Damned Ramz is offline Registered User

Re: Browns GM Heckert admits to having talks w/ Rams about #1 overall pick

This years first, second, third and next years first

rams_man13 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Damned Ramz View Post
    This years first, second, third and next years first
    I'd love that, I gotta admit.

I'd be looking for Derrick Morgan or Joe Haden at 7, we could always trade down again too for a team looking for Berry, Haden, Claussen, etc.

I'd be looking to completely revamp the defense and turn it into a dominant unit. Throw in a back-up RB there and a TE.

1.07- Joe Haden, CB
    2.01- Everson Griffen, DE
    2.06- Jahvid Best, RB
    3.01- Geno Atkins, DT
    3.06- Jimmy Graham, TE
    4.01- Dekota Watson, OLB
    5.01- Kyle Calloway, RT

Next year, I'd be looking for one of the big 3 QB's (Luck, Locker, Mallat) AND one of the big 3 WR's (Mike Floyd, AJ Green, Julio Jones). I think we'd be in a position to potentially grab the number one QB AND number one WR.

That could be a VERY scary young team. Take a look at that future line-up... I'm not sure how you could be upset.

QB- Jake Locker
    RB- S-Jax, Best
    FB- Karney
    WR- AJ Green, Brandon Gibson, Donnie Avery, Laurent Robinson
    TE- Jimmy Graham
    LT- Jason Smith
    LG- Jacob Bell
    C- Jason Smith
    RG- Hank Fraley
    RT- Kyle Calloway

LE- Everson Griffin
    NT- Cliff Ryan
    DT- Geno Atkins
    RE- Chris Long
    OLB- Dekota Watson
    MLB- James L
    OLB- David Vobora
    CB- Joe Haden, Ron Bartell
    SS- James Butler
    FS- OJ Atogwe

Wowwy! I'd be pretty excited about that team, and that doesn't even take into account the depth we'd get in the 5th-7th rounds this year, or anything past the first next year. In the second next year, we could definitely use perhaps an upgrade at OLB, S, DT/NT. It would mean another season of disappointing results, but a trade like this could be the beginning of a dynasty.

Damned Ramz is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rams_man13 View Post
    I'd love that, I gotta admit.

I'd be looking for Derrick Morgan or Joe Haden at 7, we could always trade down again too for a team looking for Berry, Haden, Claussen, etc.

I'd be looking to completely revamp the defense and turn it into a dominant unit. Throw in a back-up RB there and a TE.

Next year, I'd be looking for one of the big 3 QB's (Luck, Locker, Mallat) AND one of the big 3 WR's (Mike Floyd, AJ Green, Julio Jones). I think we'd be in a position to potentially grab the number one QB AND number one WR.

Wowwy! I'd be pretty excited about that team, and that doesn't even take into account the depth we'd get in the 5th-7th rounds this year, or anything past the first next year. In the second next year, we could definitely use perhaps an upgrade at OLB, S, DT/NT. It would mean another season of disappointing results, but a trade like this could be the beginning of a dynasty.
    lol is it bad I'm already excited about next years draft?

Next years top three wideouts are radonkulous, all three guys you mentioned are 6'3-6'5 with speed and hands (no hayward-bays!)

even if the rams don't do this trade you gotta be excited about our chances to get one of these wideouts to pair with bradford

A lot of reasons for optimism

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    As much as I'd love Thomas, there's just no way that they'll trade him. I think the best we're getting from them is picks.
    In a sense, that was my point. For me, Thomas would have to be part of the deal, and I can't imagine the Browns would agree to that so... no deal.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Its an interesting argument...if Holmgren is so high on Bradford, in other words, a potential HoF Coach thinks Bradford's a future franchise QB, is he worth giving up? Obviously money talks and in this case, a trade involving numerous amounts of picks and even some players, but I've always been an advocate for acquiring the "face of the franchise." If coaches feel he is the real deal, why even bother with a trade that will more than likely not be a blockbuster trade fans and the organization want...

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

rams_man13 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    In a sense, that was my point. For me, Thomas would have to be part of the deal, and I can't imagine the Browns would agree to that so... no deal.
    Why would we need Thomas? We have our LT of the future in Jason Smith and great RT's can be had much cheeper.

Varg7, the reason we pass on Bradford is the future roster I outlined in my post about 4 up.

This draft is easily one of the deepest defensively in years, but offensively, it lacks a lot of top end talent. Next years draft is definitely going to be deep in WR and QB and we'd be able to pick up one of each with the trade. Bradford is going to be a good QB, but so are at least 2/3 next year, and we'd get more picks to build are team.

eldfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Hum I got a feeling the rams want out of the # 1 spot. If they were truly in love with any of the top players, I think they would have a deal in place with one of them. I think they may take less than some think.
    :ramlogo:

swatter555 is offline Registered User

I don't know. Not ending up with either Suh or Bradford? What famous trade was it where a team got a bunch of picks to trade down and passed on a future hall of famer? A couple of the picks had decent careers, but nobody remembered their names.

I would need to see a truly awesome package to pass up Bradford and Suh. All agree Suh is going to have a great career and many teams think Bradford is something special. I would be hesitant to take quantity over quality with these two guys.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12