Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BIG-BLUE is offline Registered User

Re: can we draft Suh now????

Quote Originally Posted by SavageRam View Post
    I don't think there's really much of a question for the 2nd round.... it's a WR, unless a QB prospect like Clausen or McCoy somehow sink down within trade distance in the first round... I know... highly unlikey.
    Could be, but there is free agency out there looming also & any one of the areas of need could be filled thru FA. Not saying we will sign a true #1 WR, but you never know. Also like it was already stated we have a stable of young wr, we need someone with some experience not another kid learning on the fly.
    I have to say the idea of trading the #1 for both of Tampa's 1st rounders is some what interesting, could open a whole new thread with the possibilities

clarasDK is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    Here's a thought: I believe Tampa Bay has two first round picks, one of which is the #4 overall selection. I read earlier in the week that they'd love the opportunity to get Suh (along with every other team), and they'd consider trading up to get him. Would the Rams possibly entertain such a thought? Getting the #4 pick plus asking for Tampa's other 1st rounder would be the way to go. That means we'd have 3 of the 1st 33 picks in the draft, and we could get a QB, stud defensive player(s) and/or a playmaker at WR.

Probably ridiculous to even discuss this now, but I figured I'd throw it out there to drum up some commentary.
    Tampa does not have 2 first round picks.

I say go for Suh and see if we can sign a WR in FA. Bryant is FA, Marshall might be possible to get out of Broncos.

And I do not thinkn we should part with Jackson, why trade away our only asset? For at draft pick that will always be a 50/50 chance for a ok player and even less of a chance for getting at Jackson caliber player.

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by LongBlood View Post
    If you guys can get a true #1 WR, that is still young do whatever it takes to do so. Teams are pretty unwilling to let 'em go.
    Ahhhhh no thanks we take Suh!
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

BM_Face is offline Registered User

I called this like, months ago. If Suh is on the boards when the Rams pick, he will be a Ram. Barring some kind of record breaking trade, we will have the first pick. I am with the OP, didn't Miami sign some guy prior to draft day?

We need help on the offense and defense, and it would be a major blunder to let the best player of the draft go to another team just so we can have our pick of young QB's. Suh looks like the best college player at his position in decades. That is a big deal. GoRams!
    A defeated look of consternation, dissappointment, or even pain. The name derives from the look one often gets when challenged by a large BM.

bruce4life is offline Registered User

Unless the Broncos trade us Marshall and both their 1st round picks no trade is likely to happen

Yodude is offline Registered User

By the same token, going all youth at another skill position is a horrifically bad idea. We need Jackson's veteran presence.
    Pretty weak argument. RB is one of the only positions where youth not only does NOT matter, it's actually preferred.
    Clannie Nominee for ClanRam's Thickest Poster

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

[QUOTE=clarasDK;325275]Tampa does not have 2 first round picks.

You're right, claras. The analyst either got it wrong or I heard it wrong. Tampa has 2 2ND ROUND picks- I believe the 3rd and the 10th selections in that round.

Guys, we draft Suh, then try to find a QB. While I'm certainly not suggesting that we need no receiver help, we have more pressing needs elsewhere. Avery, Robinson, Gibson, Burton, Martin & Amendola are all serviceable, if not big threat guys. A couple (Avery, Robinson) could become very good if they improve. Would it be great to get a playmaker? You bet. But looking for a WR in round two is not the way I'd go.

Frito is offline Registered User

Suh me!!!!!

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Yodude View Post
    Pretty weak argument. RB is one of the only positions where youth not only does NOT matter, it's actually preferred.
    And Kenneth Darby exudes leadership and competence *rolls eyes* Jackson knows how to compete in the NFL. Not only that, he made the Pro Bowl off a 1-15 team. The AFC North champion Bengals don't have a Pro Bowler on the roster. This cannot be underestimated.

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

getting Suh is going to be soooooooo exciting!
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

I had a big ol lengthy post going, but then I thought about AV's Advice...

Keep Jackson

Draft Suh

Draft or acquire through FA: OL, QB, WR, CB/S...

Try again next year!!!
    "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

swatter555 is offline Registered User

The Rams have a recent history of drafting rather poorly despite having high picks. We have spent alot of our picks trying to bolster our defensive line, with (I would say) poor results. Maybe Chris Long turns out to be a decent starter, but not a star in my book.

Anyway, regardless of talent, you need to look at the weaknesses on your team. I am not saying needs is more important than talent, but getting star struck over Su could still hurt us. What IF Su turns out to be quality starter rather than a sure-fire star? At that point, how much of our cap will be tied up in an average defensive line?

The Rams cannot fall back into their recent draft habits of "defense first" when our offense is in horrible shape. My fear is that yet another year goes by and we are stuck with a below average QB without any hope of upgrading the position or having an extremely talented rookie in the works. QB is the most important single position on the team, not DT, and the fact is we have no hope of getting a better one without taking a risk in the draft. And let us not forget, every draft pick, even Su, carries risk.

I am not saying that we shouldn't draft Su, I am saying that the Rams need to think really hard about where they want to be next year. Are we truly better served by bolstering our defense with the first pick? If they can truly look themselves in the eye and say yes, then they should do it. At the same time, know we will suck again next year and the next and so on (Su or no) without a serious upgrade at QB.

Yodude is offline Registered User

And Kenneth Darby exudes leadership and competence *rolls eyes* Jackson knows how to compete in the NFL. Not only that, he made the Pro Bowl off a 1-15 team. The AFC North champion Bengals don't have a Pro Bowler on the roster. This cannot be underestimated.
    Nowhere in my post did I say young and untalented is preferable *rolls eyes*.

I responded to your comment about having youth at the RB position. Ask the the Titans how their young RB is working out *rolls eyes again*

Tell you what, you post your thoughts and let me post mine. Don't write garbage like your first sentence and present it as somthing that I was implying *rolls eyes a final time*
    Clannie Nominee for ClanRam's Thickest Poster

Blankman17 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by fliptalianstallion View Post
    I wanna hear SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH on the Turf, it'll be just like the good ole' days of hearing BRUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    Damnit, if we draft him I'm buying a jersey and tickets to opening kickoff because of this.

macrammer is offline Registered User

One player, no matter how good he is expected to be as a pro, does not stop all of the leaks the Rams have. All things/deals should be considered.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast