Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Nick
  • 1 Post By RebelYell

Thread: Browns #4 Pick Ryan Tannehill ??? (in Jim Mora "Playoffs" voice)

richtree is offline Registered User

Browns #4 Pick Ryan Tannehill ??? (in Jim Mora "Playoffs" voice)

SI's Peter King believes Texas A&M QB Ryan Tannehill may not last beyond the draft's first four picks.

If interest in Tannehill continues to grow, the Browns could be in excellent position to auction off No. 4 pick. That is, of course, if they decide not to draft him. Tannehill's next, and perhaps last, opportunity to solidify himself as a surefire top-eight pick will come at his March 28 Pro Day. -- Peter King

I really don't understand the love for this kid. He was a wide receiver turned QB. He reminds me of a middle infielder throwing the football across the diamond, the way a shortstop does.
    He obviously is a great athlete, but I am not a QB expert....

At first I thought this was Cleveland's way of driving the price even further down for Matt Flynn, but then Peter King talks about Cleveland trading the pick?????

Who else wants him at 4 or even 6 ????????? I DON'T GET IT AT ALL....

EITHER WAY THIS IS GREAT GREAT GREAT NEWS FOR THE RAMS......

The Rams have a better chance a getting "their guy" (Blackmon, Trent, etc..) or even more value for a trade.....

Can someone compare this kid to a successful QB -- so far this best comparison I can think of is Drew Bledsoe, but he doesn't have that kind of arm; ? does he????

Most perplexing prospect I have ever seen.....

BUT GOOD FOR RAMS !!!!!!!!!

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Browns #4 Pick Ryan Tannehill ??? (in Jim Mora "Playoffs" voice)

Rambos and Tampa_Ram like this.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

After Christian Ponder went at No. 12 last year (I had him as a very late first round pick at best), I'm willing to believe anything when it comes to drafting QBs.

Certainly, that would be a good thing for the Rams, as they'd have two, rather than one, of the "Big 4" (Kalil, Claiborne, Blackmon, Richardson) to choose from.

codeman123 is offline Registered User

If you need a quarterback, the value goes way up (in the same way the value goes down for RBs). A less talented player will go higher because of the value of quarterback. If a team wants Tannehill, they know that he absolutely won't make it into the second round, let alone past KC. Miami is beleived to take him, so he won't pass 8 most likely.

As far as Cleveland goes, either they have to take him, OR they trade their pick to a team lower in the draft like they do every year. Cleveland is the easiest trading partner, so a team might need to jump to 4 if they want Tannehill just to get the better deal from Cleveland. This would secure Richardson and Blackmon most likely. Best news the Rams can hear on draft day is Tannehill going at 4.

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

I heard Mike Lombardi talk about RT at #4 on Path to the Draft, which shocked me, but these days a franchise QB is worth a whole lot. It also got me to thinking, what if Tennessee gets Peyton Manning? Does that enable Mike Holmgren to re-unite with Matt Hasselbeck as a bridge to next year when Matt Barkley and others come out, OR is Jake Locker now available in a trade. Food for thought. Regardless this could bode very well for the Rams at #6.

Go Rams!

Rambos is offline Registered User

Here is a thought, now the Vikes are saying they are not so high on Kalil. If the Phins at 8 and the Seattle at 12 want to make sure they land a QB. Maybe one of those teams jumps up to three overall in front of the Browns who need a QB. Seattle is bringing in Flynn to interview but I'm hearing Flynn is not going to get handed big money and a starting job, he's going to have to earn it.

Another way to have a chance at two of the "Big 4" (Kalil, Claiborne, Blackmon, Richardson).

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Tannehill is better than Luck or RG3 and any team interested in winning should be motivated to trade up and get him. From what I can tell, they better do it at the #6 position and the going rate is your first and second round pick this year and a 1st next year.

If you want to sell tickets, do it now.
    Shan the Ram Man likes this.

Shan the Ram Man is offline Registered User

You tell them RebelYell!
    Lets blow up his stock value. I wouldn't mind taking Seattles 1st & 2nd this year and their 1st next year. For a Ex WR with 19 QB starts. (but he does have the measureables to be a good QB)