#39 Fan Guest

Browns will offer most of their picks for Bradford

Posted by Michael David Smith on April 22, 2010 5:51 PM ET
    Cleveland Browns front office boss Mike Holmgren says he's enamored enough with Oklahoma quarterback Sam Bradford that he's going to make one final pitch to the St. Louis Rams to try to acquire the first overall pick.

Holmgren told ESPN's Michael Smith that he would be willing to trade most of the Browns' 10 picks and maybe some 2011 picks for Bradford. But Holmgren thinks the Rams will turn him down.

"They shouldn't do it," Holmgren said. "They need a quarterback more than anyone in the world."

So Holmgren thinks, like everyone else, that the Rams will take Bradford. But he'll try to convince them to take his trade offer instead.

"It's not going to happen," Holmgren said. "I just got out of a meeting and I told everyone, let [the board] come to us. That said, I'm going to go make the call."
    Remember guys, we could pick Bradford at #1 and not announce the trade until Cleveland is on the clock.

Things are getting more and more interesting.

If this happened, would you prefer Clausen at #7, and then BPA from there out, or would you go BPA-D at #7 (D Morgan, Berry, Haden, JPP), and try and grab Colt later?

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Re: Browns will offer most of their picks for Bradford

Interesting. But, the problem is that I hate the #7 spot. The pickings their either don't suit us or are reaches.

Alec22 is offline Registered User

I grab BPA at #7 (personally i think haden or morgan) then BPA at 33 (mabye thomas) then colt at #38 (cle) and take add. picks from Cle draft this year and their 1st rounder next year, giving us in all likelyhood 2 top 10 picks next year...

CanadianRamsFan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by #39 Fan View Post
    Posted by Michael David Smith on April 22, 2010 5:51 PM ET
    Remember guys, we could pick Bradford at #1 and not announce the trade until Cleveland is on the clock.

Things are getting more and more interesting.

If this happened, would you prefer Clausen at #7, and then BPA from there out, or would you go BPA-D at #7 (D Morgan, Berry, Haden, JPP), and try and grab Colt later?
    Has that ever happened? I don't know how much of a fan i would be of trading a player we JUST picked.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianRamsFan View Post
    Has that ever happened? I don't know how much of a fan i would be of trading a player we JUST picked.
    Manning/Rivers trade in 2004 would be the last time the rights to a player were switched.

#39 Fan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post
    Interesting. But, the problem is that I hate the #7 spot. The pickings their either don't suit us or are reaches.
    Trade down again into the low/mid teens and perhaps acquire another 1st (2011)? Always another option... And honestly, after the top 3 are off, the talent pool is in this class is wide (as good of player likely available at 20/30's as in top 10)

#39 Fan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianRamsFan View Post
    Yeah I hear you there in that I would prefer, if there is a trade, for it to be announced out front... but it's happened before. Drafting Bradford and making it out of round 1 holding his rights (hypothetically) could be two different streets (---though highly doubtful)

realchamp11 Guest

trade down to 7, take clausen and use the rest of the picks (which should be pretty good ones) to continue to build the team. I think this would be the best case scenario for the rams IMO

swatter555 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by realchamp11 View Post
    trade down to 7, take clausen and use the rest of the picks (which should be pretty good ones) to continue to build the team. I think this would be the best case scenario for the rams IMO
    Unless Bradford is a stud and all of you then eat your words...

Shan the Ram Man is offline Registered User

If your a team rebuilding like the Rams are How can you not take almost all of a teams draft picks and a few picks in next years draft.
    The Rams could try to pry away a QB that is on a roster on another team with a pick or two and still draft a QB in later rounds.
    With all of those picks the Rams could make a quick turn around and be a great team.

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Seems to me the Browns didn't actually offer most of their picks, or the Rams felt there were no good values a #7