Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Can anyone speculate...

bruce4life is offline Registered User

Can anyone speculate...

As to who the Rams might be interested in acquiring now that some of the big names are off the board that we were originally linked to.

I think a Carlos Rodgers for nickel wouldn't be a bad play or bring in Thomas Decoud.

Mikey is offline Registered User

Re: Can anyone speculate...

Chris Clemons FS Miami
    Mike Adams FS Denver

Both are experienced center field type FS and would be big upgrades and not break the bank. Personally prefer Clemons over Adams.

John Jerry G Miami
    Shelly Smith resign

Neither are great but would provide veteran depth.

Walter Thurmond CB Seattle
    Antoin Cason CB Arizona
    DRC CB Denver

Any of the three would come in and be a 3rd corner to push JJ and Tru. Nothing special but depth.

Jason Hatcher DT Dallas

There are other DT but Hatcher is the best. It's not a huge position of need but more talent in the rotation wouldn't be a bad thing. Plus it would/could push Langford.

Personally not interested in adding a vet WR, RB, QB or DE so I haven't looked at those spots.

Clemons and Jerry would be nice additions, especially Clemons.

Vinnie25 is online now Registered User

Kind of disappointing that we're going to have to rely just on the draft to improve our team; too many holes to fill and not enough draft picks to fill them

Rambos is offline Registered User

Here are a handful of names.

Cortland Finnegan
    Chris Williams
    Harvey Dahl
    Jo-Lonn Dunbar

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

I would love to see the Rams sign Captain Munnerlyn to play nickel CB

At OG, all of the free agents left are 30+ so i can see the team picking up some guys on short term deals

There are still a few centers available that could be worth a look like Dietrich-Smith and de la Puente

At safety, Chris Clemons is the only real option left as a deep center fielder

FestusRam is offline Registered User

Just some random names...

James Starks
    Captain Munnerlyn
    Hakeem Nicks

RosieJones is offline Registered User

The DBs we already have are fantastic, no need for depth or competition there.

As far as the OL goes, I believe the new plan is to fill the holes on at both guards and the back-up spots with Fisher and Snead's egos since they appear to be so massive.
    ram3057 likes this.

clarasDK is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie25 View Post
    Kind of disappointing that we're going to have to rely just on the draft to improve our team; too many holes to fill and not enough draft picks to fill them
    I understand your position. But honestly I am quite happy that the Rams has not gone all out and burned crazy money (Raiders style) on Free Agents in the frenzy we saw yesterday. In my opinion there has not been that many stud FA’s this year and many of the big names are old guys (there is a reason they are being released by their original teams).When I see the kind of money that Saffold, Talib and other players have been offered yesterday its fine with me that we kept our cool.

Very often big name free agent signings end up being busts or at least only ok players anyway. So too early to panic J

I think we can still find roleplayers/good players late in free agency for a good price and in the crop of players that normally are released after the draft and before the season starts.

The only thing that I am a little scared of now is our O-line situation, but if I look at the FA o-line players available, there was not that many options out there anyway…. So I guess what we can hope for is that we can trade down a little and get one of the top 3 tackles and the get some good guards prospects late in the draft or still find a hidden gem or two in the free agency pool.
    Warner Pride likes this.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Chris Clemons FS Miami
    Mike Adams FS Denver

Both are experienced center field type FS and would be big upgrades and not break the bank. Personally prefer Clemons over Adams.

John Jerry G Miami
    Shelly Smith resign

Antoin Cason CB Arizona
    DRC CB Denver

Any of the three would come in and be a 3rd corner to push JJ and Tru. Nothing special but depth.

Jason Hatcher DT Dallas

There are other DT but Hatcher is the best. It's not a huge position of need but more talent in the rotation wouldn't be a bad thing. Plus it would/could push Langford.

Personally not interested in adding a vet WR, RB, QB or DE so I haven't looked at those spots.

Isn't John Jerry the one they said was worse than Incongnito when it came to the goings on in the Dolphins locker room?

TheBritishRam is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Chris Clemons FS Miami
    Mike Adams FS Denver

John Jerry G Miami
    Shelly Smith resign

Antoin Cason CB Arizona
    DRC CB Denver

Jason Hatcher DT Dallas

I'd add to your list

Brandon Browner CB - could be had cheaply due to his 4 game suspension
    Davin Joseph G - terrible last year but is a 2 time pro bowler and is only 30

QUINNtessentialTruth is offline Registered User

One thing is for sure, we should definitely add an OL and a secondary player from FA. That way we don't have to rely on draft completely.

Edit: I wouldn't mind picking up Brandon Browner if he is cheap

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

I'd like to kick the tires on FS Chris Clemons, CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie (Though I wouldn't give him more than a 1 or 2 year deal), Brandon Spikes..

THE DREAM TEAM

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

I can't stop wondering if Jeff & Les might be interested in Chris Johnson once he's cut by the Titans. He still has plenty left in the tank and he wouldn't need to carry the load like he did in Tenn., plus he gives us a good alternative to Zac Stacy whom I don't want to see us burn out. He certainly brings a great attitude and could be the new Jeff Fisher advocate/evangelist in the locker room with Finnegan gone. The question becomes money and how much, if any, he's willing to take below his $8 million/year contract.

I just think with Lynch in Seattle and Lattimore coming on-line in SF this could juice up our running game, which as we now know is our first offensive option. Sammy wouldn't object to having playmaker like him on the offense. I'm not usually a supporter of being a Free Agency spender but we need to make big things happen this season.

Go Rams!

Barry Waller is offline Registered User

Not signing your own, not signing ANYONE for more than a year, DUMPING salary and banking huge cap space in 2016?

I speculate it means building a team for 2016 and 2017, playing somewhere other than St Louis.

I have the Rams, if they do nothing but build with drafts till 2016, $30 million under in 2015 and as much in 2016, even with Bradford and Quinn re-signed to big deals (15 millin first year cap hit each).

This "plan" to do nothing HAS to come from the very top. Can't even do Chris Williams a starter for $2.5 mil a year?

I was thinking 80-20 that Kroenke would move the team.

Now I am at 50-50 and the trend is downward for St Louis.

Gonna see all 1 year veteran deals for worthless junk no one else wants.

Seen it with the Blues and Car dinals when a sale was nearing, salary dumps, even top player s, and no moves to compete for a Championship.

Cut costs, cut people, and just do the best you can to be .500.

If fans go nuts and quit buying tickets, it makes a move easier with the NFL.
    Barry Waller

bruce4life is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Waller View Post
    Not signing your own, not signing ANYONE for more than a year, DUMPING salary and banking huge cap space in 2016?

I speculate it means building a team for 2016 and 2017, playing somewhere other than St Louis.

I have the Rams, if they do nothing but build with drafts till 2016, $30 million under in 2015 and as much in 2016, even with Bradford and Quinn re-signed to big deals (15 millin first year cap hit each).

This "plan" to do nothing HAS to come from the very top. Can't even do Chris Williams a starter for $2.5 mil a year?

I was thinking 80-20 that Kroenke would move the team.

Now I am at 50-50 and the trend is downward for St Louis.

Gonna see all 1 year veteran deals for worthless junk no one else wants.

Seen it with the Blues and Car dinals when a sale was nearing, salary dumps, even top player s, and no moves to compete for a Championship.

Cut costs, cut people, and just do the best you can to be .500.

If fans go nuts and quit buying tickets, it makes a move easier with the NFL.
    ????? I would love for Rams to move back to LA but how can you conclude to that based off no signing of players day 1?
    sosa39rams likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast