Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RamWraith is offline Registered User

Re: carriker vs alan branch

The Rams want Carriker to play tackle. Not many teams have looked at him this way but I can see it. The kid is huge already, and most believe he has room to grow. I am a lot more intrigued with him if he would play tackle than end, especially if we do get Wistrom back. I am liking this pick more and more. This kid a 100% all the time.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Linehan is putting out the Carriker signals for one reason alone:

He knows other teams near us will want him, and knowing that the Rams are interested may force a team to trade above us to get him, which will allow another payer to fall to us, maybe one that the Rams desire more.

Carriker is wanted by the Rams, but to release this very strong indication can only be a smokescreen for another purpose IMO

Country is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    Linehan is putting out the Carriker signals for one reason alone:

He knows other teams near us will want him, and knowing that the Rams are interested may force a team to trade above us to get him, which will allow another payer to fall to us, maybe one that the Rams desire more.

Carriker is wanted by the Rams, but to release this very strong indication can only be a smokescreen for another purpose IMO
    I agree with you that the story coming out is strange, most times that this happens it is a smoke screen to force someones hand. I think they might be doing it to force one of the 3-4 teams ahead of us to take a good long look at Carriker possibly allowing a guy like Amobi Okoye to fall to us.

If it is not the case and the story just came out then I hope we draft him anyway.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

I'd trade up for Branch. We are in a desperate situation defensively. Years and Years of mediocrity have hampered the Rams. The Rams haven't been solid defensively since the first 8 games of Lovie's last year.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    I'd trade up for Branch. We are in a desperate situation defensively. Years and Years of mediocrity have hampered the Rams. The Rams haven't been solid defensively since the first 8 games of Lovie's last year.
    My thoughts exactly. We can't say that DE is specifically solid, but with the adddition of Hall and the development of VA, i can see a move for Branch making sense. Especially if we can get out of it for, say, a third rounder.(Unlikely?)

Country is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Bar-bq View Post
    My thoughts exactly. We can't say that DE is specifically solid, but with the adddition of Hall and the development of VA, i can see a move for Branch making sense. Especially if we can get out of it for, say, a third rounder.(Unlikely?)
    I think if we can talk to the Redskins we may be able to get Branch. The problem with Branch is who knows how high he goes he could go in the top 3 or he could fall to 9.

I agree with the desperation, the Rams have to make a serious move to get a DT that can dominate.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12