View Poll Results: The Rams should be ready to contact...

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sidney Rice

26 55.32%
  • Barry Cofield

4 8.51%
  • Santonio Holmes

1 2.13%
  • Mike Sims-Walker

2 4.26%
  • Davin Joseph

2 4.26%
  • Justin Blalock

4 8.51%
  • Ray Edwards

2 4.26%
  • Matthias Kiwanuka

5 10.64%
  • James Anderson

0 0%
  • Quintin Mikell

1 2.13%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: In case free agency starts soon... who should the Rams have on speed dial?

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

In case free agency starts soon... who should the Rams have on speed dial?

Who's first?

AtlantaRamFan is online now Registered User

Re: In case free agency starts soon... who should the Rams have on speed dial?

Sidney Rice. Signing Rice would take away the need to trade up for a play maker.

EDIT: Although having a new starting guard sure would be nice too

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

As much as I want Jones to fall to us at 14, I want Sidney Rice more, injuries be damned!

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

I went with Justin Blalock, sorry but I won't buy into Sidney Rice and his injury history. Justin Blalock is a much safer pick in the FA IMO, he should be complimentary to Steven Jackson when he strides downfield but if we go after Rice, I'd be happy, just precautious.

BarronWade is offline Registered User

I would have Mathis kiwanuka as my first call. he has experience with spags and he is just soo versatile and can be a nice super-sub for us on the line.

I would call Sidney Rice's doctor before i call his agent. We have good receivers there problem is with injuries and staying healthy What makes Rice different? Sorry we just have too many injury problems with our WRs that I just want to be cautious if we are handing out money for a playmaker.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Call Sidney Rice immediately. Imagine our offense with a receiver of his caliber? Our offense would flourish. I am willing to bet that with Greco in, Rice would improve our running game as much as a new OG would.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Call Sidney Rice immediately. Imagine our offense with a receiver of his caliber? Our offense would flourish. I am willing to bet that with Greco in, Rice would improve our running game as much as a new OG would.
    Sidney Rice is like a used Porsche: he's fast, beautiful, and quite the eye-candy for many seekers but deep inside, he has an unstabled engine that's bound to breakdown if using him carelessly.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by fliptalianstallion View Post
    Sidney Rice is like a used Porsche: he's fast, beautiful, and quite the eye-candy for many seekers but deep inside, he has an unstabled engine that's bound to breakdown if using him carelessly.
    I'd rather take my chances on someone who had a freak hip injury than a rookie. Rice has proven he is a force and even last season when he came back he showed he was fine. Rice is less prone to be unsuccessful....on the other hand a rookie has a great chance of becoming a bust. (Not saying they will)

Richbert88 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by fliptalianstallion View Post
    This sounds very similar to the concerns people had about the acquisition of Marshall Faulk.

Guys get injured, it happens. That particular injury Rice had isn't a typical WR type of injury. Should he be healed from that, I would have no concerns about him shagging balls from Sam.

Additionally, Sidney Rice far exceeds what can be acquired in the draft after the first round, at this moment.
    Semper Fi!

TekeRam is offline Registered User

As much as I don't like relying on Sidney Rice, he is the best player out there for this offense right now. He had one stellar season, getting passes from a HOF QB. Well, now we can see what he can do with Bradford.

I would also be calling Coefield and Blalock pretty quickly too. They're both good vets who can really shore up our lines.
    I believe!

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Sidney Rice, no doubt. If he were signed before the draft, there's no push to move up the board on Thursday.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

I went with OG Joseph. Blalock would suffice also. Im still not convinced in the present players on the OL.
    I know WR and DL will probably be targeted at 14 on draft day, but Im still of the opinion our run blocking is our biggest problem going forward.
    We have so many needs that I hope we are quite active in free agency, within reason of course. Which is very unlikely for the Rams.?

Chris58 is offline Registered User

I'm with you GD 39. I think the OL is the biggest concern, but I know I am in the minority here. With a back like Jackson there is no excuse for a 3.7 YPC average except that the line is just not good enough. An OG is high on my list of needs.

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

I think it could be argued that the lack of any real threat from the Rams' WRs had a lot to do with the inability to open up the running game.
    MauiRam and lostsoul like this.

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    I think it could be argued that the lack of any real threat from the Rams' WRs had a lot to do with the inability to open up the running game.
    I think that theory works both ways. A better running game should all the same greatly open up the pass.
    Lets face it, we have a beast of a running back who is getting tackled time and time again in the backfield all season, especially in the red zone. Steven Jackson is NOT the problem. In all the games against good teams our OL was being pushed backwards like men against boys. Our inability to run the ball in the second half cost us that game in Tampa among many more.
    I do agree that the WR core is weak, which hinders Jackson. But the runblocking is equally as poor.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast