Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Browns "hoping" to land RGIII

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Browns "hoping" to land RGIII

Personally I dont see how a trade with Cleveland wont be made for multiple reasons.
    I'm not necessarily saying you're wrong, I'm just playing devil's advocate for a little bit.
    1. Cleveland can afford it with the draft picks they received from Atlanta last year.
    #2 for #4/#22 works out just about right, but what a team can "afford" may not necessarily be what they "want".
    2. They're in desperate need of a QB who will spark their franchise and RG3 will be the last on the board. Its a pretty steep drop off after him.
    Is that how Holmgren and Co. feel as well? Or do they see another prospect in the draft (or veteran in free agency) that can be had while keeping their 1st round picks?
    3. If they don't trade up, someone will. They might as well do it and get it over with because if not, they will see RG3 go to the Skins or Fins.
    But that assumes either the Skins or Fins are willing to part with several high draft picks. If not, RG3 is sitting there at #4.
    4. Wouldn't have to spend as much as other teams since they are only moving up two spots, but will secure the rights to RG3.
    As mentioned earlier, it will cost them their #22 pick. You can say they wouldn't have to spend as much, but it's always easier to spend somebody else's money (or draft picks).
    Lets get this deal done already!
    I hope they do.

"Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

In a report I read, the Browns would not have to give us thier #22 pick, but rather could give us their 2nd round pick and this is based on the value chart. Our #2 pick is worth 2600 the #4 pick is worth 1800. The 800 differential could be made with a 2nd round pick worth about 500-600 plus a later round pick. The #22 pick in round 1 is worth 780, so if Cleveland is desperate enough we could get them to overpay slightly, but that's a stretch to believe in a round 1 trade. I still hope trade happens but nothing will be firmed up until after the combine.

Go Rams!

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by mde8352gorams View Post
    In a report I read, the Browns would not have to give us thier #22 pick, but rather could give us their 2nd round pick and this is based on the value chart.
    That depends. If Kroenke/GM/Demoff/Fisher (whoever) says the #2 pick will cost the Browns the #22 pick, then it will. Otherwise, they can watch RG3 in Miami or D.C.

But a trade with the Browns is the easiest for the Rams. We get Blackmon either way.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

RamsSB99 is offline Registered User

I would be happy with just their second rounder but I do think if they are that interested they would thow in one of their 4th rounders as well.

We would have the following picks: (8 picks - one Blackmon - two 2nd - 6 of the top 100)
    1.4 (From CLE) - Blackmon
    2.5 (From CLE)
    4.5 (From CLE) (#100 pick over all) Levy Adcock OT is value reference for the #100 pick.

Cleveland (7 picks - two 1st - one RG3)
    1.2 (from STL) -RG3

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12