Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    general counsel is offline Registered User

Bring me the head of the hawk!

I think aj hawk helps us a lot more than jimmy williams. Any thoughts on that from the group. seems as if we have a better shot of williams being around at #8, but i really think we need the impact linebacker more.

Ramming speed to all, keep ike and sign big grease,

general counsel

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Re: Bring me the head of the hawk!

i really think we need hawk,i dont know if he will be there,but he is a big time player,one that we need.

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

We will probrably take a Wide Reciever first round knowing our mess ups lately.
    RamsFan16

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

What would really screw us up is if some of the juniors (Mario Williams, Vince Young, Haloti Ngata, Brady Quinn) don't come out. That pushes up the stock of the LBs and DBs that we need.

But if those guys all come out and DeAngelo Williams and Ferguson do well at the combine and Leinert and Bush don't break a leg or anything...........then we could get Hawk.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

general counsel is offline Registered User

I dont know how someone could complain about 'all the screwups lately" draft wise when we just got alex barron with the #19 pick this year, a guy that will be a franchise right tackle for us for years to come. Bartell has a pulse, hedgehung is a starter as a #7 pick, terrell is a possible starter as a #4, book out on oj, everyone seems to like richie the I's upside. Fitz still has a shot at the backup job as a #7 pick.

We have many problems, but i dont think that the 2005 draft class is really one of them.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16
    No, no. You're thinking of Detroit.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Blankman17 is offline Registered User

I'm not totally sold on A.J., even after watching him play since his freshman season. However, I'll be watching him closely vs. Notre Dame whom he has potential to have a banner day against.

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

What about Bobby Carpenter?

Bobby Carpenter LB 6í3 255 Ohio St.
    By: Robert Davis

Bobby Carpenter is a part of arguably the best linebacking group in the country. He teams with A.J. Hawk and Anthony Schlegel to form the heart and soul of the Ohio St. team this season. As a sophomore in 2003, Carpenter played in a part time role, but still managed to finish the year with 37 tackles, 6.5 for loss, and 4.5 sacks. In his first year as a starter in 2004, he was in on more plays, tallying 93 tackles, 6.5 for loss, 2 sacks, and 3 interceptions.

Carpenter is a jumbo linebacker at the college level. You do not see too many 250+ linebackers that are quick enough to play in space. But Carpenter can. He is a good athlete, moves around the field fluidly, and closes very well on the ball. He plays hard on the field, and does not shy away from contact. He is strong and can take on a block, get off and bring down the ball carrier.

There isnít much to not like about Carpenter. He may not be the 6í3 listed, but thatís being picky. Even though he is a good athlete, he does not always display it in coverage. He can have trouble when isolated in space.

Bobby Carpenter doesnít have the upside of a lot of the linebackers in this draft, but he looks like a safe bet to be a solid NFL linebacker. He has really taken off the past two years, and become a bonafide Day One draft pick at linebacker.
    Sounds like he would be an impact player, with the proper coaching.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

What about Bobby Carpenter?
    It's a shame, he's had to play in Hawk's shadow, because Carpenter is a stud in his own rights. He is one of a half-dozen LBs that I think are on the fringe of the first round and hopefully will fall to us in the early 2nd round.

If he were here, I think he could start at SOLB from day 1.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Truth is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    What would really screw us up is if some of the juniors (Mario Williams, Vince Young, Haloti Ngata, Brady Quinn) don't come out. That pushes up the stock of the LBs and DBs that we need.
    Has Bush committed to the NFL draft yet? I don't remember him saying he was coming out. I thought he was going to make his decision after the Rose Bowl.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Truth
    Has Bush committed to the NFL draft yet? I don't remember him saying he was coming out. I thought he was going to make his decision after the Rose Bowl.
    ESPN reported a couple days ago that, according to a local paper, Bush has in fact declared.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

steviej is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16
    I don't think we should take a Wide Reciever 1st round because, we already have some good recievers. Kevin Curtis, Torry Holt and somewhat...Issac Bruce.:clanram:
    :clanram: Let's Go Rams!! We will trample you!!!!

RamJackson39 is offline Registered User

I'll be happy with either Hawk, Ryans or Greenway. In that order.
    The Roman and The Prince. Playmakers until the end.

Rampage39 is offline Registered User

rookie linebackers have a much greater impact than rookie defensive backs. my first choice would be hawk then super mario. i believe either of those two can bring a pulse back to our defense.

Blankman17 is offline Registered User

Give me Greenway or even Abdul Hodge over Hawk at this point. Both Hawkeyes who have turned in solid performances over their careers. A.J. just has a tendency to play soft at times and has struggled a bit vs. coverage.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast