Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Can anyone speculate...

  1. #1
    bruce4life's Avatar
    bruce4life is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Temecula, CA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,946
    Rep Power
    31

    Can anyone speculate...

    As to who the Rams might be interested in acquiring now that some of the big names are off the board that we were originally linked to.

    I think a Carlos Rodgers for nickel wouldn't be a bad play or bring in Thomas Decoud.


  2. #2
    Mikey's Avatar
    Mikey is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    1,156
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: Can anyone speculate...

    Chris Clemons FS Miami
    Mike Adams FS Denver

    Both are experienced center field type FS and would be big upgrades and not break the bank. Personally prefer Clemons over Adams.

    John Jerry G Miami
    Shelly Smith resign

    Neither are great but would provide veteran depth.

    Walter Thurmond CB Seattle
    Antoin Cason CB Arizona
    DRC CB Denver

    Any of the three would come in and be a 3rd corner to push JJ and Tru. Nothing special but depth.

    Jason Hatcher DT Dallas

    There are other DT but Hatcher is the best. It's not a huge position of need but more talent in the rotation wouldn't be a bad thing. Plus it would/could push Langford.

    Personally not interested in adding a vet WR, RB, QB or DE so I haven't looked at those spots.

    Clemons and Jerry would be nice additions, especially Clemons.

  3. #3
    Vinnie25's Avatar
    Vinnie25 is online now Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    882
    Rep Power
    6

    Re: Can anyone speculate...

    Kind of disappointing that we're going to have to rely just on the draft to improve our team; too many holes to fill and not enough draft picks to fill them

  4. #4
    Rambos's Avatar
    Rambos is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Cali
    Age
    50
    Posts
    9,548
    Rep Power
    75

    Re: Can anyone speculate...

    Here are a handful of names.

    Cortland Finnegan
    Chris Williams
    Harvey Dahl
    Jo-Lonn Dunbar

  5. #5
    tomahawk247's Avatar
    tomahawk247 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Essex, England
    Age
    28
    Posts
    4,825
    Rep Power
    57

    Re: Can anyone speculate...

    I would love to see the Rams sign Captain Munnerlyn to play nickel CB

    At OG, all of the free agents left are 30+ so i can see the team picking up some guys on short term deals

    There are still a few centers available that could be worth a look like Dietrich-Smith and de la Puente

    At safety, Chris Clemons is the only real option left as a deep center fielder

  6. #6
    FestusRam's Avatar
    FestusRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Festus, Missouri
    Posts
    1,271
    Rep Power
    23

    Re: Can anyone speculate...

    Just some random names...

    James Starks
    Captain Munnerlyn
    Hakeem Nicks

  7. #7
    RosieJones's Avatar
    RosieJones is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    138
    Rep Power
    2

    Re: Can anyone speculate...

    The DBs we already have are fantastic, no need for depth or competition there.

    As far as the OL goes, I believe the new plan is to fill the holes on at both guards and the back-up spots with Fisher and Snead's egos since they appear to be so massive.
    ram3057 likes this.

  8. #8
    clarasDK's Avatar
    clarasDK is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Denmark
    Age
    40
    Posts
    473
    Rep Power
    16

    Re: Can anyone speculate...

    Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie25 View Post
    Kind of disappointing that we're going to have to rely just on the draft to improve our team; too many holes to fill and not enough draft picks to fill them
    I understand your position. But honestly I am quite happy that the Rams has not gone all out and burned crazy money (Raiders style) on Free Agents in the frenzy we saw yesterday. In my opinion there has not been that many stud FA’s this year and many of the big names are old guys (there is a reason they are being released by their original teams).When I see the kind of money that Saffold, Talib and other players have been offered yesterday its fine with me that we kept our cool.

    Very often big name free agent signings end up being busts or at least only ok players anyway. So too early to panic J

    I think we can still find roleplayers/good players late in free agency for a good price and in the crop of players that normally are released after the draft and before the season starts.

    The only thing that I am a little scared of now is our O-line situation, but if I look at the FA o-line players available, there was not that many options out there anyway…. So I guess what we can hope for is that we can trade down a little and get one of the top 3 tackles and the get some good guards prospects late in the draft or still find a hidden gem or two in the free agency pool.
    Warner Pride likes this.

  9. #9
    tomahawk247's Avatar
    tomahawk247 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Essex, England
    Age
    28
    Posts
    4,825
    Rep Power
    57

    Re: Can anyone speculate...

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Chris Clemons FS Miami
    Mike Adams FS Denver

    Both are experienced center field type FS and would be big upgrades and not break the bank. Personally prefer Clemons over Adams.

    John Jerry G Miami
    Shelly Smith resign

    Neither are great but would provide veteran depth.

    Walter Thurmond CB Seattle
    Antoin Cason CB Arizona
    DRC CB Denver

    Any of the three would come in and be a 3rd corner to push JJ and Tru. Nothing special but depth.

    Jason Hatcher DT Dallas

    There are other DT but Hatcher is the best. It's not a huge position of need but more talent in the rotation wouldn't be a bad thing. Plus it would/could push Langford.

    Personally not interested in adding a vet WR, RB, QB or DE so I haven't looked at those spots.

    Clemons and Jerry would be nice additions, especially Clemons.
    Isn't John Jerry the one they said was worse than Incongnito when it came to the goings on in the Dolphins locker room?

