Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    39thebeast is offline Registered User

Bring on the heat Beast 3.0

FREE AGENCY (Uncapped year)

O.J. Otogwe, FS, Rams- Gotta bring him back, he is playmaker that's hard to find

Ben Watson, TE, Patriots- Good receiver and Red Zone threat, gives alot of matchup problems and just another weapon the Rams need

Rashad Jeanty, OLB, Bengals- RFA, but the Bengals are deep enough to let him go. He will start at SLB and move Vobora to WLB where he is better suited

Chester Taylor, RB, Vikings- He is getting old in RB years, but he still gets it done. Ogobonaya has a very similar skill set and Taylor backs up S-Jax and helps groom Ogbonaya in his mold.

Chris Redman, QB, Falcons- Devaney will go for a QB he knows to be his backup. Redman is old, but he gives you just as much as Bulger at a much cheaper price and is only 2 years older.

Karl Paymah, CB, Vikings- Vikes have depth at CB so Paymah walks. He will get a shot to start, but will probably be the nickel back with a healthy Flethcer and Bartell starting.

Draft

1. Jimmy Claussen, QB, Notre Dame

Before you click the X because this isn't Suh, here me out. He is Franchise QB. He has the accuracy and the arm. He make things work in the pocket when in trouble. He can rally his team in the 4th quarter. The most underacted aspect about his games and is one the most important part of any QB is his toughness. He is tough and played through an injury that required surgery and still put up excellent numbers. He lead one of the best offenses in the NCAA, but on the other side his defense let him down and that reflected in the record. I am assuming Claussen wows Devaney and company on tape, in his interviews, and in April Work outs. They will be convinced he is franchise QB and decide to pass on Suh. If they can get a trade down with the Bucs they'll take it and still get that their guy. Cards put up 51 against the second best defense in the league just think about that and the fact that they are in our division.

2. Demaryius Thomas, WR, Georgia Tech.

The Rams could go D-Line here, but the Rams are in desperate need for elite type playmakers on offense and Jimmy Claussen needs weapons. 6'3 230 and a great blocker. He is raw as a receiver, but he has all the tools to be a Brandon Marshall type of player. Even in the triple option he found ways to make big plays as receiver. Laurant Robinson has the size and speed to be a great number 2 opposite Thomas as long as he stays healthy. The Rams offense will be young and explosive with Thomas, Robinson, Claussen, and S-Jax and a solid line when healthy. Unless Kurt Warner Retires you are going to have to score points to win the division. 51 points on the second best defense in the NFL?!?! Is that a joke

3. Lamar Houston, DT, Texas

DT is the deepest position in this draft. Houston is great penetrating UT who will get in the backfield and get some sacks. He and Clifton Ryan will be a great duo, with Scott and Carriker coming off the bench. Ryan top 3 among DTs in tackles for loss one of the most underatted players in all of the NFL. Houston, Ryan, and Scott with a rapidly developing Chris Long under the tutelage of Spags could be a great young line

4. Austen Lane, DE, Murray State

Could be the final piece to Spags great young line. He will start off as a situational guy, but has tremendous pass rush skills. He could go high as the late second, but I think he will fall like another 1AA DE Lawrence Sidburry did

5. Perry Riley, OLB, LSU

Fast athletic LB, who would come instantly and fight Vobora for his spot. At least he is good depth and a special teamer.

5. Jared Veldheer, OT, Hillsdale

6'8 320 and athletic. Dominated D2 and was the best lineman in all of D2. He will learn behind Goldberg who will be a stop gap at tackle once again. Smith, Bell, Brown, Grecco/Setterstrom, and Veldheer will do a great job blocking for S-Jax and protecting Claussen for years.

6. Van Eskridge, S, Eastern Carolina

Center fielder more of a cover safety. Adds another dimension to the Rams safety crew also a special teamer.

7. Reggie Stephens, OG, Iowa State

Big Physical guard. Did a great job against Suh, he is a steal this low. Great depth especially if our guards end up getting banged up again.

7. Chris Cook, CB, Virginia

Big Physical corner with good ball skills. Seeing the Rams CB don't have any ball skills he could help out. He will compete for the Dime job with Justin King and Quincy Butler.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Re: Bring on the heat Beast 3.0

I love it. I am a little disappointed without Suh of course, since I'm wearing the Suh hats and all, but you make valid points. Remember, if we can't get Suh and end up taking Claussen, there is always Fred Robbins from New York we may be able to sign on our team via Free Agency.

I love it!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Devaney, if you care about this team... fire the offensive coordinator!!!!

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

I like this draft, I feel we could have picked a DT in Round 2, and WR in Round 3. But I absolutely love the Jimmy Clausen pick!
    RamsFan16

AlwaysBackwards is offline Registered User

If Jahvid Best Or Golden Tate Are There At The Top Of Round 2 Do We Take Any Of Them Over Demaryius Thomas? If The Rams Are Gonna Take Clausen They Have To Trade Down or Else Its A Waste To Draft Clausen So High. Heres A Video That Made Me Fall In Love With Golden Tate And Jimmy Clausen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkqYq7yLIyY

Golden Tate Will Eisely Make Me Forget On Passing Up Desean Jackson
    Last edited by AlwaysBackwards; -01-11-2010 at 06:53 AM.

