Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    bruce4life is offline Registered User

can we draft Suh now????

please? is that too much to ask?

blood85 is offline Registered User

Re: can we draft Suh now????

We don't need another defensive player, we need some playmakers on offense...namely a QB and a go to WR to take some pressure off SJAX.

Quote Originally Posted by blood85 View Post
    We don't need another defensive player, we need some playmakers on offense...namely a QB and a go to WR to take some pressure off SJAX.
    Suh is by far the best player in the draft hands down... There is not one Qb that stands out at all I guess you could make a case for Eric Berry but don't want a safety number one overall...

LongBlood is offline Registered User

My question is this. Are you willing to part with S. Jackson? If yes, then take Suh, if not...then don't. A true #1 WR will make MORE impact on this team than Suh. The D as it is now is competitive something that the offense is not. While QB is a pressing need, it is imparitive IMO to draft a WR first because they typically take 2-3 to hit their stride in the NFL. If we can get a 1st round pick for Jackson, then IMO the draft ideally would be DT Suh, WR Bryant, RB/WR/QB Mathews would be my pick at RB but he can go anywhere from 2nd-3rd round, and then WR/RB/QB in round 3. We need weapons, and can't afford injuries. It's time to load up the offense. Jackson is 25...he needs to go if you want Suh.

Ahmedrams81 is offline Registered User

Possibly pick up Calvin Johnson in the offseason?

I can have my cake and eat it too!!! WHy trade a top 3 Rb when you can draft Suh and sign a prime WR target to help the team.

LongBlood is offline Registered User

If you guys can get a true #1 WR, that is still young do whatever it takes to do so. Teams are pretty unwilling to let 'em go. Running backs are simply the most disposable position in the NFL...yet sometimes also the hardest to fill. Mathews just has a knack for finding the hole which I love.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Here's a thought: I believe Tampa Bay has two first round picks, one of which is the #4 overall selection. I read earlier in the week that they'd love the opportunity to get Suh (along with every other team), and they'd consider trading up to get him. Would the Rams possibly entertain such a thought? Getting the #4 pick plus asking for Tampa's other 1st rounder would be the way to go. That means we'd have 3 of the 1st 33 picks in the draft, and we could get a QB, stud defensive player(s) and/or a playmaker at WR.

Probably ridiculous to even discuss this now, but I figured I'd throw it out there to drum up some commentary.

BIG-BLUE is offline Registered User

#1 spot you draft bpa, unless another team is willing to give away the bank say like the Saints did for Ricky Williams. So in my opinion since no one is willing to hands us all there draft picks we take Suh without question. He is the bpa at the top spot hands down.
    As far as trading Jackson, I am not a fan, but again if a team is willing to hand over an insane deal then yea you would have to take a long look at it.
    So we keep Jackson & draft Suh & then the 2nd round is where the true question begins.
    Do we grab a QB, WR, LB, RB, OL all are areas of need, so again the bpa comes in imo.
    But of course I will leave that to the pro's.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    Here's a thought: I believe Tampa Bay has two first round picks, one of which is the #4 overall selection. I read earlier in the week that they'd love the opportunity to get Suh (along with every other team), and they'd consider trading up to get him. Would the Rams possibly entertain such a thought? Getting the #4 pick plus asking for Tampa's other 1st rounder would be the way to go. That means we'd have 3 of the 1st 33 picks in the draft, and we could get a QB, stud defensive player(s) and/or a playmaker at WR.

Probably ridiculous to even discuss this now, but I figured I'd throw it out there to drum up some commentary.
    I doubt anyone would argue that Suh is the BPA and should most likely be the #1 pick,But if tampa wants to throw there 2-#1 picks at us for the top pick then I say do it,this offense is the worst I have ever seen it is going to have to get some big time playmakers to help it get going,the defense I think will be ok if we could put up some points, so take the 2 picks and get some offense.

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by LongBlood View Post
    My question is this. Are you willing to part with S. Jackson? If yes, then take Suh, if not...then don't. A true #1 WR will make MORE impact on this team than Suh. The D as it is now is competitive something that the offense is not. While QB is a pressing need, it is imparitive IMO to draft a WR first because they typically take 2-3 to hit their stride in the NFL. If we can get a 1st round pick for Jackson, then IMO the draft ideally would be DT Suh, WR Bryant, RB/WR/QB Mathews would be my pick at RB but he can go anywhere from 2nd-3rd round, and then WR/RB/QB in round 3. We need weapons, and can't afford injuries. It's time to load up the offense. Jackson is 25...he needs to go if you want Suh.
    It'd still be 2 or 3 years to see if said wideout was actually going to pan out. After watching our struggles with rookie wideouts this season, I do not want to see this team "solve" the problem by drafting another rookie. Bring in a veteran if you want, but another rookie won't fix anything. By the same token, going all youth at another skill position is a horrifically bad idea. We need Jackson's veteran presence.

Conversely, Suh is roundly considered the best defensive prospect of the last 10 years, and our defense is not so much better off that we can afford to pass on such talent in the name of filling a (perceived to be greater) need. His play is of such quality that he will contribute to the team's success immediately.

SavageRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BIG-BLUE View Post
    #1 spot you draft bpa, unless another team is willing to give away the bank say like the Saints did for Ricky Williams. So in my opinion since no one is willing to hands us all there draft picks we take Suh without question. He is the bpa at the top spot hands down.
    As far as trading Jackson, I am not a fan, but again if a team is willing to hand over an insane deal then yea you would have to take a long look at it.
    So we keep Jackson & draft Suh & then the 2nd round is where the true question begins.Do we grab a QB, WR, LB, RB, OL all are areas of need, so again the bpa comes in imo.
    But of course I will leave that to the pro's.
    I don't think there's really much of a question for the 2nd round.... it's a WR, unless a QB prospect like Clausen or McCoy somehow sink down within trade distance in the first round... I know... highly unlikey.

BEER is offline Registered User

This is a simple Q. and a even more easy answer, Yes draft Suh and trade Jackson. We get the best pick and more picks with the trade for Jackson. And this is the year of any year to go balls out because of the bargaining agreement. If we trade Jackson,
    we will be able to sign or trade another 1rst round pick.
    Last edited by BEER; -01-03-2010 at 07:04 PM.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

I wanna hear SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH on the Turf, it'll be just like the good ole' days of hearing BRUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post

If they wanna throw two 1st rounders at us then hell yes we take it. However if they wanna throw their #4 pick and either carnell williams or antonio bryant, i would also take that.

Carnell would be an excellent chang of pace back, he runs hard and is really elusive, and antonio bryant would help out our young WR's.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast