Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Call me crazy but.....

  1. #1
    svh01 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    202
    Rep Power
    7

    Call me crazy but.....

    I think we should bring in Terrell Owens. I know that everyone thinks he's a cancer etc. However, I think he will be a perfect pick up on a 1 year deal for us and here is why. I think he will be good for Brian Quick. Say what you want about Owens, but his work ethic is undeniable. He can also teach Quick how to play the game. At this point in his career Owens just wants to be on a NFL team. He's financially strapped which can humble a person very quickly (he played on a B league Arena football team for pete's sake!). Plus he usually behaves his 1st year on a team. I firmly believe he will be a different person (or at least try very hard to be). He hasn't gotten a look from any other team so HE KNOWS THIS IS HIS ABSOLUTE LAST CHANCE. I also think he will be more productive than Steve Smith, 70 catches for 850 and 5 td's is not unrealistic. Last but not least Brian Quick is said to be the "next T.O." or a "T.O. type reciever". Who better to learn from than the REAL T.O.?

    P.S. I also want to point out that Owens has never gotten into trouble off the field.


  2. #2
    C-Mob 71's Avatar
    C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    S. Illinois
    Posts
    1,506
    Rep Power
    45

    Re: Call me crazy but.....

    RuffRams, JM7 and SportsDude like this.

  3. #3
    BarronWade's Avatar
    BarronWade is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,427
    Rep Power
    23

    Re: Call me crazy but.....

    Signing TO thats a tough sell

    I say sign him only if we NEED him...We got a few WRs battling for a spot if injuries happen (like they have in previous year) or receivers just cannot produce I say consider TO

    However i would not seriously think of signing him unless we are in the thick of a playoff race (past the trade deadline) and our #1 or #2 goes down

    We are a young team that wants production out of our mid round WR so i dont see the need to get an old WR now

  4. #4
    mde8352gorams's Avatar
    mde8352gorams is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Age
    61
    Posts
    1,683
    Rep Power
    19

    Re: Call me crazy but.....

    So sign him as a WR Camp Advisor if he's willing to teach Brian Quick & Chris Givens plus any other WR's. As a player he adds very little in my opinion.

    Go Rams!

  5. #5
    SportsDude is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    126
    Rep Power
    4

    Re: Call me crazy but.....

    Id rather sign Ochocinco than TO

    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenWing View Post
    Also, craig dahl still sucks.

  6. #6
    CRAZYHORNS's Avatar
    CRAZYHORNS is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Maryland near DC
    Age
    47
    Posts
    633
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: Call me crazy but.....

    I pass no need to waste a spot on the roster on this guy.

    Go Rams

  7. #7
    MauiRam's Avatar
    MauiRam is online now Pro Bowl Ram
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Maui, Hi.
    Age
    70
    Posts
    4,806
    Rep Power
    79

    Re: Call me crazy but.....

    Quote Originally Posted by svh01 View Post
    I think we should bring in Terrell Owens. I know that everyone thinks he's a cancer etc. However, I think he will be a perfect pick up on a 1 year deal for us and here is why. I think he will be good for Brian Quick. Say what you want about Owens, but his work ethic is undeniable. He can also teach Quick how to play the game. At this point in his career Owens just wants to be on a NFL team. He's financially strapped which can humble a person very quickly (he played on a B league Arena football team for pete's sake!). Plus he usually behaves his 1st year on a team. I firmly believe he will be a different person (or at least try very hard to be). He hasn't gotten a look from any other team so HE KNOWS THIS IS HIS ABSOLUTE LAST CHANCE. I also think he will be more productive than Steve Smith, 70 catches for 850 and 5 td's is not unrealistic. Last but not least Brian Quick is said to be the "next T.O." or a "T.O. type reciever". Who better to learn from than the REAL T.O.?

    P.S. I also want to point out that Owens has never gotten into trouble off the field.
    Ok, you're crazy !!! Seriously, the main reason we should not bring T.O. aboard is that he would take a roster spot away from younger talent. The Rams will likely keep 6 receivers this year. In no particular order:

    1) Amendola

    2) Quick

    3) Givens

    4) Salas

    5) Pettis

    6) Steve Smith

    So which of these guys would you rather replace with T.O.?
    FestusRam likes this.

  8. #8
    AvengerRam's Avatar
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Longwood, Florida, United States
    Age
    46
    Posts
    18,495
    Rep Power
    167

    Re: Call me crazy but.....


    NO KITTY THAT'S A BAD KITTY!!!!!!

  9. #9
    svh01 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    202
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: Call me crazy but.....

    Quote Originally Posted by MauiRam View Post
    Ok, you're crazy !!! Seriously, the main reason we should not bring T.O. aboard is that he would take a roster spot away from younger talent. The Rams will likely keep 6 receivers this year. In no particular order:

    1) Amendola

    2) Quick

    3) Givens

    4) Salas

    5) Pettis

    6) Steve Smith

    So which of these guys would you rather replace with T.O.?
    Any one of the last 3, Steve Smith in particular. I don't see Smith being all that productive. I hope he is, but he only had one good year. I think TO can still put decent numbers. His last season he put up 72rec 983yrds and 9tds as the #2 option. When was the last time we saw that type of productions from a WR? Do you really think Salas, Pettis, or Smith can/will put up those type of numbers?
    rammiser likes this.

  10. #10
    berg8309's Avatar
    berg8309 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    1,897
    Rep Power
    42

    Re: Call me crazy but.....

    Quote Originally Posted by svh01 View Post
    Any one of the last 3, Steve Smith in particular. I don't see Smith being all that productive. I hope he is, but he only had one good year. I think TO can still put decent numbers. His last season he put up 72rec 983yrds and 9tds as the #2 option. When was the last time we saw that type of productions from a WR? Do you really think Salas, Pettis, or Smith can/will put up those type of numbers?
    Before missing an entire season of football with an ACL injury and turning 38, which usually means you don't heal as well. I have serious doubts TO can play at an NFL level, and is past the age where you would expect him to do anything but decline, whereas Smith is at least young enough to have some potential growth left.

  11. #11
    svh01 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    202
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: Call me crazy but.....

    The problem is Smith had a knee injury and has not shown he has fully recovered in 2 years. T.O. has bounced back from injury before, so how much would it hurt to give him a chance to compete for a position? If he can't play at a NFL level we simply release him. Bring him into camp, he will work hard and teach the young players how to be successful. I think he would do that just to show that he adds value to the roster. It's a no lose situation. Who else do we have to fill that role?

  12. #12
    Truck is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    New Haven, MO
    Posts
    62
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Call me crazy but.....

    I think we have some better WR's numbers in case we want someone taught. Like Holt or Bruce.
    HUbison and THOLTFAN81 like this.

  13. #13
    richtree's Avatar
    richtree is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    2,122
    Rep Power
    17

    Re: Call me crazy but.....

    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post

    NO KITTY THAT'S A BAD KITTY!!!!!!

    10 times more

  14. #14
    Nick's Avatar
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Age
    31
    Posts
    19,301
    Rep Power
    153

    Re: Call me crazy but.....

    Terrell Owens' tenure in the Indoor Football League came to an unceremonious end Tuesday when the Allen Wranglers released the controversial former NFL receiver.

    Owens signed with the Wranglers in February, receiving a six-figure salary and an ownership stake in the franchise located about 30 minutes north of Dallas. Owner Jon Frankel said Owens' ownership stake has been terminated because he violated his contract.

    Frankel cited Owens' refusal to play in two upcoming road games that are critical to the Wranglers' playoff hopes and Owens' no-show for a scheduled appearance at a local children's hospital as the breaking points in the team's relationship with the receiver.

    "Our fans are amongst the best in the league, and it is impossible to maintain a player when even our fans notice and comment on a player's lack of effort both on and off the field," Frankel said in a statement released to ESPNDallas.com. "We need to do what is best for this team, our fans and this community."


    Owens, who was not required to play in all of the Wranglers' road games, could not be immediately reached for comment.
    Terrell Owens cut by Indoor Football team, loses ownership share - ESPN Dallas
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!



  15. #15
    berg8309's Avatar
    berg8309 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    1,897
    Rep Power
    42

    Re: Call me crazy but.....

    So even when the guy is, from what I've read, on the ropes with money issues, he still can't stop being all about himself when his paychecks depend on him doing anything but. Wouldn't even show up for a charity event at a children's hospital? I know that has nothing to do with how well he can play football, but it shows his attitude. It's alllllllll about TO, and no one else. I wouldn't even let him look at the 10 foot pole.
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Call me crazy, but...
    By AvengerRam in forum DRAFT & FA
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: -04-26-2012, 04:04 PM
  2. Am I going crazy?
    By THOLTFAN81 in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: -12-21-2011, 07:53 PM
  3. RE: Steven Jackson, Call me (laram0) crazy
    By laram0 in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: -08-01-2008, 05:22 PM
  4. Call me crazy...
    By RAMFANRAIDERHATER in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: -12-10-2006, 08:56 AM
  5. Replies: 11
    Last Post: -09-23-2006, 03:24 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •