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by The Optimistic Lamb View Post
    I'm of the opinion that a back-up RB is a bigger need than ppl realize. Most teams have 2 RB's they rotate in and out.
    I disagree. Some teams have 2 RBs that they rotate. Some teams have 3 or more backs they use in a platoon. Some only have one. If you've got the talent, you use it, but Jacksonville didn't mind letting Fred Taylor go as long as they had their premier back in Maurice Jones-Drew. And Tennessee decided to give Chris Johnson the bulk of the carries this season even with Lendale White on the roster, who had split carries the last season. Who did Indy have other than Addai? And how many yards did Chester Taylor get behind Adrian Peterson last season?

Sure, you have some teams that have had a lot of success with multiple runningbacks. Carolina, Dallas, and the NY Jets come to mind. However, I think it's an exaggeration to say that the trend extends to most of the league, and there's no point in investing heavily in the running game unless you have a good defense because if you get too far behind, at some point you're going to have to throw to catch up.
    Last edited by Goldenfleece; -01-31-2010 at 06:14 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12