View Poll Results: Would you trade our second round pick for Brandon Marshall?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES!

    36 58.06%
  • No, too much bagage.

    26 41.94%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 76
  1. #61
    HUbison's Avatar
    HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Kentucky
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,612
    Rep Power
    145

    Re: Brandon Marshall could be had for a second rounder?

    Quote Originally Posted by Varg6 View Post
    Indeed Hub, but you can't deny that, for example, the Cowboys get a lot more attention than most teams. I think there's definitely a bias on ESPN's coverage(s).
    Certainly. No doubt.

    The Cowboys do get a lot of coverage; the Patriots get a lot of coverage; the Steelers and Packers get good (for small markets) coverage. Many teams get more than the Rams.

    I just can't agree with the notion the Rams are a "forgotten" team.

    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

  2. #62
    RebelYell's Avatar
    RebelYell is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    St. Louis ,Missouri
    Posts
    2,362
    Rep Power
    44

    Re: Brandon Marshall could be had for a second rounder?

    Winning teams always get commented on more. That's just the way things work. Are the Chiefs, Bills or Seahawks commented on more than the Rams? I think not. Doesn't mean any of them are forgotten.

  3. #63
    Goldenfleece's Avatar
    Goldenfleece is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    3,586
    Rep Power
    60

    Re: Brandon Marshall could be had for a second rounder?

    Quote Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post
    Winning teams always get commented on more. That's just the way things work. Are the Chiefs, Bills or Seahawks commented on more than the Rams? I think not. Doesn't mean any of them are forgotten.
    Are you sure the Bills didn't join the CFL? I don't think I've heard anything about them since they signed TO.

  4. #64
    PeoriaRam's Avatar
    PeoriaRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,173
    Rep Power
    40

    Re: Brandon Marshall could be had for a second rounder?

    Quote Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post
    Winning teams always get commented on more. That's just the way things work. Are the Chiefs, Bills or Seahawks commented on more than the Rams? I think not. Doesn't mean any of them are forgotten.
    They are indeed commented on more than the Rams. As are the Lions and Raiders.

  5. #65
    01d 0rd3r's Avatar
    01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    1,259
    Rep Power
    28

    Re: Brandon Marshall could be had for a second rounder?

    Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    They are indeed commented on more than the Rams. As are the Lions and Raiders.
    The Lions are commented on because they are the only team to go 0-16, they are of public interest because of this dubious honor, they are also the constant underdog of the NFL.

    The Raiders are the perennial laughing of the league, if you need a good laugh on espn you just check and see what Al Davis has done in the past month.


    The Cheifs are certainly no commented on more then the rams, and the Seahakws were not either until the signed Caroll.

    Your argument is invalid, the Rams are in no way forgotten, or out of public interest. In fact they are probably the most brought up team in the league right now due to them having the #1 draft pick.

  6. #66
    PeoriaRam's Avatar
    PeoriaRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,173
    Rep Power
    40

    Re: Brandon Marshall could be had for a second rounder?

    Quote Originally Posted by 01d 0rd3r View Post
    The Lions are commented on because they are the only team to go 0-16, they are of public interest because of this dubious honor, they are also the constant underdog of the NFL.

    The Raiders are the perennial laughing of the league, if you need a good laugh on espn you just check and see what Al Davis has done in the past month.


    The Cheifs are certainly no commented on more then the rams, and the Seahakws were not either until the signed Caroll.

    Your argument is invalid, the Rams are in no way forgotten, or out of public interest. In fact they are probably the most brought up team in the league right now due to them having the #1 draft pick.
    So commented upon that John Clayton, who is paid to know better, thinks Chris Long is a DT.

  7. #67
    Goldenfleece's Avatar
    Goldenfleece is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    3,586
    Rep Power
    60

    Re: Brandon Marshall could be had for a second rounder?

    Right, so about that kid Marshall...I really like how the guy plays. Good size, very physical, makes plays after the catch. They say he's one of the hardest receivers in the league to bring down. Good blocker, too. I think if you're going to take a gamble on character, he's the kind of talent you'd consider it for. Just wish he wasn't Pac-man Jones off the field.

  8. #68
    RebelYell's Avatar
    RebelYell is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    St. Louis ,Missouri
    Posts
    2,362
    Rep Power
    44

    Re: Brandon Marshall could be had for a second rounder?

    Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    They are indeed commented on more than the Rams. As are the Lions and Raiders.
    You can keep making these statements yet you never provide evidence or facts.

  9. #69
    PeoriaRam's Avatar
    PeoriaRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,173
    Rep Power
    40

    Re: Brandon Marshall could be had for a second rounder?

    Quote Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post
    You can keep making these statements yet you never provide evidence or facts.
    The board bans links. That kind of hurts any attempt to make an argument.

  10. #70
    TheRammer Guest

    Re: Brandon Marshall could be had for a second rounder?

    Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Do they really? Or is that just a perception from a fan of one particular team who expects to see his team more than the actual coverage they receive?

    Even by law of averages we're only going to get 1/32nd of the NFL coverage.
    really you think? theres 32 teams in the NFL?

  11. #71
    TheRammer Guest

    Re: Brandon Marshall could be had for a second rounder?

    Quote Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post
    You can keep making these statements yet you never provide evidence or facts.
    As he stated before John Clayton thinks Chris Long is a DT perfect example...

  12. #72
    C-Mob 71's Avatar
    C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    S. Illinois
    Posts
    1,506
    Rep Power
    45

    Re: Brandon Marshall could be had for a second rounder?

    Billy Devaney, Spags, and Steven Jackson have been all over ESPN the last couple weeks. No one is forgetting about the Rams.

    Anyways, I really can't believe people would not trade our second round pick for a Pro Bowl stud wide receiver. Sure he has issues, but come on, several of those are wrong place wrong time, freak happenstance, and dropped charges. I think if he goes to a city/ team/ coach that respects him and praises him, not treat him like a child or a problem, it would do wonders for is maturity.

    He would bring an element to our offense that we are sorely lacking, man he would open up so much,
    For S Jax's running lanes- no more 8 men in the box
    For Avery going deep- no more double teams or safeties over the top
    For our QB (whoever that will be)- a sure hot read to go to in a pinch
    For our O line- not as many blitzes, they will have to focus more players on Marshall
    For our young WRs underneath- if Marshall, Avery, and/or Robinson go deep, Ammendola, Gibson, and/or Burton will tear it up in the short game.

    The more I talk about it, the more I feel this has to happen

  13. #73
    PeoriaRam's Avatar
    PeoriaRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,173
    Rep Power
    40

    Re: Brandon Marshall could be had for a second rounder?

    He almost sustained a career-ending injury putting his fist through a TV whilst roughousing with relatives. That's Mike Matheny hunting knife stupid. We don't need that brand of stupid.

  14. #74
    C-Mob 71's Avatar
    C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    S. Illinois
    Posts
    1,506
    Rep Power
    45

    Re: Brandon Marshall could be had for a second rounder?

    Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    He almost sustained a career-ending injury putting his fist through a TV whilst roughousing with relatives. That's Mike Matheny hunting knife stupid. We don't need that brand of stupid.
    Brandon Marshall is like Mike Matheny? What heck are we waiting for, get this kid in horns tomorrow.

    In order to persuade us to not want him, you compare him to one of the most beloved figures in St. Louis?

    Thanks for the help!

  15. #75
    PeoriaRam's Avatar
    PeoriaRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,173
    Rep Power
    40

    Re: Brandon Marshall could be had for a second rounder?

    Quote Originally Posted by C-Mob 71 View Post
    Brandon Marshall is like Mike Matheny? What heck are we waiting for, get this kid in horns tomorrow.

    In order to persuade us to not want him, you compare him to one of the most beloved figures in St. Louis?

    Thanks for the help!
    He is only like Matheny in that he had an incredibly stupid injury that reflects quite poorly on his intelligence.

    And if St. Louis really likes Matheny despite that injury that took him down before the playoffs, well, why is there such a double standard in how this market treats baseball players versus football players?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Brandon Marshall our no.1 free agent WR?
    By TheRammer in forum DRAFT & FA
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: -01-04-2010, 08:30 AM
  2. Brandon Marshall Anyone ?
    By jerseyramsfan in forum NFL TALK
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: -06-22-2009, 12:59 AM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: -06-22-2009, 12:47 AM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: -07-21-2007, 05:28 PM
  5. Marshall Faulk
    By laram0 in forum Articles by laram0
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: -02-19-2007, 01:35 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •