bigtiger737 is offline Registered User

can we save any money by sending bennitt?

If we could get rid of bennitt for a pick/young player would it be worth it? I know he only has 1 year in on his contract but, could we save bruce by getting rid of him??

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Re: can we save any money by sending bennitt?

Quote Originally Posted by bigtiger737 View Post
    If we could get rid of bennitt for a pick/young player would it be worth it? I know he only has 1 year in on his contract but, could we save bruce by getting rid of him??
    First of all I believe the cap hit would be too much if we were to let him go outright. Even if we could trade him, we'd still be paying dead money on his signing bonus. Add to that the fact that he didn't exactly tear it up last year isn't going to attract many suitors. Bennett played hurt last year and had to learn a new offense to boot. Let's see what he can bring to the table when healthy. Al Saunders will find a way to utilize him I've no doubt. It is all about matchups, and Al will surely will devise plays that incorporate his strengths. If our O-line bounces back healthwise, those who were down on Bennett last year, may be in for a pleasant surprise ..

Isaac Bruce will have to restructure to remain a Ram, he also may be delegated to #3 receiver. This is a tough call that the coaches will have to make. It may be time for Bruce to move on or retire. Isaac has been a great player for us, but the coaching staff and FO have to do whatever is possible to improve the team. I hope they feel Ike is still good enough to go another year. We'll see ...

Mooselini is offline Registered User

I think like MauiRam said, we would get hit with the cap hit REALLY bad. As much as I want him gone, he's playing for Saunders now. Like Marshall Faulk said before the 07 season, he's a height receiver and we can use him when needed.

shower beers is offline Registered User

Maybe on madden you can dump him after one year, but in the game of life...not so much.

Don't give up on him yet. Let's see what he can do.