The Optimistic Lamb is offline Registered User

Do you guys think that Clausen is so "outrageously talented" that there will not be another like him next year? Year after? Seriously?
    There's no need to rush to pick a QB until there is an obvious choice. Cuz if Clausen does not live up to the franchise name tag, that's the end of this regime, the rams, etc. We'll fall apart again, just as we're trying to pick up all the pieces.
    Last edited by The Optimistic Lamb; -01-11-2010 at 08:10 AM.

BM_Face is offline Registered User

I agree with TOL, Clausen does not offer talent enough to pass on Suh. Suh has a once-in-a-generation talent.
    A defeated look of consternation, dissappointment, or even pain. The name derives from the look one often gets when challenged by a large BM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Optimistic Lamb View Post
    Do you guys think that Clausen is so "outrageously talented" that there will not be another like him next year? Year after? Seriously?
    There's no need to rush to pick a QB until there is an obvious choice. Cuz if Clausen does not live up to the franchise name tag, that's the end of this regime, the rams, etc. We'll fall apart again, just as we're trying to pick up all the pieces.
    We've skipped a franchise QB the last damn years. We cannot afford to waste another year with crap for future at QB.

Clausen is a great player and would help us tremendously.

He's my #1.

Reggie Bush was once and a lifetime talent as well * rolls eyes *. I'm not sold on Suh ( health lack of technique for NFL )
    Last edited by RamsFan16; -01-11-2010 at 02:51 PM.
    RamsFan16

shower beers is offline Registered User

I would draft Austen Lane, only if he reacted the same way as that photo when we picked him.

IMO the Rams have waited long enough to get a Franchise QB. If you want to rebuild you are going to have to get one. The point in selecting Claussen is that you are as sure as possible that he will live up to the billing. Is there a guy in pro style offense who is going to put up a 7:1 TD to interception ratio in the future, IMO no thats not going to happen. Outrageously talented on Peyton Mannings level? No not that, but I think he can be a Aaron Rodgers or even a Drew Brees type of QB and that is why you select him.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysBackwards View Post
    If Jahvid Best Or Golden Tate Are There At The Top Of Round 2 Do We Take Any Of Them Over Demaryius Thomas? If The Rams Are Gonna Take Clausen They Have To Trade Down or Else Its A Waste To Draft Clausen So High. Heres A Video That Made Me Fall In Love With Golden Tate And Jimmy Clausen

YouTube - Golden Tate-ND

Golden Tate Will Eisely Make Me Forget On Passing Up Desean Jackson
    Tate would be the pick if available, but I could see him being the second WR off the board behind Dez Bryant.

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16 View Post
    We've skipped a franchise QB the last damn years. We cannot afford to waste another year with crap for future at QB.

Clausen is a great player and would help us tremendously.

He's my #1.

Reggie Bush was once and a lifetime talent as well * rolls eyes *. I'm not sold on Suh ( health lack of technique for NFL )

I understand your concern. We've made a lot of dumb draft mistakes. That's why I'm hesitant to slap our franchise tag on just any 'ol QB. I want a QB that is the undisputed best player of a draft. I don't want a 70 million dollar bust.

Forget about Suh. You actually think Clausen is irreplaceable? Say he was in last year's draft, you would take Clausen over Stafford or Sanchez?
    Last edited by The Optimistic Lamb; -01-11-2010 at 04:47 PM.

I'd take him over Sanchez and it'd be a coin flip for Clausen/Stafford. Stafford has great arm strength and good accuracy. Clausen has amazing accuracy and good arm strength.
    RamsFan16

Warner4prez is offline Registered User

Love the Austen Lane pick. I got him in a mock that I'm working on too. Would rather see us grab a corner before another safety though, otherwise looks pretty solid.

I'm hoping the Rams will play up drafting Suh quite a bit though and maybe fish for a trade because I believe that Clausen would still be there at 3 maybe even all the way down to 5 if we can trade down. I

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16 View Post
    I'd take him over Sanchez and it'd be a coin flip for Clausen/Stafford.
    Okay... you're entitled to your own opinion. Personally, I dont think Clausen is better than Sanchez or Stafford. If he was down further, maybe around 10, he'd be worth consideration.

I'm of the opinion we need to plug other holes first before we pay a guy 70 million dollars to get hammered. A QB can't do much when people don't block and people don't catch.
    Last edited by The Optimistic Lamb; -01-11-2010 at 06:43 PM.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Okay... you're entitled to your own opinion. Personally, I dont think Clausen is better than Sanchez or Stafford. If he was down further, maybe around 10, he'd be worth consideration.

I'm of the opinion we need to plug other holes first before we pay a guy 70 million dollars to get hammered. A QB can't do much when people don't block and people don't catch.
    Win.

That is my biggest concern. I was skeptical about Stafford being picked by Detroit last year. I like the kid, he's one of the players I keep a close eye on. But we saw this year, his defense let up a ton of points against them and he was getting clobbered day in, day out.

If I'm investing 60 million in someone, they need to contribute day one. Frankly, I don't think Jimmy will do that for us. Ndamukong, on the other hand, will.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Devaney, if you care about this team... fire the offensive coordinator!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast