Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    39thebeast is offline Registered User

Re: Browns having a fire sale?

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    Shaun rogers is going to want a fortune to sign. ITs not worth it for us. Short term, sure, but the reality is that we are rebuilding and his age and weight issues, along with his attitude, scare me to death.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    You are right, but he really turned it around last year. Here's the thing though he doesn't want to get traded for money he just got a fresh contract from getting traded last year. He was willing to sacrifice his huge bonus to get out of Cleveland. His problem is with Eric Mangini. He wasn't having any problems until he came around and tried to be a dictator. Mangini has a terrible history when it comes to player relations. He is 30, but lineman can play well for a while look at Pat Williams and Jamaal Williams. He really hasn't shown any signs of slowing down. Shaun Rodgers and Kris Jenkins are guys who have strugled with weight issues, but that hasn't stopped them from being great pro bowl players.

tdog08 is offline Registered User

I can see us getting Edwards he would be a good fit for us, I would go for a 2 or a 4th and a player.

general counsel is offline Registered User

I dont think he was willing to sacrifice all the money that they paid him last year. Lord knows what the pro rated cap impact will be for them trading him now. He is willing to give up current and future money because he figures he will get the same money from the next team, so i really dont see that he is actually giving anything up. I agree rogers had a great year last year, but its more than just weight issues with him.

I am quite sure we arent going to trade for rogers, edwards is more likely, but the odds are very low. Again, big cap issues.

ramming speed to all
    general counsel

RamsSB99 is offline Registered User

My Ideal Draft:
    1. MLB/SLB- Aaron Curry
    2. OT- William Beatty OR Best Available
    3. NT-Shaun Rodgers (Trade 3rd in 2009, 4th in 2010, and Pisa to Cleveland for Rodgers)
    4. WR-Ramses Barden
    5. QB- Tom Brandstater
    6. MLB- Josh Mauga
    7. DE- Phillip Hunt

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

I'd welcome (with open arms):

- Braylon Edwards: He's the kind of player/threat we need. He can and will go across the middle, he can go downfield and he can take a screen pass and go. He's a tough run blocker and is cocky and gets in the opponents head.

- Brady Quinn: He's young and very promising, he has some mobility and toughness and can evade the rush. He'd make a good pairing with Avery/Burton/Stanley/McMichael/Jackson.

- Shaun Rogers: A big 'ol smelly fat pig who can move the pocket and clog the middle of the line much like the twinkies, burgers, and fried chicken did to his arteries.

- Derek Anderson if the price is cheap.

- D'Qwell Jackson: Solid young linebacker, could help our core.
    RamsFan16

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

I'd dump Marc Bulger and his contract for either of their QBs. Of course the Browns would have to comply, which blows the deal.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    I'd dump Marc Bulger and his contract for either of their QBs. Of course the Browns would have to comply, which blows the deal.
    Of course you would also have to clear out another $5 million from somewhere, since the Bulger dump would cost the Rams $11 mil leaving them $1 mil to sign over $6 mil worth of draft picks.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16 View Post
    I'd welcome (with open arms):

- Braylon Edwards: He's the kind of player/threat we need. He can and will go across the middle, he can go downfield and he can take a screen pass and go. He's a tough run blocker and is cocky and gets in the opponents head.

- Brady Quinn: He's young and very promising, he has some mobility and toughness and can evade the rush. He'd make a good pairing with Avery/Burton/Stanley/McMichael/Jackson.

- Shaun Rogers: A big 'ol smelly fat pig who can move the pocket and clog the middle of the line much like the twinkies, burgers, and fried chicken did to his arteries.

- Derek Anderson if the price is cheap.

- D'Qwell Jackson: Solid young linebacker, could help our core.
    I would add Joshua Cribbs to the list for sure.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12