Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Cal RB Marshawn Lynch faces allegations of sexual assault

A former girlfriend is accusing former Cal star running back Marshawn Lynch of domestic violence and sexual assault.

KCBS radio has learned the Alameda County District Attorney is reviewing the woman's claims following an Oakland police investigation.

Lynch's attorney Gerry Schwartzbach denies the allegations.

KCBS has confirmed the woman was granted a restraining order against Lynch on Friday morning. Schwartzbach says Lynch was unaware of the court hearing and did not attend.

In her complaint, the woman alleges Lynch choked, slapped and sexually assaulted her in Oakland the night of Dec. 13. She filed the civil complaint on Dec. 19, according to court documents obtained by KCBS.

Shwartzbach says Lynch was at the woman's home with a friend that night, but denies that any violence or sexual assault took place. He says Lynch was questioned by police and is co-operating with investigators.

Oakland police declined to comment, as did the deputy district attorney handling the case.

Lynch, the Pac-10 offensive player of the year and a first team All-American as a junior last season, left school early to enter the NFL draft. He is considered a likely first-round draft choice. His last game for Cal was the Holiday Bowl victory over Texas A&M on Dec. 28. He attended Oakland Tech High School.
    Link

Lynch seems like a favorite to go to the Packers in the middle of round one with some speculating that a good combine workout could move him up even higher. It'll be interesting to see how this story develops.

Country is offline Registered User

Re: Cal RB Marshawn Lynch faces allegations of sexual assault

It seem a little strange that thsi happens right before Lynch is about to become a millionaire and their is alreayd a civil suit.

I don't want to make light of it, if it is true, but it seems like a cash grab by th women. The crimminal investigationisn't over and she is duing him already.

Aslong as Pat Willis doesn't get arrested I am still alright.

general counsel is offline Registered User

I am all for innocent until proven guilty. However mr country, please note that a judge apparantly granted a restraining order against lynch. That is not done without some evidence. Thus, i am not so sure about your view of a "cash grab"

Why should she wait until he gets drafted? If he assualted her, she has every right to avail herself of the legal system, regardless of how much money he has or doesnt have.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel

keith m. klink Guest

don't worry your head's about it, i just heard that the bengal's are going to move up to draft him, because they to move in a dirrection of quality individuals on that team. ha ha ha ha .