Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Vinnie25

Thread: Browns "seem prepared to move heaven and earth" to select a "new quarterback savior"

Rambos is offline Registered User

Browns "seem prepared to move heaven and earth" to select a "new quarterback savior"

According to SI's Peter King, the Browns "seem prepared to move heaven and earth" to select a "new quarterback savior" in May's draft.
    In other words, they're not handing the keys to Brian Hoyer, while Johnny Manziel, Blake Bortles, Derek Carr, and Teddy Bridgewater are all in play for the Browns. Cleveland has two first-rounders after ex-GM Mike Lombardi accepted the No. 26 overall pick for Trent Richardson, in what so far appears to be a swindling by the now-fired Lombardi. If the Browns want to move up for a quarterback, Lombardi has left them with more than enough ammunition.

Source: SI.com

FestusRam is offline Registered User

Re: Browns "seem prepared to move heaven and earth" to select a "new quarterback savi

If this turns out to be true, let's hope the Rams are the trading partners, not the Texans.

Hopefully, Clowney goes off at the combine and the Texans feel they can't possibly pass on the idea of a Watt/Clowney dynamic duo. At this point, I believe that's best case scenario for the Rams.

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

Re: Browns "seem prepared to move heaven and earth" to select a "new quarterback savi

Johnny Manziel, Blake Bortles, Derek Carr, and Teddy Bridgewater are all in play for the Browns
    That's 4. If, that is IF, the Browns are good with any of them, then no need to move up. Now I think the chances of that are slim, but still.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

general counsel is offline Registered User

They dont need to move heaven or earth, let alone both. All they have to do is trade the Rams the right group of picks to select their choice of the best available qb at #2. True, there are a number of qbs and one will be available at 4, but maybe not the one they like best.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

I cannot imagine Derek Carr going in the top 5, but we are talking the Browns. My first thought about the FO shake-up was due to internal strife about Manziel because he will be a polarizing pick. Unless the Browns have a pick they absolutely must have then I think they stay at #4 and take whoever is available. They will also have the ability to trade for Kirk Cousins, whom Kyle Shanahan knows well so that option exists too. It will be interesting to see what happens if the Texans take Clowney as that will leave the floodgates wide open for us to trade our pick. Fasten your seatbelts, this is likely to be an interesting ride.

Go Rams!

shower beers is offline Registered User

Living in Ohio, it's mind-boggling to watch this new owner run the team. Each move seems more bizarre than the last. That said, I'll gladly collect both of their first round picks if they're offering.

general counsel is offline Registered User

mde8352gorams, what a great observation on Cousins and the connection with Shanahan. I really love reading your posts!

Personally, i would rather try and acquire Cousins for a #2 pick then use a top pick on any of the currently available qb's. I watched him play 3 times at the end of the year and was very impressed. When he had any kind of pass protection, he was accurate and very effective (especially when his receivers werent dropping balls on him). I would take cousins over bortles even up with no hesitation at all.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel

BrokenWing is offline Registered User

Can we rename the Factory of Sadness to the Crazy Train?

I'll happily take any and all draft picks they want to give us to move up...two spots.
    "I've been saving the Universe for over a thousand years. I figure it owes me just this once."

Vinnie25 is offline Registered User

Best case scenario is Clowney and two QB's lighting it up at the combine, while all the other QB's struggle. That way no matter who the Texans draft (and with JAX most likely taking one of the QB's at #3), teams will be fighting with each other to swap picks with the Rams
    Unspoken likes this.