Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    RebelYell is offline Registered User

Re: Carriker to be traded

ESPN changed their mind. Now the Rams HAVE included the Philly 5th. If that is true, this is really telling.

AV: Schefter issued an update to that position. He and the Post were in agreement for a while.

BrokenWing is offline Registered User

Telling of what? That the media can't get a story straight to save their lives?

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post
    ESPN changed their mind. Now the Rams HAVE included the Philly 5th. If that is true, this is really telling.

AV: Schefter issued an update to that position. He and the Post were in agreement for a while.
    Well, I don't know who is right, but I do know that Schefter is ESPN's source, so it makes sense that they would have the same story.

Bralidore(RAMMODE) is offline Registered User

Heard from usatoday that the trade involves a swap of fifths AND sevenths, but no additional picks..

BrokenWing is offline Registered User

Now there are 7th round picks involved? When will the madness end!?

Seriously...is it that hard to figure out what we traded him for? It's like nothing the Rams do can just be cut and dry this off season, the media has to give us five answers for everything and at least fifteen rumors.

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Maybe they're all wrong and it's our 5th and Carriker for Campbell, then we take Suh in round 1. I can dream can't I?

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Rams ship DT Carriker to Redskins, move up in fifth round of draft
    NFL.com Wire Reports
    Posted 31 minutes ago

The St. Louis Rams traded defensive tackle Adam Carriker, who has been hampered by injuries and position switches, to the Washington Redskins on Tuesday to move up in the fifth round in this week's NFL draft.

The Redskins said they sent the 135th overall draft pick to the Rams in exchange for Carriker and the 163rd selection. The team also swapped seventh-round picks, with the Redskins now 208th and the Rams 211th.

Carriker was a first-round pick (13th overall) by the Rams in 2007, but he missed the 2009 season because of a shoulder injury. He will be reunited with Redskins defensive coordinator Jim Haslett, a former Rams coach.

"Adam is a guy who our staff is very familiar with," Redskins coach Mike Shanahan said in a statement released by the team. "He is talented and has an incredible work ethic. We feel he will fit in our scheme and will help us reach our defensive goals."

Devaney said the Redskins had tried to acquire Carriker for a while.

"The signings we've made the past couple of weeks we thought, you know what, this might be the right time to do it," Devaney said. "Right now, it seems like we've got a little bit of depth. I hope we do."

The Rams are expected to re-sign backup Gary Gibson to augment a defensive-line group headed by Clifton Ryan, Fred Robbins and Darell Scott.

Carriker was a defensive end at Nebraska, where he was the Big 12 Conference Defensive Player of the Tear as a senior. He played tackle in a 4-3 alignment with the Rams, but he'll likely move outside in the Redskins' 3-4 scheme.

"He's never complained, and we used him in multiple positions," Devaney said. "He did the best he could, but it hasn't been a great scheme for him."
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Nick_Weasel is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Rams ship DT Carriker to Redskins, move up in fifth round of draft
    NFL.com Wire Reports
    Posted 31 minutes ago

The St. Louis Rams traded defensive tackle Adam Carriker, who has been hampered by injuries and position switches, to the Washington Redskins on Tuesday to move up in the fifth round in this week's NFL draft.

The Redskins said they sent the 135th overall draft pick to the Rams in exchange for Carriker and the 163rd selection. The team also swapped seventh-round picks, with the Redskins now 208th and the Rams 211th.

Carriker was a first-round pick (13th overall) by the Rams in 2007, but he missed the 2009 season because of a shoulder injury. He will be reunited with Redskins defensive coordinator Jim Haslett, a former Rams coach.

"Adam is a guy who our staff is very familiar with," Redskins coach Mike Shanahan said in a statement released by the team. "He is talented and has an incredible work ethic. We feel he will fit in our scheme and will help us reach our defensive goals."

Devaney said the Redskins had tried to acquire Carriker for a while.

"The signings we've made the past couple of weeks we thought, you know what, this might be the right time to do it," Devaney said. "Right now, it seems like we've got a little bit of depth. I hope we do."

The Rams are expected to re-sign backup Gary Gibson to augment a defensive-line group headed by Clifton Ryan, Fred Robbins and Darell Scott.

Carriker was a defensive end at Nebraska, where he was the Big 12 Conference Defensive Player of the Tear as a senior. He played tackle in a 4-3 alignment with the Rams, but he'll likely move outside in the Redskins' 3-4 scheme.

"He's never complained, and we used him in multiple positions," Devaney said. "He did the best he could, but it hasn't been a great scheme for him."
    LOL even worse. So we move up 28 spots in the 5th and move down 3 spots in the 7th. If this deal got any worse we'd be paying them to take Carriker off our hands.

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rams_man13 View Post
    Everywhere I read it's still a swap of 5ths...

We move up 28 spots, from 163 to 135.
    Whoop de frickin' doo.

Chances remain whoever we take with that selection won't pan out into a long term upgrade at any position.

At least try to stockpile a pick or two if you want to get some more Hello Kitty Bandaids to plug holes.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

I'd much rather have kept him as depth rather than have just swapped picks for him. I don't care if players are less valuable than picks, this was a bad trade.
    I believe!

realchamp11 is offline Registered User

wow horrible trade. if we trade the #1 pick i hope it alot better deal than this

:1:PLAY EVER SNAP LIKE IT YOUR LAST!!!:1:

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    I'd much rather have kept him as depth rather than have just swapped picks for him. I don't care if players are less valuable than picks, this was a bad trade.
    Except that 5th round DT we (might) select would probably provide around the same depth at a much cheaper cost. As much as they say the ownership problem won't affect the draft (and it shouldn't) they still have to keep a closer eye on the bottom line. If that means getting rid of a more expensive player, then that is what it means. He didn't fit our scheme, maybe one the DT we select will, and thus provide just as much depth if not more, but cheaper.

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by berg8309 View Post
    Except that 5th round DT we (might) select would probably provide around the same depth at a much cheaper cost. As much as they say the ownership problem won't affect the draft (and it shouldn't) they still have to keep a closer eye on the bottom line. If that means getting rid of a more expensive player, then that is what it means. He didn't fit our scheme, maybe one the DT we select will, and thus provide just as much depth if not more, but cheaper.
    We don't need depth at DT. We need starters at DT.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Nothing to get excited over I guess.

punahou is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Mooselini View Post
    So...when are we going to draft Suh?

I can only hope this means we ARE taking DT and not Willow Frail Bradford.
    Last edited by punahou; -04-20-2010 at 10:29 PM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast