View Poll Results: Which of these players might fall to Rd 2 AND would tempt the Rams? (Multiple Choice)

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Teddy Bridgewater

4 9.30%
  • Derek Carr

4 9.30%
  • Calvin Pryor

17 39.53%
  • Marquise Lee

10 23.26%
  • Cyrus Kouandjio

7 16.28%
  • Louis Nix, III

11 25.58%
  • Kyle Fuller

14 32.56%
  • Kelvin Benjamin

11 25.58%
  • Timmy Jernigan

7 16.28%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Catch a Falling Star? (Which 1st Round Prospect Might Tempt the Rams at #44)

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

Re: Catch a Falling Star? (Which 1st Round Prospect Might Tempt the Rams at #44)

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    JL was also taken in the same draft as Aaron Curry.
    Point well taken. This draft stuff is definitely an art, not a science.

Go Rams!

KoaKoi is offline Registered User

Re: Catch a Falling Star? (Which 1st Round Prospect Might Tempt the Rams at #44)

wow, aaron curry. There's a name I haven't heard in awhile (thus the point is well made i guess).

RuffRams is offline Registered User

Calvin Pryor would be an awesome pick at 44 if he falls that far. Especially if we don't pick Haha with those first 2 picks.

I would be so ridiculously happy if we somehow got Watkins, Lewan and Pryor

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Not necessarily. Sometimes, players fall for superficial reasons that prove to be wrong. For example, James Laurinaitis was initially regarded as a first round prospect, dropped to Round 2, and has thereafter played at a level that is superior to many first round picks.
    JL is the only member of that draft class that ranks in the top 10 in both sacks and picks. And his 512 tackles is light-years ahead of every other defender (Deandre Levy's 317 is 2nd).
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by demiurge View Post
    Oddly phrased question - I think we'd be tempted over most of these players in round 2. I think we'd grab Nix in a heartbeat there to shore up the run defense and rotation.
    Its really 2 questions:

1. Do you think the player might fall to Round 2?

and

2. If he did, would the Rams be tempted?

If the answer to both is "yes," then that player should get one of your votes.

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    JL is the only member of that draft class that ranks in the top 10 in both sacks and picks. And his 512 tackles is light-years ahead of every other defender (Deandre Levy's 317 is 2nd).
    That's an interesting stat, but at MLB playing behind a sub-par DL (I cannot recall who our DT's were from 2009-2011) until 2012 it makes sense. I have to admit after thinking about it I'm not sure JLau wasn't taken where he should have been, late 1st very early 2nd round. He's not as athletically gifted as Luke Keuchley or Patrick Willis who were the most recent MLB/ILB selected early/mid round 1. Plus he was probably overrated coming into the draft process and had a mediocre Combine performance as I recall. Regardless he's a very solid player for us and is a core defensive player whom I hope will be a Ram as long as he plays in the NFL.

2 players on our team that were "droppers" are Janoris Jenkins and Alec Ogletree as good examples of what I believe AV was asking about. They also fall into that "superficial" reason category alluded to earlier.

Go Rams!

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Louis Nix - DT is a luxury draft pick but I think if Nix falls, the Rams will jump on that type of player. NTs are one of those positions scouts don't screw up all that often.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12