Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Re: Bruce could have stayed . but didn't , WHY.

Quote Originally Posted by keith m. klink View Post
    Why didn't IKE stay a RAM . i'm going to ask all you guy's and gal's what you think is the reason . from what i had heard , the RAMS were asking him to take 3MILLION a year and not the 5 MIL. in the contract.

what if this is the case and the 3-million wasn't enough . i know that BRUCE was the long time face of the team, but the option was there to stay a RAM and retire a RAM . i know both sides have to be torn . on one hand the RAMS keep asking him to take a cut , and he didn't want to either time so he got cut instead . both times offered a contract before and after the fact. i want you guy's to correct me if i'm wrong , but in my opinion after 14 years on a team , you don't jump to the teams ARCH rival for a little extra cash and a chance to pad your numbers with an old coach and 1 last hurrah .

i'n my opinion , and i'll take the beating for this one ( even though i love BRUCE and have for a long long time ) i think that IKE didn't stand up for the team , he stood up for the money and one last chance to be THE GO TO GUY, the #1 receiver , and not stay with his team mates , and so this is the NFL in the free agent world .

I'm sorry to see him go , but he could have stayed . his choice . not our's .
    Ike didn't stand up for the team?????????? His choice, not the Rams???? Wow are you kidding me?

Put yourself in Ike's shoes. Two years ago the Rams asked him to restructure to free up some room and he did it. He did everything he was asked and more, so to say Ike didn't stand up for the team is crazy.

So Ike already restructured once 2 years ago and now had 1 year left on his deal which would have paid him 3 mil in salary and a 2 mil bonus and then the Rams come to him AGAIN and ask him to restructure because they screwed up our cap. What a slap in the face to Bruce. The Rams should have just paid him the last year of his contract. The money wasn't unreasonable. Why should Bruce have to redo his deal because the bean counters screwed up.

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    Tre was running great against an awful NYG run defense. 5.8 YPC yet he only gets 13 carries. I can't wait until the Rams abandon you, Schotty.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Bruce has been around long enough to know it's nothing personal, it's just business. Being who he is, I doubt he took it personally, having looked at the cap numbers himself, I'm sure and knowing that he was an expendable cap number.

He signed with SF because of Martz, not as a way to get back at us. That said, however, in our two games, he'll be doing his darnedest to show us what we're missing.

Ike will always be a Ram and I'm sure that he'll want to sign a retirement deal to retire as a Ram. Just remember, Jerry Rice played for three other teams before he hung it up.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    Bruce has been around long enough to know it's nothing personal, it's just business. Being who he is, I doubt he took it personally, having looked at the cap numbers himself, I'm sure and knowing that he was an expendable cap number.
    There are exceptions to "it's just business." there aren't many but Bruce happens to be one of them. Being asked to restructure twice in 3 years when his salary wasn't astronomical is a slap in the face and I think Bruce took it that way.

Bruce went to SF because he likes Martz and he already knows the offense. Of course he didn't do it to get back at us, that doesn't mean he doesn't feel shafted by the Rams front office.
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    Tre was running great against an awful NYG run defense. 5.8 YPC yet he only gets 13 carries. I can't wait until the Rams abandon you, Schotty.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12