throwback week

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Browns fan here, why i dont think you should expect much from the Browns in a trade

Brownsfan5 Guest

Browns fan here, why i dont think you should expect much from the Browns in a trade

Or even a trade at all.

IMO Cleveland wont offer up more then #4 #22 or #37 and next years 1st or 2nd (so 3 of 5 picks) and if its #22, it will be next years 2nd, or #37 will be next years 1st. its very well known around Cleveland Holmgren loves Matt Barkley and if he entered the draft, he wouldnt have been able to run up to the podium fast enough. yes even to pass up RGIII. if Washington does offer up 2 1's a 2 and 3 and next year high pick, you can forget Cleveland even calling the Rams because they also supposedly have Trent Richardson as high as RGIII (1A and 1B) and they could trade down to say Carolina who needs a WR and takes blackmon and get their #1 next year to secure 2 probable top 10-15 Picks to get ammo for Barkley if they need to trade up

trust me Rams folks, theirs a reason their is smoke that the Browns havent shown alot of interest in giving up alot to move up

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Browns fan here, why i dont think you should expect much from the Browns in a tra

If I were a Browns fan, that's exactly what I would want to tell Rams fans as well.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Brownsfan5 Guest

Re: Browns fan here, why i dont think you should expect much from the Browns in a tra

and if i was a rams fan, what the Redskins are offering is what i would hope to get as well
    whats your point? the Browns Will NOT give up alot, deal with it and move on

Rammed is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Brownsfan5 View Post
    and if i was a rams fan, what the Redskins are offering is what i would hope to get as well
    Always good to hear from someone inside the Browns organisation......

Jd_UK is offline Registered User
    I think we should take his word for it, move on guys nothin else to see here.

QUINNtessentialTruth is offline Registered User

Thats fine with us, we will trade with redskins.

All YOU need to know is. If the Browns and SKins want to move up to 2, the rams will be in the drivers seat. And believe me after RGIIIs pro-day. We WILL be in the drivers seat. Thank you for your awesome insiders info though Mike Holmgreens toenail clipping man!

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

the Browns Will NOT give up alot, deal with it and move on
    Bold statement from someone who has never spoken with Mike Holmgren.

Ultimately, maybe the Browns pony up, maybe they don't; couldn't care less either way. Because some team will pony up for it.

But let's not say silly things like Holmgren has Trent Richardson as high as RG3. No elite RB prospect is going to be held as high as an elite QB prospect. Not in this NFL.
    Truth, THOLTFAN81, TekeRam and 1 others like this.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

RebelYell is offline Registered User

its very well known around Cleveland Holmgren loves Matt Barkley and if he entered the draft,
    Browns fans should be thrilled to hear that the franchise is planning on sucking again next year and will be doing nothing to better the situation in anticipation of drafting Barkley in 2013.

The Browns go up against Falco, Andy Dalton and Big Ben and their plan of action is to hold the line? I'm guessing this poster isn't really a Browns fan.

edit: Let's review the history of Mike Holmgren.
    Starts out in San Fran with Joe Montana.
    Moves to Green Bay and makes the trade for Favre.
    He moves to Seattle and makes a trade to get Hasselbeck
    He moves to Cleveland. What are the odds he's looking to acquire a franchise type QB? ASAP? Colt McCoy might be that guy if it weren't for the concussions.
    Last edited by RebelYell; -02-29-2012 at 03:07 PM.

DE_Ramfan is offline Registered User

You cannot bank on next year. Ever. No one knows what will happen between now and next year. If you sit around waiting to draft a QB next year you'll be wondering why you don't have a QB next year. Unless the Browns plan on Blowing for Barkley (in more ways than one I wager) you take the chance you have now and make the trade. Who's to say that Cleveland will be able to trade up next year anyway? Maybe that team will need Barkley then you're boned. You KNOW the Rams are trading this pick. Fine, let the Skins have him. Enjoy your running game in a passing league.

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Or even a trade at all.

IMO Cleveland wont offer up more then #4 #22 or #37 and next years 1st or 2nd (so 3 of 5 picks) and if its #22, it will be next years 2nd, or #37 will be next years 1st. its very well known around Cleveland Holmgren loves Matt Barkley and if he entered the draft, he wouldnt have been able to run up to the podium fast enough. yes even to pass up RGIII. if Washington does offer up 2 1's a 2 and 3 and next year high pick, you can forget Cleveland even calling the Rams because they also supposedly have Trent Richardson as high as RGIII (1A and 1B) and they could trade down to say Carolina who needs a WR and takes blackmon and get their #1 next year to secure 2 probable top 10-15 Picks to get ammo for Barkley if they need to trade up

trust me Rams folks, theirs a reason their is smoke that the Browns havent shown alot of interest in giving up alot to move up
    Whether this is the case or not one thing is for certain, after two years of watching the Browms suck canal water Mr. Holmgren had better start winning some games quickly or he won't be around to slobber over Matt Barkley next year.

I've been reading this kind of stuff from certain Browns fans in another venue and I just can't understand it. Mostly their arguments seem to center on the concept that know really knows if Colt McCoy cannot be a franchise-quality QB. And it they just build the team up around him then he will explode and move into the upper echelon of the league.

While I suppose an argument can be made for this I just can't see it myself. How can a team that has to compete against the likes of Rothlisberger, Flacco and now Dalton even consider passing on a guy like Griffin?

Bottom line: the only way the Browns will be in the Barkley sweepstakes next year is if they go something like 2 - 14. And if this happens you can bet there will be an entirely new regime in Cleveland as Holmgren and quite likely Pat Shurmer will be looking for new jobs.

Oh, and Colt McCoy will also show why he was drafted at the end of the third round....
    mde8352gorams and ZiaRam like this.

CanadianRamsFan is offline Registered User

Remember during the 2007 season, when the team was winning with Derek Anderson Browns fan was calling for Quinn to take over.

eventually you have to make the move and get a franchise QB.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Bold statement from someone who has never spoken with Mike Holmgren.

Ultimately, maybe the Browns pony up, maybe they don't; couldn't care less either way. Because some team will pony up for it.

But let's not say silly things like Holmgren has Trent Richardson as high as RG3. No elite RB prospect is going to be held as high as an elite QB prospect. Not in this NFL.
    Watch you're mouth when speaking to Mrs. Holmgren..

codeman123 is offline Registered User

Browns fans are acting like the Rams are playing hard and asking too much. I haven't heard anything from the Rams side about what they want or expect. Everything is based on the market value of what other teams are offering. If the Redskins offer 2 firsts, a second, and a third the Browns have to at least come close, if not match it. The rumors are that the Browns want RG3 and will take him at 4 if he dropped. That option doesn't exist. Either the Browns love RG3 and will trade multiple first round picks or they can't have him. He is being taken at number 2 and everyone in the NFL knows it. Do they love RG3 enough for 2 firsts and a second, 3 firsts, 3 firsts and a second? I dont, know, but whoever gets him is going to pay big time.

On another note, I fully expect the Browns to trade one way or another. Its absolutely horrible leverage for them to make it seem like they will trade back because the team that trades up would be taking Tannehill ahead of another team they think will take him (Miami, Seattle, KC, Buffalo, ect.). Even if the Browns are a really low trading partner, they might be the only willing partner, and theres more than enough history to suggest a QB hungry team would trade with them. This would give the Rams one of the 3 players (Kalil, Claiborne, Blackmon) that they wanted anyways and taking away the leverage that only the 4th overall pick offers that luxury.
    md8 likes this.

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

Did we miss the headline? Did you, Brownsfan5, replace Pat Shurmur as new HC?

Cause according to him, you are very much open to it, as he should be if he wants a job for more than this year.
    "Yeah, we’re willing [to trade]," Shurmur said Thursday at the NFL combine, via the Akron Beacon Journal. "With two first-round picks, we have flexibility. We can just stand pat and take two really fine players [in the first round], guys that we would hope to be starters for us. Having two first-round picks, you have flexibility if you want to do something.”

What was the purpose of you registering, and making this thread? To try to dwindle our hopes of a package with the Browns? (which you didnt in any way, I'll take the HCs word that they're at the very least interested over yours) OR are you personally begging that they don't make the trade and feel that by posting the message as a Browns fan on a Rams forum, that the Browns and Rams suddenly won't come to a deal?

This was literally one of the weirder threads I have seen in a while on ClanRam. Usually when fans from other teams come over here they at least post something with substance and something for good debate, or have something nice to say. This was just a waste of time. Keep these posts for the Browns forums. Much appreciated.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Do you have any context for Holmgren's alleged love of Barkley? Has he publicly said that he thinks the kid has all the tools to be an elite quarterback at the pro level or did someone's girlfriend's cousin overhear him make an off the cuff comment after he saw an ESPN highlight reel?

I'm not saying that the Browns should trade for him, but I will say that if I saw two elite prospects as very close in talent, I would MUCH rather have the quarterback. When was the last time Adrian Peterson or Ladainian Tomlinson played in a Super Bowl? When was the last time any elite runningback won a championship without an elite quarterback? Jamal Lewis with the 2000 Ravens? Conversely, a number of elite quarterbacks have won championships recently without an elite runningback.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast