View Poll Results: Which of these players might fall to Rd 2 AND would tempt the Rams? (Multiple Choice)

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Teddy Bridgewater

4 9.30%
  • Derek Carr

4 9.30%
  • Calvin Pryor

17 39.53%
  • Marquise Lee

10 23.26%
  • Cyrus Kouandjio

7 16.28%
  • Louis Nix, III

11 25.58%
  • Kyle Fuller

14 32.56%
  • Kelvin Benjamin

11 25.58%
  • Timmy Jernigan

7 16.28%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Catch a Falling Star? (Which 1st Round Prospect Might Tempt the Rams at #44)

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Catch a Falling Star? (Which 1st Round Prospect Might Tempt the Rams at #44)

Every year, there are players who are regarded as first round prospects throughout draft season, only to fall to Day 2 during the actual draft weekend. In some cases, the fall is warranted, as the players are revealed to be overrated.

In other cases, the players prove the scouts wrong and perform as first rounders.

Is there a potential "faller" that the Rams should keep their eye on for Round 2?

timsum1283 is offline Registered User

Re: Catch a Falling Star? (Which 1st Round Prospect Might Tempt the Rams at #44)

How is Calvin Pryor not selected by everyone who looked at this thread?
    Torry Holt likes this.

Torry Holt is offline Registered User

Re: Catch a Falling Star? (Which 1st Round Prospect Might Tempt the Rams at #44)

Quote Originally Posted by timsum1283 View Post
    I agree. I'll take Pryor at 44 without any hesitation. (If we don't take Ha Ha Dix at 13).
    Si vous croyez en vous, que vous avez de la fierté, et que vous ne lâchez jamais, vous serez un gagnant.
    Le prix de la victoire est chère, mais la récompense en vaut la peine.

citr92 is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by timsum1283 View Post
    didn't see him lol, guess i assumed he wouldn't be on the list

FestusRam is offline Registered User

I went Pryor. Easy choice.

I think Benjamin is way overrated.

turbofargo is offline Registered User

This of course depends on what the Rams do with the 13th pick. So with that I am thinking of removing that argument and putting at 13 what most draft experts think we will pick and that is HA HA. This would remove Pryor from the tempting part. Some people here are really high on Kyle Fuller, so I think the Rams would be tempted there. A smidge behind would have to be Benjamin. If we get the OT and FS it will be...well tempting to get the big WR in the 2nd rd. Either Fuller or Benjamin I would be very happy with.
    lostsoul likes this.

demiurge is offline Registered User

Oddly phrased question - I think we'd be tempted over most of these players in round 2. I think we'd grab Nix in a heartbeat there to shore up the run defense and rotation.

Lee I can't see being there in round 2 - if he was we'd grab him, even with all our young receivers. Bailey is good - Lee is better, having most of the same positive attributes with far more explosion, open field moves and quickness.

I don't see us drafting a 'star' QB like Bridgewater - as good as he is, I don't think the staff would want the potential QB controversy as they seem sold on Bradford and want to give him the chance to succeed.

If we didn't take a OL or S in the first round, Kouandijo and Pryor come into play. I don't see Pryor being there, Kouandijo might be, and if we still needed OT help he'd be a good pick.
    Randart likes this.

Randart is online now Registered User

Went for CK as if we miss on the tackles in the first round due to trading back I think we take one in 2nd or third round so seems like sound logic. Most of these choices I see no way they get out of the first round. Also I believe Cyrus would be a good guard so he has some versatility to him. imho-
    Last edited by Randart; -04-11-2014 at 01:20 PM.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Easily Kyle Fuller. He may the best CB in this entire class (his tape surely suggest's so) and yet he will most likely be available in round 2.
    lostsoul and Randart like this.

THE DREAM TEAM

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Should we make an assumption of likely first round choices or are we to assume they take a player not relevant to each of those players. Unlikely the Rams take a WR in the 2nd round if they used the #2 pick on a WR.

chucknbob is offline Registered User

Pryor is the easy choice for me, however I don't see him making it past day 1.

I think that anyone, other than the QBs to be tempting. Fish/Snead are always looking for value, so if they see a steal I think they'll take it regardless of need. I think they'll pass up early QBs because they don't want to stir up a QB controversy.

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

The logical question is, if a player who's presumed to be a 1st round pick falls into the 2nd round, isn't there a problem that the Rams would be wise to avoid? Despite that every year there are prospects who drop for a multitude of reasons, yet prove to be excellent players. Aaron Rogers comes to mind.

I selected Timmy Jernigan because he's likely to be a position that we do not address in round 1.

Go Rams!

Quote Originally Posted by mde8352gorams View Post
    The logical question is, if a player who's presumed to be a 1st round pick falls into the 2nd round, isn't there a problem that the Rams would be wise to avoid?
    Not necessarily. Sometimes, players fall for superficial reasons that prove to be wrong. For example, James Laurinaitis was initially regarded as a first round prospect, dropped to Round 2, and has thereafter played at a level that is superior to many first round picks.

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Not necessarily. Sometimes, players fall for superficial reasons that prove to be wrong. For example, James Laurinaitis was initially regarded as a first round prospect, dropped to Round 2, and has thereafter played at a level that is superior to many first round picks.
    We could probably debate this for years and both be right. If by superficial your are equating that with erroneous, then truly there are those who slip through. As I indicated Aaron Rogers is the most prominent in my mind.

James Laurinaitis is an interesting example. I love JLau as much as all of us, but I think he's more the victim of playing a position that has diminished importance in light of the increase in passing and reduction in running than his ability reflects. Other than Luke Keuchley (sp?) I'm hard pressed to think of too many first round MLB's in recent years. Ironically we drafted JLau in the same draft as we selected Jason Smith, an OT and a lousy one to boot. Essentially, I do think positions play a huge role in players dropping. If we could only have that 2009 draft as a do over.

Go Rams!

JL was also taken in the same draft as Aaron Curry.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast