Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Browns fan here, why i dont think you should expect much from the Browns in a trade

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Browns fan here, why i dont think you should expect much from the Browns in a tra

Quote Originally Posted by Brownsfan5
    its very well known around Cleveland Holmgren loves Matt Barkley and if he entered the draft, he wouldnt have been able to run up to the podium fast enough. yes even to pass up RGIII. if Washington does offer up 2 1's a 2 and 3 and next year high pick, you can forget Cleveland even calling the Rams because they also supposedly have Trent Richardson as high as RGIII (1A and 1B) and they could trade down to say Carolina who needs a WR and takes blackmon and get their #1 next year to secure 2 probable top 10-15 Picks to get ammo for Barkley if they need to trade up
    Already buying all these reasons why the Browns will not aggresively go after RGIII, in February? The draft is a smoke and mirrors, shell game of misdirection, and Brownsfan5 appears to have swallowed it all hook, line and sinker.
    ZiaRam likes this.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Re: Browns fan here, why i dont think you should expect much from the Browns in a tra

The Giants, one of the last few run first teams, went pass wacky the last two years and were 32nd in rush yards this year. If Coughlin can learn how to win in today's league, Holmgren certainly can. And that answer is that you need an elite QB... and I'll even throw Alex Smith into that category as he was a #1 pick afterall. Who in the playoffs this year did not have an elite QB?

Texans..? They do normally. Broncos..? Tebow had a whole lot of magic this year and got his butt kicked when he needed to step up. Bengals and Dalton? We'll see. The NFC was stacked.

Now, Colt could definitely turn it around. But are you really going to count on that? Myself, I'd want to keep the #4 pick and grab Blackmon and pick up a lineman at #22 just like you. But I don't run a franchise. The guys who feel like they need to get RG3 to extend their employment for two more years do.
    I believe!

berg8309 is offline Registered User

I'll just go tell rams management to move on from the browns. If they ask why I will show them this thread And they will understand, after all nothing is more binding than one fan telling another with 100% certainty what a team will do. Why not back off and have a meaningful discussion such as "I believe it is in the browns best interest not to trade up" as opposed to "HA! You all are stupid if you think we want rg3. We got Barkley wrapped up. He is guaranteed to be drafted by the browns next year, and no one else will be in a position to draft him before us, and also he is guaranteed not to get injured or regress, because that literally never happens."
    ZiaRam likes this.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

I am making a mental note of this thread so that we can revisit it and laugh on draft day.
    San Diego Ram, ZiaRam and RuffRams like this.

Jd_UK is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by berg8309 View Post
    I'll just go tell rams management to move on from the browns. If they ask why I will show them this thread And they will understand, after all nothing is more binding than one fan telling another with 100% certainty what a team will do. Why not back off and have a meaningful discussion such as "I believe it is in the browns best interest not to trade up" as opposed to "HA! You all are stupid if you think we want rg3. We got Barkley wrapped up. He is guaranteed to be drafted by the browns next year, and no one else will be in a position to draft him before us, and also he is guaranteed not to get injured or regress, because that literally never happens."
    I sense a hint of sarcasm here berg, but I think we should really trust this guy. He's clearly in the know.
    ZiaRam and RuffRams like this.

RuffRams is offline Registered User

Not to take a personal shot, but oh well...

ZiaRam likes this.

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamOG View Post
    Not to take a personal shot, but oh well...
    ZiaRam likes this.

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

Poor RG3 is going to Cleveland? After watching that video gahhhhhhhhh!!
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

ESPN is reporting that the Browns have acquired the 2nd pick and have already expressed their intent to draft RGIII. In response, RGIII stated, "I love Cleveland, but when my initial contract runs out, I'm taking my talents to South Beach."

Downtown Cleveland is currently in a state of emergency as rampaging fans have set the city ablaze.

Film at 11:00.
    ZiaRam likes this.

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

All I'm gonna say is your welcome for your new lebron.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    ESPN is reporting that the Browns have acquired the 2nd pick and have already expressed their intent to draft RGIII. In response, RGIII stated, "I love Cleveland, but when my initial contract runs out, I'm taking my talents to South Beach."

How many championships will the Dolphins win?

Not one, not two ...
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12