  10. #10
    TheBritishRam's Avatar
    TheBritishRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Oxford
    Age
    26
    Posts
    1,162
    Rep Power
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Chris Clemons FS Miami
    Mike Adams FS Denver

    Both are experienced center field type FS and would be big upgrades and not break the bank. Personally prefer Clemons over Adams.

    John Jerry G Miami
    Shelly Smith resign

    Neither are great but would provide veteran depth.

    Walter Thurmond CB Seattle
    Antoin Cason CB Arizona
    DRC CB Denver

    Any of the three would come in and be a 3rd corner to push JJ and Tru. Nothing special but depth.

    Jason Hatcher DT Dallas

    There are other DT but Hatcher is the best. It's not a huge position of need but more talent in the rotation wouldn't be a bad thing. Plus it would/could push Langford.

    Personally not interested in adding a vet WR, RB, QB or DE so I haven't looked at those spots.

    Clemons and Jerry would be nice additions, especially Clemons.
    I'd add to your list

    Brandon Browner CB - could be had cheaply due to his 4 game suspension
    Davin Joseph G - terrible last year but is a 2 time pro bowler and is only 30

  11. #11
    QUINNtessentialTruth's Avatar
    QUINNtessentialTruth is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,204
    Rep Power
    14

    Re: Can anyone speculate...

    One thing is for sure, we should definitely add an OL and a secondary player from FA. That way we don't have to rely on draft completely.

    Edit: I wouldn't mind picking up Brandon Browner if he is cheap


  12. #12
    sosa39rams's Avatar
    sosa39rams is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, On
    Posts
    5,535
    Rep Power
    45

    Re: Can anyone speculate...

    I'd like to kick the tires on FS Chris Clemons, CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie (Though I wouldn't give him more than a 1 or 2 year deal), Brandon Spikes..


    THE DREAM TEAM

  13. #13
    mde8352gorams's Avatar
    mde8352gorams is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Age
    62
    Posts
    1,811
    Rep Power
    22

    Re: Can anyone speculate...

    I can't stop wondering if Jeff & Les might be interested in Chris Johnson once he's cut by the Titans. He still has plenty left in the tank and he wouldn't need to carry the load like he did in Tenn., plus he gives us a good alternative to Zac Stacy whom I don't want to see us burn out. He certainly brings a great attitude and could be the new Jeff Fisher advocate/evangelist in the locker room with Finnegan gone. The question becomes money and how much, if any, he's willing to take below his $8 million/year contract.

    I just think with Lynch in Seattle and Lattimore coming on-line in SF this could juice up our running game, which as we now know is our first offensive option. Sammy wouldn't object to having playmaker like him on the offense. I'm not usually a supporter of being a Free Agency spender but we need to make big things happen this season.

    Go Rams!

  14. #14
    Barry Waller is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Alton, Il. USA
    Age
    64
    Posts
    910
    Rep Power
    25

    Re: Can anyone speculate...

    Not signing your own, not signing ANYONE for more than a year, DUMPING salary and banking huge cap space in 2016?

    I speculate it means building a team for 2016 and 2017, playing somewhere other than St Louis.

    I have the Rams, if they do nothing but build with drafts till 2016, $30 million under in 2015 and as much in 2016, even with Bradford and Quinn re-signed to big deals (15 millin first year cap hit each).

    This "plan" to do nothing HAS to come from the very top. Can't even do Chris Williams a starter for $2.5 mil a year?

    I was thinking 80-20 that Kroenke would move the team.

    Now I am at 50-50 and the trend is downward for St Louis.

    Gonna see all 1 year veteran deals for worthless junk no one else wants.

    Seen it with the Blues and Car dinals when a sale was nearing, salary dumps, even top player s, and no moves to compete for a Championship.

    Cut costs, cut people, and just do the best you can to be .500.

    If fans go nuts and quit buying tickets, it makes a move easier with the NFL.
    Barry Waller

  15. #15
    bruce4life's Avatar
    bruce4life is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Temecula, CA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,946
    Rep Power
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Waller View Post
    Not signing your own, not signing ANYONE for more than a year, DUMPING salary and banking huge cap space in 2016?

    I speculate it means building a team for 2016 and 2017, playing somewhere other than St Louis.

    I have the Rams, if they do nothing but build with drafts till 2016, $30 million under in 2015 and as much in 2016, even with Bradford and Quinn re-signed to big deals (15 millin first year cap hit each).

    This "plan" to do nothing HAS to come from the very top. Can't even do Chris Williams a starter for $2.5 mil a year?

    I was thinking 80-20 that Kroenke would move the team.

    Now I am at 50-50 and the trend is downward for St Louis.

    Gonna see all 1 year veteran deals for worthless junk no one else wants.

    Seen it with the Blues and Car dinals when a sale was nearing, salary dumps, even top player s, and no moves to compete for a Championship.

    Cut costs, cut people, and just do the best you can to be .500.

    If fans go nuts and quit buying tickets, it makes a move easier with the NFL.
    ????? I would love for Rams to move back to LA but how can you conclude to that based off no signing of players day 1?
    sosa39rams likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Nothing to do but speculate......
    By OldSchoolRamFan in forum DRAFT & FA
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -04-18-2008, 12:47 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •