View Poll Results: Would you trade our second round pick for Brandon Marshall?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES!

36 58.06%
  • No, too much bagage.

26 41.94%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

Re: Brandon Marshall could be had for a second rounder?

Quote Originally Posted by cfh128 View Post
    Tholtfan, TO last year, Vick and Marshall this year.... have you ever wanted the Rams to sign a player that DIDN'T have character issues?
    I admit I was wrong on TO. Way too old now.

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ramblin` Ram View Post
    I`m sure he wanted Plaxico & Pacman too..
    ...no. Pacman sucks, and Plaxico will be 34 when released...no thanks.

Plus, this thread is about Brandon Marshall and if you would want us to trade our second round pick for him...nothing else

TheRammer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by cfh128 View Post
    Tholtfan, TO last year, Vick and Marshall this year.... have you ever wanted the Rams to sign a player that DIDN'T have character issues?
    lol dam i woulldn't like TO whatsoever but Marshall is different...

molar_pistol is offline Registered User

some of you are nuts..i don't care about his "issues," dude is a top 3-5 receiver in this league today and has plenty to go. there's no way a 2nd rounder is more valuable than him, in fact i'd say this article is ridiculous and there's no way he goes for anything less than a first rounder.

The Optimistic Lamb is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by molar_pistol View Post
    some of you are nuts..i don't care about his "issues," dude is a top 3-5 receiver in this league today and has plenty to go. there's no way a 2nd rounder is more valuable than him, in fact i'd say this article is ridiculous and there's no way he goes for anything less than a first rounder.
    Are you kidding, "issues" plays a huge part in a players production. Usually a bad effect. Players with "issues" usually self-destruct on a bad team.

He's better suited for a playoff team. Not a rebuilding team with a bunch of youngsters. I still like AvengerRam's idea of picking up Demmaryus Thomas in the 2nd round. Brandon Lafell is likely to be available too. Either one is an instant starter.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

..i don't care about his "issues"
    Yeah... and the last time Spagnuolo heard someone say that, it was in reference to Plaxico Burress.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

I would give it up. Why not? Hes a talented receiver and I personally think hes one of the best in the business. I hate why all you guys are against having an unreal player like him. Yes he had a little whining issue.. so what? Hes an animal and would be a true playmaker with us. We have 10% of a chance of drafting a guy that comes anywhere near Marshall's skills.

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

Absolutely, he is a top 5 wideout in the league.

cfh128 is offline Registered User

I think you are underestimating how problematic these "issues" are. Everybody knows that the TOs and Brandon Marshalls of the world are dynamic talents, but yet their own teams want to get rid of them. Aside from the in-house issues Marshall has had with Denver, he has also had several run ins with the law and will likely be suspended by the league if any more of these problems arise.

That being said... I do agree that Marshall is a top notch playmaker and unlike most of the other problem children that become available, I wouldn't be opposed to making a trade for him. I think a second rounder is too much to commit to a player who is one incident away from being suspended, but I think I'd do it for a third.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by thermobee View Post
    I understand where you guys are going with this, but what you have to realize is that you cant go with just intelligent, nice ( 4 pillars ) type of players. One or two "bad boys" can bring in the talent and attitude that we are lacking. Plus one or two of those guys are much easier for a coach and gm to handle. I would be against trading #33 but if we possibly get into a trade situation where we trade down and acquire another 2nd rounder than hells yeah, JUST DO IT.
    Don't fall for the media's trap. Arrogance and bad attitude are not synonymous with talent.

Four pillars is about finding intelligent team players that are talented. Not just scooping up nice guys.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Pro Bowl wideout unquestionable top 10 WR talent in the league in his prime. Even with his off field issues he plays hard on game day and is instantly any QBs dream wideout. I would take the baggage for a 26 year old with his talent level the guy is an elite playmaker and last time I checked the Rams haven't had one outside of Steven Jackson and Torry holt a couple years ago.

thermobee is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Don't fall for the media's trap. Arrogance and bad attitude are not synonymous with talent.

Four pillars is about finding intelligent team players that are talented. Not just scooping up nice guys.
    But he has so much talent its not even funny. He is one of those receivers that the ball just needs to be thrown somewhere around him and thats more than enough for him.

TheRammer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 39thebeast View Post
    Pro Bowl wideout unquestionable top 10 WR talent in the league in his prime.. I would take the baggage for a 26 year old with his talent level the guy is an elite playmaker and last time I checked the Rams haven't had one outside of Steven Jackson and Torry holt a couple years ago.
    Exactly and the baggage you guys are tlaking about are minor issues.
    1. He had domestic issues which are not all that bad in themselves
    2. He was ok in the lockerroom and his team until he felt insulted by his HC Daniels saying he was expenable for the comments he made about Cutler leaving.. hell I don't blame him the Qb is the closest person he deals with and they were friends...

There is no comparsion between Marshall and Plaxico or TO from their normal off the wall crap...

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

If he's unhappy in Denver, which has a large, loyal following, great media coverage, and is the biggest story in town, he's going to hate being in St. Louis, which struggles to sell out games, headlines the list of NFL teams that people forget exists, gets minimal coverage outside of the city, and plays second fiddle at best to a baseball team.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    If he's unhappy in Denver, which has a large, loyal following, great media coverage, and is the biggest story in town, he's going to hate being in St. Louis, which struggles to sell out games, headlines the list of NFL teams that people forget exists, gets minimal coverage outside of the city, and plays second fiddle at best to a baseball team.
    Sorry but this post makes absolutely no sense at all. Could you please give us evidence where people forget the Rams are in the NFL? Where they getting minimal coverage when they were going to the playoffs? I'm hoping this post was just a joke.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast