MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Can You Say Oink !!??

This guy would be able to help at strong safety, and should be available in rd 6 or 7. Why so late? Still a little dinged up from last year. He underwent surgery (successfully) to repair a torn achilles tendon. He likely couldn't contribute much this year, but if selected in rd 6 or 7, (we have two picks in both of those rounds) he could prove to be a steal!

Cornelius "Pig" Brown: (5' 11" 197 lbs - 4.59)

Positives: Very active. Strong tackler. Will hit ballcarriers in the mouth. Shows big play ability and performed well iin the clutch (see game clinching interception vs Illinois). Very good production. Emotional leader. Has a passion for the game. Has return experience. Really stood out vs Texas Tech, making plays all over the field.

Negatives: Lacks bulk. Only a one year starter. Durability is a consideration - was slowed by an ankle injury during the season and is coming off a career- threatening type of injury.

Summary: Injury concerns are valid and could serioulsy affect his draft status. However Brown is a good football player who is effective in the box. Could be worth a late-round gamble in hopes that he could return to form, but might have to begin the season on the PUP list ..

From what I've read and seen, this kid would be a great pickup - he could develop iinto the type of SS we've been wanting for a long time. He would be great value in the late rounds. For those curious to know a little more about him check out the link below .. One more thing, for those of you wondering about his nickname -- Cornelius was dubbed "Pig" by his mom at an early age, as he was always making a mess ...

Pig Brown hogging spotlight for Missouri - Sports @ Daily Journal Online - Park Hills, MO

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Re: Can You Say Oink !!??

He got off to a strong 2007. In Missouri’s 40-34 win over the Illini he returned a fumble 100 yards, then saved the game as Illinois was driving to a potential game-winning score in the final minute

“He knows how to read the three-step, five-step, reads the quarterback’s eyes,” free safety William Moore said. “We watch film outside of the facilities — we come to each others house and watch film. He teaches me things I don’t know about.”

Thats pretty impressive.

If he's available that late in the draft, I'm all for it.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

He was playing out of his mind for Mizzou until he got hurt. He practically stopped K-State all by himself.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Very nice find Maui. I would say he'd be a perfect late 6th - 7th prospect. There's a good chance that he could never get back to an NFL playing level, but if he does, he could be a home run with a pick that low. Hell, that's what those picks are for, depth and gambles.

Positives: 70 tackles in 8 games as a starter. Awesome awareness, apparently. Leader on and off the field and an active studier of film. Most important to me... passion for the game. You know that he'll do whatever he can for you.

His negatives are understandable, but not damning. So what if he only started one year. Willie Parker never started in college. Felix Jones is going to be a first round pick and has always played second fiddle to Run DMC. Granted they're RB's and not a SS, but the point is still made. He very much could be a late bloomer, considering he was at JUCO for his first two years.

As for his size, Bob Sanders is only 5'9". Maurice Jones Drew is only 5'7" and he blew up Merriman last year. His size is fine. He might have slow timed speeds, but he is also recovering from an Achilles injury and has shown his speed on the field. When the pads come on, that's when speed matters. As it is, his 4.59 is middle of the pack in the safeties and there's only a handful of guys that are more than marginally faster than him(read four guys more than 0.1 second faster in the 40).

I don't like the safeties this year in general so we might as well go for a late round boom or bust guy. I love it.

Dominating D is offline Registered User

I've been waiting for the Rams to draft a hard hitting Safety since they let AA go.l I'm still waiting but it sounds like this guy is a diamond in the rough. His injury is serious and you may not see his true potential for a least a couple of years.

GO Rams

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by Dominating D View Post
    I've been waiting for the Rams to draft a hard hitting Safety since they let AA go.l I'm still waiting but it sounds like this guy is a diamond in the rough. His injury is serious and you may not see his true potential for a least a couple of years.
    GO Rams
    Very possibly, although I'd bet with this kid's passion for the game he would be able to go full bore in 2009. It is the injury which will make him available in the later rounds though ...

Dominating D is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MauiRam View Post
    Very possibly, although I'd bet with this kid's passion for the game he would be able to go full bore in 2009. It is the injury which will make him available in the later rounds though ...
    The injury he has takes time to heal. Marino never got over it in time to change the end of his career.

It's an injury that you have to wait and see how it heals. You should not rush it or it can set you way back.

Go Rams

ramsplaya16 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post

Maurice Jones Drew is only 5'7" and he blew up Merriman last year.
    oh man oh man i love it!
    YouTube - Shawne Merriman gets BLOWN UP by MJD
    Built RAM tough